NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

Was the endzones a rush job or what? We had a mix of past and present in the game. Fans wearing Yellow and Blue, players wearing the present day uniforms and the endzones Blue and White from the Rams of the 50's.

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2016 at 3:00 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

Since the Steelers announced they are retiring the Bumblebee uniforms after this year, I think they should do new throwback uniforms. They don't have many options left at the moment, so here is what they could possibly go with. 

Pittsburgh Steelers 1963 uniform

The 1963 away uniform. Obviously this could translate well to a modern uniform template. They would only wear it on the road though because I see no way the Steelers ever wear white at home. If they don't use this next year, then I'm sure it'll be an option for the NFL 100th anniversary in 2019. 

Pittsburgh Steelers 1967 uniform

Next we have the 1967 home. The only pre-1970s home uniform the Steelers have not thrown back to. This uniform could only work if they use the Vapor Untouchable template, which seems like some players have already worn at the end of last season. 

At some point they will do both but i hope to never see the 67 home uniforms. I really don't like the different colored yoke look. I do like the 63 away look with the all white and the yellow diamond sleeves. I used to use that look in madden from time to time paired with the yellow helmet and loved the look even more. I'd like to see a brand new alternate look, maybe just inverse the pants and jersey colors of their normal home uniform. It's a shame the nfl instituted the one helmet rule to make it look like they care about head injuries. Too bad it has no basis in helping athletes. If there was data that it helps, colleges wouldn't do it. NFL players still change helmets from time to time, they just aren't different colors. I think these are one of the best looks i've ever seen in the NFL. Of course i'm biased.

James-Harrison-Pittsburgh-Steelers.jpg[/img]

steelers-75-anniversary-throwbacks-flick

those socks!

4 hours ago, SoxSteeler said:

At some point they will do both but i hope to never see the 67 home uniforms. I really don't like the different colored yoke look. I do like the 63 away look with the all white and the yellow diamond sleeves. I used to use that look in madden from time to time paired with the yellow helmet and loved the look even more. I'd like to see a brand new alternate look, maybe just inverse the pants and jersey colors of their normal home uniform. It's a shame the nfl instituted the one helmet rule to make it look like they care about head injuries. Too bad it has no basis in helping athletes. If there was data that it helps, colleges wouldn't do it. NFL players still change helmets from time to time, they just aren't different colors. I think these are one of the best looks i've ever seen in the NFL. Of course i'm biased.

[/img]

those socks!

I absolutely love that set!

9 hours ago, SoxSteeler said:

James-Harrison-Pittsburgh-Steelers.jpg[/img]

those socks!

And the helmets actually say STEEL.  Love that...

image.png

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On August 4, 2016 at 3:44 AM, Gothamite said:

I don't hold up Dallas or Arizona as shining beacons of stadiums to be emulated.  And have said in the past that Minnesota's enclosed stadium is a mistake.

Looking at that bizarre shadow on the field, your graphic makes my point for me. 

I think you're in the minority there. But I forgot you're an old fogy who hates anything modern or innovative.  Might I suggest getting a time machine and going back to 1951?  I think you'd be happier there.

1 hour ago, rxmc89 said:

I think you're in the minority there. But I forgot you're an old fogy who hates anything modern or innovative.  Might I suggest getting a time machine and going back to 1951?  I think you'd be happier there.

It's just a difference between those who prefer football "the way football should be," vs those who prefer the whole "game day experience, etc".. Sure, being a traditionalist is more of an "old fogy" thing, but it's those old fogies who keep things in check for the purity of the sport and help keep the game from evolving too quickly into something else altogether..

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

They were the normal decals.

image.jpeg

Hines didn't come out of the lockerroom with the decal all jacked up, did he?  Seems like there would be at least one equipment guy that would say "Let me fix your helmet because the decal looks like crap."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/4/2016 at 5:44 AM, Gothamite said:

I don't hold up Dallas or Arizona as shining beacons of stadiums to be emulated. 

I wouldn't emulate Arizona around the league, but it's fine for what it is, where it is. You can't play fully outdoors there, and you shouldn't play fully indoors anywhere. It's fine. 

Minnesota's new stadium is architecturally impressive at first glance, I'll admit, but never should have been built when one stadium would have hosted ~20 football games a year just fine. The Metrodome's footprint could have been put to more cost-effective use than a plexiglass football anvil.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

Saw this on Uni-Watch today, Jeff Driskel's jersey had the full sleeve stripes:

cp2kce-ueaaemmz.jpg?w=768&h=1024

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/15/jeff-driskel-starts-49ers-sleeve-stripe-revolution/

If only the whole team would do this...

Alex Smith (QB, not TE) had the sleeves like that a few years ago, too.  I can't think of why someone would think the truncated stripes would look better.  Let the sleeve problems alter the stripes naturally.  Don't force it and create double the ugliness.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Alex Smith (QB, not TE) had the sleeves like that a few years ago, too.  I can't think of why someone would think the truncated stripes would look better.  Let the sleeve problems alter the stripes naturally.  Don't force it and create double the ugliness.

Well what happened was that the design was originally a reebok design. And it basically did what you said, it was basically truncated in a more pleasing fashion to fit reeboks cut. 

When Nike tookover they kept the same treatment but with a different cut which looks bad. And it is very odd that they do the full stripes on long sleeve qb cuts, especially being that they chose to make a really ugly looking spiral stripe on the retail jerseys

As for the texans, i love their identity but i think the wordmark is starting to look just a bit dated. I do like how the field paint actually appears navy now as opposed to the light blue on the real grass.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_1072000/ff_1072019_xl.jpg&w=245

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Well what happened was that the design was originally a reebok design. And it basically did what you said, it was basically truncated in a more pleasing fashion to fit reeboks cut. 

When Nike tookover they kept the same treatment but with a different cut which looks bad. And it is very odd that they do the full stripes on long sleeve qb cuts, especially being that they chose to make a really ugly looking spiral stripe on the retail jerseys

As for the texans, i love their identity but i think the wordmark is starting to look just a bit dated. I do like how the field paint actually appears navy now as opposed to the light blue on the real grass.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_1072000/ff_1072019_xl.jpg&w=245

Except the stripes truncated on reebok jerseys as well, the reason they did this was because the 49ers wanted straight level stripes, why they couldn't move them up I don't know. Reebok retail jerseys did have the right stripes and I don't know why they change the stripes on Nike retail versions.

Archived