NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

What if the Ravens swapped gold for silver/gray in their color scheme and went purple, black, and silver? It would separate them from the Vikings more (not that there's much confusion though) and make the gray pants (which I like) work.

Ideally they'd only have black pants, and go purple over black at home and white over black on the road, but with some gray accents instead of gold, the gray pants could be a nice alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One season closer, hopefully for some decent Falcons uniforms.

Why have decent when you can have great?

132680064_display_image.jpg?1337319893

falcons_photo_jimmycribbjpg.jpg?w=500

By far the uniform this board overrates the most. As an occasional alt? Meh. As a full-time look? Zzzzzzz.

I really think this uniform wouldn't get all the praise it does, except that their current look is such a train wreck. This is sublime by comparison.

Yes. That throwback Falcons set is good, but I think the road wouldn't be able to live up to it. A red helmet on a team which has black as the primary color. It'd be just like the '90s Bills, who looked great at home but had something lacking on the road. Of course, the Bills could have fixed the road set by bringing back the blue pants they wore in the '80s. But today, that would lead to monochrome blue at home while they'd still wear white pants on the road more often than not.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

What if the Ravens swapped gold for silver/gray in their color scheme and went purple, black, and silver? It would separate them from the Vikings more (not that there's much confusion though) and make the gray pants (which I like) work.

Ideally they'd only have black pants, and go purple over black at home and white over black on the road, but with some gray accents instead of gold, the gray pants could be a nice alt.

Gray pants would look awesome with black and purple if the accents elsewhere were also gray.

They need to add a stripe to the pants and add purple socks to make this work. The yoga pants look is awful.

The Falcons should have never gone with a black logo on a black helmet in the first place. It was wrong when coach Jerry Glanville did it and it's wrong today. The current logo is superior to the old one, just put it on a red helmet.

21235654newlogo.jpg

5150083250_093c1e8753.jpg

Steve Barkowski era was my favorite in Falcons History

R, R, S Home

R, W, S Road

steve_bartkowski_1981_10_18.jpg

Monochrome.

Overly busy piping and panelling.

Standard 2000s "update" of a perfectly serviceable logo made worse by forced overly aggressive design and needless addition of silver.

I'll disagree with this bolded point. The current Falcons logo was the 1st logo I fell in love with when I started following the NFL in 2003. Nostalgia aside, it's still better designed than the child's drawing that was the previous logo.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I disagree. I'm not a huge fan of the original logo, but the current one is much worse. It only makes sense looking at it next to the original and saying "this is an update." But on its own, it's not a good logo. And it looks even less like an "F" than does the original logo. I think it's really bad and a complete time capsule of early '00s design. Bad and dated. And instead of a really awkward talon, it now has a bear claw coming out of the wings.They could have done a much better update of the original. Or they could have come up with a new logo which didn't suck.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the current Falcons logo is the classic example of trying too hard to do too much. The original only needed a little streamlining and updating, but instead they went all out with the red shading, the aforementioned "bear claw" talon, the thick silver outline and the overly agressive look of it as a whole.

I don't consider it a terrible logo at all, in fact I'd categorize it as "decent". But I don't think the extent of the update was all that necessary from the start; the base of what the original was was certainly salvageable, and only needed a slight modernization. A good example of the route they should've taken is the Cardinals; still very similar to the original, but modernized enough to keep with the times and not reinvented to be some sort of "super bird".

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Yes. That throwback Falcons set is good, but I think the road wouldn't be able to live up to it. A red helmet on a team which has black as the primary color. It'd be just like the '90s Bills, who looked great at home but had something lacking on the road. Of course, the Bills could have fixed the road set by bringing back the blue pants they wore in the '80s. But today, that would lead to monochrome blue at home while they'd still wear white pants on the road more often than not.

I think red should be the primary color. Red jerseys every home game with maybe a black jersey for an alt, at most. If they wanted to go with silver pants with the red jersey, that would be fine by me, but I don't think the silver pants would look right with the white jersey, regardless of helmet color (unless the helmet were silver -- helmet and pants need to match when wearing white jersey). They could either go all white or put red pants with the white jersey. It works for the Chefs...

09000d5d81c7e03e_gallery_600.jpg

That Chiefs look is incredible. One of my favorite road looks in football. But I wouldn't want to see the Falcons have red pants because that would inevitably lead to monochrome at home.

I also think silver pants would look fine on the road with either red or black helmets, although probably better with black.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd love to see the Chargers bring back the yellow pants.

fouts81pf-1.jpg

Those pants with the Seau-era jerseys and helmets would be a solid look.. Although I also support a more powder-centric look for the chargers.. I feel like they should handle their colors like the ravens handle gold and dolphins handle blue.. Primary-powder, secondary-yellow, tertiary/trim-navy.. This would provide better color balance throughout their set, give them a more unique identity, and modernize the current residual 90's look.. I also think they have a huge issue with their lightning bolt motif.. In the Fouts picture, the bolt color varies depending on background and outlines.. I think it would behoove the chargers to find a way to unify their bolts.. My suggestion would be the current bolt (yellow with powder stroke and navy outline) on white helmets and away jersey shoulders. On powder jerseys, bolt remains yellow, stroke becomes white, outline remains navy (same for powder pants).. On navy pants or gold pants, a white panel would be incorporated with the Y/P/N bolt (same with any alternate navy or yellow jerseys).. The only other logical solution is to ALWAYS display the bolt on the same color background, which would essentially require helmet-colored inserts on all shoulders and pants, which is similar to what they've done recently..

Archived