Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Put me in the category of not liking the white pants

I am with you.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

im disapointed in the Giants pants choice. the uniform is a throwback and what makes it really unique today are the gray pants. white pants are so expected and this is a move that makes the uniform start to look really generic. i see why some prefer it but theres nothing more bland than a red white and blue American sports team.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The grey was bad. It just doesn't work. It's not an official color in any capacity aside from their facemask. It's a pointless holdover from the 50's.

Sure the white pants have grey on them but it's limited to being an accent there and not just full on. If they want to pay homage to previous eras of Giants football, then that's the way to do it. It gets everything in one shot without making no sense.

bSLCtu2.png

29 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

NFLP9.jpg

A uniform with a new piece added that wasn't designed when all the other pieces were.

This would be perfect in my opinion if they simply had the red stripe only. Would match the single red stripe on the helmet.

37 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

This would be perfect in my opinion if they simply had the red stripe only. Would match the single red stripe on the helmet.

I would like to see a single red stripe on a future blue pants option.

I think blue pants would be a nice change up with the white jerseys.  No blue monochrome though.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

THIS is a great looking uniform...

beats-odell-beckham-122015-getty-ftrjpg_

THIS looks like exactly what it is...

NFLP9.jpg

A uniform with a new piece added that wasn't designed when all the other pieces were.

i think this shows a real change in hierarchy of elements. the gray pants pair better with the blue - the lesser contrast lets the numbers grab your attention first, which is really as it should be. the white pants though grab your attention first and i think that looks wrong because theres no reason for pants to be at the top if visual hiearchy. 

i would definitely orefer a single red stripe on the white pants ( and gray really ) because that would tie all the pieces together much better. still, the player just looks top heavy with white pants. and really lacks a vintage flair which hurts the most, personally  

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

27 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think this shows a real change in hierarchy of elements. the gray pants pair better with the blue - the lesser contrast lets the numbers grab your attention first, which is really as it should be. the white pants though grab your attention first and i think that looks wrong because theres no reason for pants to be at the top if visual hiearchy. 

i would definitely orefer a single red stripe on the white pants ( and gray really ) because that would tie all the pieces together much better. still, the player just looks top heavy with white pants. and really lacks a vintage flair which hurts the most, personally  

Agreed.

11 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

im disapointed in the Giants pants choice. the uniform is a throwback and what makes it really unique today are the gray pants. white pants are so expected and this is a move that makes the uniform start to look really generic. i see why some prefer it but theres nothing more bland than a red white and blue American sports team.

it's still a throwback with the white pants. Giants did wear white pants at home and gray on the road starting in 1966 through I have no clue when that era ended. Early 70s?

31 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

it's still a throwback with the white pants. Giants did wear white pants at home and gray on the road starting in 1966 through I have no clue when that era ended. Early 70s?

I think they wore white pants with both sets during the Fran Tarkenton era.

fran_tarkenton_1971_12_05.jpgTARKENTON0001_2010080862.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

THIS is a great looking uniform...

beats-odell-beckham-122015-getty-ftrjpg_

THIS looks like exactly what it is...

NFLP9.jpg

There is no gray anywhere in the uniform though. The white pants match with the numbers and logos.

But it's a purposefully old school look and in the 50's uniform elements were all over the place. It's not supposed to match or be held to the same aesthetic standards as a current uniform. That's why the gray pants work, that's why the complete lack of red on the blues jerseys and complete lack of blue on the white jerseys works. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Like a few others have said (though we are in the minority) I like the white pants, but the white pants would work better if it was just blue/red/blue stripes.  It's why they worked in the 70s-90s.  The extra gray stripes just add clutter for these white pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived