NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

I don't think the silver pants would look right with the white jersey, regardless of helmet color (unless the helmet were silver -- helmet and pants need to match when wearing white jersey).

The Raiders would agree.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the silver pants would look right with the white jersey, regardless of helmet color (unless the helmet were silver -- helmet and pants need to match when wearing white jersey).

The Raiders would agree.

I think the 80's - early 90's Eagles looked great with silver pants, white jersey and kelly green helmet.

eagles-cunningham-football-4521452jpg-fe

Silver pants only look bad with white jerseys when the team uses too light of a silver. At least from that picture of Cunningham, that silver is distinctive from white. From those pictures of the Panthers in silver pants and the commercial that had the Patriots wearing white pants on the road, we saw that those silvers were far too light and looked white from many angles.

The Raiders look incredible on the road, but they could stand do darken the silver ever so slightly.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Silver pants only look bad with white jerseys when the team uses too light of a silver. At least from that picture of Cunningham, that silver is distinctive from white. From those pictures of the Panthers in silver pants and the commercial that had the Patriots wearing white pants on the road, we saw that those silvers were far too light and looked white from many angles.

The Raiders look incredible on the road, but they could stand do darken the silver ever so slightly.

In college, Georgia suffers from "silver" pants that are too light as well. Once they return to real silver britches, they'll look phenomenal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Don't know why everyone hate the Cardinals look so much

You been around here long? haha

Anything that doesn't look like it could have been worn in the Nixon administration, isn't liked by many here.

The Cardinals home uniform is solid. Clean and uncluttered. Black shoes really make it work too. If anything, they should have black facemasks instead of the out-of-place "should have dumped them when we s-canned our former old uniforms" grey masks. But the home look is strong.

Never been a big fan of the white uniforms though. Too much cardinal for my tastes and too busy. They could do something to improve them.

Will the Bengals ever go back to the tiger head as a primary? The primary B (for bengals are you kidding me??) Is ridiculous.

they need a fresh start, after saturday night catastrophe and what represented during the marvin lewis era they need a makeover everything needs to be changed except the helmet

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The Falcons should have never gone with a black logo on a black helmet in the first place. It was wrong when coach Jerry Glanville did it and it's wrong today. The current logo is superior to the old one, just put it on a red helmet.

21235654newlogo.jpg

5150083250_093c1e8753.jpg

stripes on the helmet would make it look better

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Any chance the Browns change those horrible pants? Remove the "BROWNS" and extend the stripe all the way down. Who would like to see an Orange Bucs jersey?

What are the rules to modify a uniform but not totally change? Could the Bucs change their number font?

Nobody knows the exact rules, but yes, the Browns almost certainly could change their pants stripes if so desired. The NFL doesn't sell replica pants, so there would be no financial loss for manufacturers or vendors in that change.

As for the Bucs, they could add an orange jersey because they don't currently have an alternate. But as for changing the font, that probably can't happen unless the current one is determined to be illegible from the stands or TV. Yes, a quick change happened with the Jaguars' font and then the Rams' font a few years later, but that was fifteen years ago. The NFL likely tightened up its rules since then.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Falcons should have never gone with a black logo on a black helmet in the first place. It was wrong when coach Jerry Glanville did it and it's wrong today. The current logo is superior to the old one, just put it on a red helmet.

21235654newlogo.jpg

5150083250_093c1e8753.jpg

stripes on the helmet would make it look better

Found the best look for the Falcons and it's not their throwback look:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106366-old-college-football-uniforms-that-need-to-come-back/?p=2550458

I was doing a image search on NFL throwbacks and came across a Patriots concept that looks really sharp (IMHO). It comes from Reddit, what do you guys think?

GmIAxDv.jpg

I think it looks good...especially the white helmet.

I was doing a image search on NFL throwbacks and came across a Patriots concept that looks really sharp (IMHO). It comes from Reddit, what do you guys think?

GmIAxDv.jpg

I like the idea of removing gray from the Patriots' palette and removing the piping, but I don't like the truncated stripes on the shoulders of the Colts or the Jets (a New England divisional rival, no less), and I don't like them here.

I think that is the perfect way to get rid of the ugly grey shoulder stripe and clean up the piping. Something like this, with a red alt, updated white, grey/silver, and maybe blue pants. Dont see them going away from the silver helm and red facemask, but it would still work well.

GmIAxDv.jpg

Much like the Titans, I don't think the shape and location of the Patriots' logo makes it work with helmet stripes.

It's where I sit.

Archived