NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Steelers announced that they will wear all black 'Color Rush' uniforms on Christmas day. 

Steelers going Coal on Christmas. That's perfect.

Also, they're playing the Ravens who probably shouldn't wear their shade of purple. Not enough contrast. I'm assuming they go with red. So we have Coal vs. Santa Red on Christmas.

bSLCtu2.png

8 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Steelers going Coal on Christmas. That's perfect.

Also, they're playing the Ravens who probably shouldn't wear their shade of purple. Not enough contrast. I'm assuming they go with red. So we have Coal vs. Santa Red on Christmas.

Or that dehydrated piss gold they have to match those pants

Go A's!

Maybe the Ravens will just go all white.  Good vs. Evil on the (alleged) day of Christ's birth.

:P

Just please, please, please not all gold . . . at least not in the shade of last year's pants.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

P.S.  Putting the Ravens in all red would be a very NFL thing to do.  It is only a team color because it shows up on the shield logo (by default since it is part of the state flag) and the eye on the primary logo.

The red QB practice jerseys actually look pretty good (see below), but they should never be considered for the field.

Boller-Flacco.jpg

Look, a Kyle Boller sighting . . . !!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I have no problems with the current Titans set. In fact I actually like them. The problem is someone needs to break in to the facility and burn all the navy pants because they can't be trusted to wear the correct combos.  And they have beautiful light blue pants they never wear. (Except for stupid color rush)

Any time the navy pants are worn, light blue socks should be worn. The Navy pants should also never been worn with the light blue jerseys because the light blue looks amazing over white.

The 3 combos the Titans loving wearing the most are the 3 worst ones. White over Navy, Mono Navy and Light Blue over Navy. And navy socks are inexplicably worn with all 3.

25 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I have no problems with the current Titans set. In fact I actually like them. The problem is someone needs to break in to the facility and burn all the navy pants because they can't be trusted to wear the correct combos.  And they have beautiful light blue pants they never wear. (Except for stupid color rush)

Any time the navy pants are worn, light blue socks should be worn. The Navy pants should also never been worn with the light blue jerseys because the light blue looks amazing over white.

The 3 combos the Titans loving wearing the most are the 3 worst ones. White over Navy, Mono Navy and Light Blue over Navy. And navy socks are inexplicably worn with all 3.

I agree. The Titans should only wear navy on white and light blue on white at home, and white on light blue and all white on the road. 

23 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

01_fieldlogo_news.jpg

Here's a rendering, not sure if an actual photo exists yet.

Pretty boring and generic, imo. Definitely prefer the giant shield.

The outlines at the endzones were in yesterday. New field should be ready come Saturday for true eye testing.

Here's a good look at one of those endzones...

13827192_1784296368472550_2112098076_n.j

I have to agree with you. I would much rather keep the shield on the field. It's the most distinguised feature, if not one of them, in this stadium.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

7 hours ago, leopard88 said:

P.S.  Putting the Ravens in all red would be a very NFL thing to do.  It is only a team color because it shows up on the shield logo (by default since it is part of the state flag) and the eye on the primary logo.

The red QB practice jerseys actually look pretty good (see below), but they should never be considered for the field.

Boller-Flacco.jpg

That exact Boller jersey recently sold on eBay for over $200 if you can believe it.

1 hour ago, JQK said:

In the post-astroturf "FieldTurf era", is M&T Bank Stadium the first to go from grass, to FieldTurf, back to grass?

I was wondering that too.  I don't think anyone's done this before.

9 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Boller-Flacco.jpg

Actually they do have red in their logo. I wouldn't mind this being a 3rd. Once or twice a year.

14 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I was wondering that too.  I don't think anyone's done this before.

Gillette installed grass for the Copa games, but I don't know of a switch back to grass for American football.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Actually they do have red in their logo. I wouldn't mind this being a 3rd. Once or twice a year.

Nah.  Red is so minimal in the logo that to have a jersey in red would be ridiculous.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

That exact Boller jersey recently sold on eBay for over $200 if you can believe it.

Seriously?  What is wrong with some people?

43 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Nah.  Red is so minimal in the logo that to have a jersey in red would be ridiculous.

Agreed.  The red is half of one quadrant of the shield and the eye on the primary logo.  It would be like the Steelers having a blue jersey because one of the hypocycloids in their logo is blue.

As I said above, it is actually a really nice looking jersey.  It just doesn't work for the Ravens.

. . . maybe someone should call the Falcons . . . or the Univ. of Maryland.

Archived