NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

The Dolphins graphic looks wrong and weird at the same time. Just color in both logos or don't color them in at all, is that simple. 

its a mess of usability, for sure.

Who won the game? I honestly have no idea.  Miami's logo is highlighted so they appear to have won the game.  But they are closer to the 14 score while the Cowboys are closer to the 41 score.  So maybe the Cowboys won...

Bad usability in place of aesthetics, always a struggle.  Usability should always beat prettiness. 

9 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Who won the game? I honestly have no idea.  Miami's logo is highlighted so they appear to have won the game.  But they are closer to the 14 score while the Cowboys are closer to the 41 score.  So maybe the Cowboys won...

Bad usability in place of aesthetics, always a struggle.  Usability should always beat prettiness. 

I totally agree with you. I believe it's a bad design choice on Miami's part. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

could also be more "usable" by having the winning team's score/logo listed first (at left) and losing team's score/logo listed last (at right).. even if you're talking about yourself/your team, you'd typically say "we lost 41-14".. not, "we lost 14-41"... i don't mind anything about the graphic, white opponent logo, colored dolphins logo, dolphins-colored scores, or anything else other than the order in which the scores are displayed... (although a background that offers a bit more contrast for the white opponent logo wouldn't hurt"

13 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

The Dolphins graphic looks wrong and weird at the same time. Just color in both logos or don't color them in at all, is that simple. 

Pretty sure one of our board members here designed that look this year for the Dolphins

I also posted this in the :"FL in LA" thread.  I'm not sure which thread is the best place for it.  In any event . . . 

I know someone mentioned this before, but I was watching "Hard Knocks" yesterday and the horns on the helmet looked awfully yellow in all of the game footage.  I'm sure the sunlight makes the gold like brighter, but it sure seems a bit coincidental (especially since the first picture below looks like it was taken after the sun went down).

hardknocksramsgreen.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

pharohpreseason2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

pharohcoopertd.jpg?w=1000&h=655

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

32 minutes ago, bowld said:

Pretty sure one of our board members here designed that look this year for the Dolphins

I do remember seeing that, I'm just upset that they chose that. If it was me in the position, I wouldn't do that, but I respect their decision. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

19 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

i'll see what i can do. its preseason for us too ;)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It looks like the Saints are wearing 1967 throwbacks this season because they are in Madden with Nike template and the 50 Seasons patch.

tzZ2NDm.jpg

Last time they were worn with the proper facemask was in 2002 which is pictured above.

Off subject but that's a great shot of the old AstroTurf. Brings back memories of playing on a football sized tennis court. Brutal.

44 minutes ago, Totems!! said:

Won't let me edit but meant football field sized tennis court. For those scoring at home. Football sized tennis court makes no sense.

14138367_1265280323484897_1503070359_n.j

18 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I also posted this in the :"FL in LA" thread.  I'm not sure which thread is the best place for it.  In any event . . . 

I know someone mentioned this before, but I was watching "Hard Knocks" yesterday and the horns on the helmet looked awfully yellow in all of the game footage.  I'm sure the sunlight makes the gold like brighter, but it sure seems a bit coincidental (especially since the first picture below looks like it was taken after the sun went down).

hardknocksramsgreen.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

pharohpreseason2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

pharohcoopertd.jpg?w=1000&h=655

Yea, I noticed this after the first game and I think it looks good.  While I like traditional gold, IMO, it doesn't work as well w/o shiny gold pants.  Personally, I'd like to see the Rams stay with navy highlighted by athletic gold (yellow).

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It looks like the Saints are wearing 1967 throwbacks this season because they are in Madden with Nike template and the 50 Seasons patch.

tzZ2NDm.jpg

Last time they were worn with the proper facemask was in 2002 which is pictured above.

hope thats true. this is one of my favorite uniforms ever. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Just now, Old School Fool said:

Here's a pic I took while playing...

DeMbpvb.jpg

That looks good, but then the pants have a sheen unlike most NFL britches these days.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

2 hours ago, Mitch B said:

That looks good, but then the pants have a sheen unlike most NFL britches these days.

Nike isn't incapable of making shiny pants, as evidenced by the cowboy silver/green pants. If a team really wants shiny pants Nike has to give it to them. Too bad most teams don't care though.

Archived