NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All white, black stripes*, orange helmet plopped on top. That's gonna look greaaaaaattttttt. 

*I suppose there's a chance the stripes are different than just a white and black version of the regular uniform? I mean, the Cowboys and Jets kind of went off script with their CR uniforms last year. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Possible popular opinion:

Tonight's uniform match-up looks much better than the Super Bowl did

Seconded. I'm surprised the Broncos chose orange for this rematch, given how superstitious they were for the Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

It's a home game,  of course they wore orange. Nobody's THAT superstitious.  At least not in Denver

I agree that orange was an obvious choice, I just wouldn't have been surprised if they pulled out white since they were clearly being superstitious about it in February. 

The superstition for not wearing orange in the Super Bowl stemmed from getting destroyed every other time they've ever worn orange in a Super Bowl. It didn't apply to home games seeing as how they'd just beaten New England at home in orange jerseys two weeks prior. 

But I liked it because I think the Panthers black jersey look is top 10 in the NFL and I find the Broncos' orange tops a bit garish. That's why I wish the league had consulted me on the field design. If they'd gone with an orange and light blue endzone that would've brought more color. But I liked that last night's rematch happened in different uniforms so from the footage watched later we'll know exactly which game was which. I hate it when there's a rematch between divisional rivals and they both wear the same thing in both games. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Bills back in all red for the home opener

I suppose this means the Jets are definitely in white, unless the nfl is saying they dont care about color blind people... Basically debunking that other color rush article.

On 9/8/2016 at 11:32 PM, fouhy12 said:

I think tonight's matchup looks really good. However, I'm glad both teams wore their darker looks for the Super Bowl. The gold patch would've clashed with the orange and powder blue pretty badly, but it looked good against black and navy blue.

You know Denver wore all white, right?

Archived