NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

1 hour ago, Chico said:

You'd rather them have three shades of mismatched baby :censored: green? The Jets used to have some nice looking jersey's until Nike took over. They looked so much better under Reebok.

i.jpg

santonio-holmes-2.jpg

100% correct! Nike really butchered a lot of jerseys when they took over. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Imagine, if you will, an alternate universe where the Tennessee Titans are an expansion team with a tastefully distributed red/white/navy color palette and the Houston Oilers continue on unchanged.

It happened at least once it looks like

image.png

image.png

image.png

22 hours ago, Chico said:

I'd love for them to just go back to this except add two white helmet stripes down the middle. Simple and effective.

Clifton-750x400.png

0ap2000000169512_gallery_600.jpg

Hell yes!!! Loved that set! I wish they could bring back that logo too!

I know we're a year off, but I'm excited to see if and what throwback uniform the Redskins will wear for their 85th season. Hopefully it's the 1959-64 uniforms:

1962_Washington.png

Although the uniform saw little success during those years (19-56-5 overall record), it would still be a great looking uniform to bring back for a few games a season. Obviously they'd have to lighten up the burgundy to match the current uniforms, but it would be worth it.

16 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm not really a fan of teams using scripts as their logos.

The Jets' current logo isn't much more than a script.  Not from a distance, anyway.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, McCarthy said:

Watched the Jaguars play last night and season four of the two tone helmets is upon us. Hard to believe it's been that long, but it hasn't "grown on me" nor have I gotten used to it. It's still the worst helmet in the history of the NFL. 

Agreed, the blended paint idea is creative, but the execution is terrible.  The hard transition is the worst part.

If it was more of a blend, it might work better.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Jets' current logo isn't much more than a script.  Not from a distance, anyway.

I give the Jets a bit of a pass on that regard, mainly because it has more elements than just a script. That said, their current logo does look a little clunky with all the elements inside of the oval and IMO, it's still one of the bottom-tier logos in the league.

19 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I give the Jets a bit of a pass on that regard, mainly because it has more elements than just a script. That said, their current logo does look a little clunky with all the elements inside of the oval and IMO, it's still one of the bottom-tier logos in the league.

If it wasn't matte to gloss that would probably also help, I'd even say it might actually look good if the whole helmet was gloss because the two colors would be able to blend better.

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I know we're a year off, but I'm excited to see if and what throwback uniform the Redskins will wear for their 85th season. Hopefully it's the 1959-64 uniforms:

1962_Washington.png

Although the uniform saw little success during those years (19-56-5 overall record), it would still be a great looking uniform to bring back for a few games a season. Obviously they'd have to lighten up the burgundy to match the current uniforms, but it would be worth it.

Maybe they could do a full out fauxback in the style of the 59-64 unis, but with the modern colors?  This way they could work around the one helmet rule.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

36 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

Maybe they could do a full out fauxback in the style of the 59-64 unis, but with the modern colors?  This way they could work around the one helmet rule.

Do facemasks count towards the one helmet rule or can they be swapped out? If they can't swap out the gold facemask for a gray one, the helmet will look a little weird.

25 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Do facemasks count towards the one helmet rule or can they be swapped out? If they can't swap out the gold facemask for a gray one, the helmet will look a little weird.

Facemasks can be swapped as part of the single helmet rule.

So not a 2016 change, but leading up to the Falcons moving to their new stadium, Rich McKay doesn't see them changing uniforms or logos. I mean come on, how in the hell do they think these jerseys are so good to keep them around this long... Oh but sure, let's take the superior throwbacks and use them twice a season... What a joke.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/21228/falcons-president-wants-to-see-throwback-uniforms-at-new-stadium-in-2017

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Do we have any reason to believe they will?   85 is an odd anniversary to commemorate.

They have a history of late of celebrating anniversaries in 5 year increments (70, 75, 80), though 85 may be the most odd so far.

6 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

They have a history of late of celebrating anniversaries in 5 year increments (70, 75, 80), though 85 may be the most odd so far.

I feel like once they it that 70th Anniversary they were like "oh crap, we're getting pretty old how do we celebrate?"

But seriously, I think they will do an 85th Anniversary. Probably to add 5 more "Greatest Redskins of All Time"

12 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

That reads to me more like they have a history of celebrating even decades.  75 is the no-brainer.

During one of the Bengals preseason games Mike Brown said there'd be some things they'd like to do next year for their 50th season. Knowing the cheap SOB that could mean something as simple as a logo patch. Personally I'm hoping for throwbacks to the 81/88 Super Bowl uniforms*. 

*That ignores the inaugural uniforms as throwbacks, but as previously stated if they wore those the team would be violating the one helmet rule in that case. Their current helmets are no longer decaled, they're painted, so a change to an all orange helmet would technically be a new helmet color and would require every player to wear a new shell, which would not comply with the one helmet rule. But the uniforms from the 80's are fair game so if they do any throwback it should be to those. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Do we have any reason to believe they will?   85 is an odd anniversary to commemorate.

The Bears commemorate 85 every single day

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived