NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, acb13013 said:

No, Brian, let's not do this.

I didn't realize that in addition to an NFL team, Minneapolis was going to field an Arena team as well. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

since we're on the topic of the Vikings, you'll want to watch this! the new stadium is going to be absolutely amazing. i think this is already a top 5 NFL stadium and my hunch is if i get to see it for myself, i might move it to as high as #1 on my list. can't wait to see games here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jPDZVC1p9Y

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

since we're on the topic of the Vikings, you'll want to watch this! the new stadium is going to be absolutely amazing. i think this is already a top 5 NFL stadium and my hunch is if i get to see it for myself, i might move it to as high as #1 on my list. can't wait to see games here

The purple seats look amazing. They killed it with that stadium!

True2OB.png

46 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

I normally hate any kind of indoor stadium but this one looks great.

On 7/26/2016 at 10:44 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but the Giants are going to wear white pants with their home blue jersey for home games for the entire regular season.

Yeah page 36-37, but thanks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

I didn't realize that in addition to an NFL team, Minneapolis was going to field an Arena team as well. 

I hope they don't go this route, however, pair it with the purple pants and you kind of get a 90's Northwestern look that I always liked.  But really, don't wear black.

1 hour ago, dbofox said:

I hope they don't go this route, however, pair it with the purple pants and you kind of get a 90's Northwestern look that I always liked.  But really, don't wear black.

I actually think that black set looks pretty good.  The problem I have is if it's worn for color rush, there will be black socks as well, which I think would ruin it.  The black jersey and pants, paired with purple socks, or maybe even yellow socks would look much better. 

On 7/19/2016 at 6:30 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

i think what made it generic then would also make it generic now. the uniforms were built on the entire list of standard football elements, down to the last detail of stroked block numbers and including a red, white, blue color palette. the current Giants uniform is simple, memorable, and unique because of what it doesn't use. 

Given that those elements are no longer standard and that the Giants current set is decreasingly unique amidst a growing sea of vintage uniforms, what made the uniform (debatably) generic before would make it objectively unique in 2016.

However, I am now questioning everything I thought I knew about uniforms because I am digging that black Vikings concept...

On 7/11/2016 at 8:28 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

THIS is a great looking uniform...

beats-odell-beckham-122015-getty-ftrjpg_

THIS looks like exactly what it is...

NFLP9.jpg

A uniform with a new piece added that wasn't designed when all the other pieces were.

I hate to say this, but I am starting to like this New York Giants look right here,

jersey6.jpg

78198255.jpg

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I hate to say this, but I am starting to like this New York Giants look right here,

jersey6.jpg

78198255.jpg

I see these unis, and John Madden and Pat Summerall start talking in my brain.  "...catch made by...Bavaro..."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I see these unis, and John Madden and Pat Summerall start talking in my brain.  "...catch made by...Bavaro..."

If it wasn't for that stupid one helmet rule...I wish they would abolish it...we would like to see the 1980 through 1999 uni as the alt

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

18 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

Guess that's the bar the Rams will have to top (I haven't seen the Falcons' new stadium yet).  That's REALLY nice.

Kinda wish they had stayed outdoors though...that's one of the best home-field advantages EVER.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

3 hours ago, scraw28 said:

If it wasn't for that stupid one helmet rule...I wish they would abolish it...we would like to see the 1980 through 1999 uni as the alt

they could still do that uniform with the current helmets. would look a little strange with the metallic helmets but would still work fine.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

they could still do that uniform with the current helmets. would look a little strange with the metallic helmets but would still work fine.

Or maybe go to a permanent matte helmet

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived