NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

My point is, if half the teams in the league used the same template, what specifically made the Giants and BIlls sets two of the worst ever? The color overlap on the jerseys feel moot when the uniforms overall are so different.

They were not the worst ever they were just utterly forgettable.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, guest23 said:

They were not the worst ever they were just utterly forgettable.

I disagree, but I'm asking him because he said it. Even if the template was cookie-cutter-ish in 1990, I think the look would be a lot more distinct in 2016 given the fact that so many teams have since strayed away from that look. The Giants were trendsetters (or piggybacked the Jets) by going vintage at a time when teams made clumsy moves into modern gear... they could take another bold step forward integrating a look that would be bold and distinct against the current landscape, at least as an alternate, or a fauxback integrating the NY logo on the shell.

10 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I disagree, but I'm asking him because he said it. Even if the template was cookie-cutter-ish in 1990, I think the look would be a lot more distinct in 2016 given the fact that so many teams have since strayed away from that look. The Giants were trendsetters (or piggybacked the Jets) by going vintage at a time when teams made clumsy moves into modern gear... they could take another bold step forward integrating a look that would be bold and distinct against the current landscape, at least as an alternate, or a fauxback integrating the NY logo on the shell.

i think what made it generic then would also make it generic now. the uniforms were built on the entire list of standard football elements, down to the last detail of stroked block numbers and including a red, white, blue color palette. the current Giants uniform is simple, memorable, and unique because of what it doesn't use. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

that one had nothing to do with me. but its the launch of our 2016 campaign. so all the stuff you see coming out now, besides video, i probably had a hand in :)

Do you need an assistant? junior designer? coffee runner? lol I may be a Jets fan here in Miami but i'd love to be designer like you in the sports field one day :D:P 

..totally serious tho, just do not know where to start really :/ 

True2OB.png

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Semi-related to the thread, but the Dolphins' identity is really strong. Simple, sleek, modern with no stripe inconsistencies and tied to the franchise's past. Really solid. 

It's a really really bland identity compared to their brilliant throwback set they wore last year.

10 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I actually really like that look. I'd rather see black with white pants, but this is a million times better than what the 49ers did.

I seriously fail to see how... Both would be non black teams wearing team colors helmets with black monochrome uniforms and this can only sucks.

On 7/26/2016 at 10:44 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but the Giants are going to wear white pants with their home blue jersey for home games for the entire regular season.

God, no....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived