NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

On the Ravens, I like the idea of purple pants

Im okay with jersey pants matching if it means that the pants and socks never will.

That said, white and black pants always pair with purple socks would be fantastic

I'm sure I'm one of the very few people in the world that liked the mustard pants, even though it looks like there is near zero chance we ever see them again. I would have even liked to see how they looked paired with the white or black jersey. I am 100% against adding grey though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

112497boomerfist_451x550.jpg

See Bengals it's not that difficult to have a great uniform

Yep. Perfection right here. And the leaping Bengal logo is one of my all-time favorites.

Yeah...why they went with the stupid tiger-striped "B" as a logo is so stupid. It reeks of some D-III or high school logo.

If the Bengals tried something similar to what Memphis did then I'd be pretty happy with that. They also need to go back to a block font or a slightly modern version of the standard block. (Keeping their same helmet of course)

2013-memphis-tigers-new-nike-football-un

IMO the Ravens just need to scrap everything and start over. I guess the 90's were a time where teams would just choose colors that didn't contrast well enough. I mean serious, who would've thought black and purple would be a good color scheme? From far away, you usually couldn't tell which color was which in some cases. Their logo isn't entirely horrible, but I just always thought it looked too "messy" with the B mushed inside of it and the use of mustard metallic gold just never sat well with me. I really don't like their uniforms either, but that's mostly because of the number font.

IMO the Ravens just need to scrap everything and start over. I guess the 90's were a time where teams would just choose colors that didn't contrast well enough. I mean serious, who would've thought black and purple would be a good color scheme? From far away, you usually couldn't tell which color was which in some cases. Their logo isn't entirely horrible, but I just always thought it looked too "messy" with the B mushed inside of it and the use of mustard metallic gold just never sat well with me. I really don't like their uniforms either, but that's mostly because of the number font.

these guys

16301.jpg

356363-L.jpg

The Memphis template would look good for the Bengals. Hate to see those white side panels in the SB.

Clean those up and give us some new Falcons unis please. Red helm, black home jersey, white pants. White road with red pants. Red alt jersey. Black alt pants. Done. Every body wants three jerseys and three pants these days. :upside:

Total makeover for the Ravens.

Powder blue focused LA Chargers

Navy and Yellow focused LA Rams (with blue, white alt pants)

Red alt for Pats - and please eliminate most piping and silver jersey stripes.

And let the one-off Color Rush Thursdays reign (until everybody is tired of it after two years or so). I need yet another one-time Lime green jersey in my closet.

Bucs can try again in a few years.

That doesn't make it a good color scheme. It just makes it an overly literal color scheme.

A good color scheme involves more contrast between the two signature colors.

Well, with the Orioles having an overly literal color scheme, Art probably didn't want to have some ridiculous non-sensical color scheme given the nickname. The Ravens in red, yellow, and black would look pretty silly.

Black and purple is pretty good considering the team name. A raven in any other color would be pretty head-scratching.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That doesn't make it a good color scheme. It just makes it an overly literal color scheme.

I think some color schemes are good, even if they need more care in deciding how the colors are used. I think it looks terrible when the blue and burgundy touch on the Avalanche jerseys, but that doesn't make it a bad color scheme. The Ravens are a rare example where two of their colors blending together isn't really the worst thing.

Black and purple work fine together. They just need a lighter colour (white, gold) to provide the contrast in the borders so it doesn't blend together.

Right now the only real issue with the Ravens set is that they insist on using black socks with black pants, and they look like they just stepped out of yoga class.

Looks like the Cardinals must be over literal also because they use red.

a2BRS8U.png

The Ravens purple needs to be brighter.

I always found it funny that they actually designated a darker purple for the uniforms as opposed to the purple used in the logos.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived