NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

No matter what the Rams do uniform-wise upon their return to Los Angeles where they belong and should've never moved in the first place, I surely hope that they change the ram horn on the helmet back to the way it used to be where at the very front of the helmet it was very angular compared to what they have done to it over time. It was V-shaped in the front.

I really liked the navy and white that they wore from '65-'72, but in the Southern California sunshine there's nothing like the royal blue with the bright yellow so I go with that with the yellow jersey as the alternate, but no yellow pants like they did on that Thursday night game, those yellow jerseys would look really good with white pants. Also once and for all get rid of that toilet seat collar like most of the other teams did after the first season of Nike switch.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/quarterback-roman-gabriel-of-the-los-angeles-rams-turns-to-hand-the-picture-id107380327

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what the Rams do uniform-wise upon their return to Los Angeles where they belong and should've never moved in the first place, I surely hope that they change the ram horn on the helmet back to the way it used to be where at the very front of the helmet it was very angular compared to what they have done to it over time. It was V-shaped in the front.

I'd like to see a return to these horns.

2-elroy-crazylegs-hirsch-wr-rb_pg_600.jp

I was doing a image search on NFL throwbacks and came across a Patriots concept that looks really sharp (IMHO). It comes from Reddit, what do you guys think?

GmIAxDv.jpg

That looks pretty sharp. Nice one.

That is a great look. They should change to that asap. A great mix of the old and new.
A rare example of combining two eras and it looking good, but I am a sucker for UCLA-like shoulder stripes.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I was doing a image search on NFL throwbacks and came across a Patriots concept that looks really sharp (IMHO). It comes from Reddit, what do you guys think?

GmIAxDv.jpg

That is a great look. They should change to that asap. A great mix of the old and new.
A rare example of combining two eras and it looking good, but I am a sucker for UCLA-like shoulder stripes.

If they did this, then the AFC east would be nothing but white helmets

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

GmIAxDv.jpg

That would be kind of neat, actually. An unintentional unifying factor of all the division rivals.

GmIAxDv.jpg

That would be kind of neat, actually. An unintentional unifying factor of all the division rivals.

Agreed. Who cares if every team in the division has the same colored helmet? If they look good doing so then by all means, make it happen.

GmIAxDv.jpg

It has happened before...

il_570xN.624483975_sw8i.jpg

GmIAxDv.jpg

Ah, the days when Arizona was in the NFC East and Atlanta was in the NFC West. Those were the days.

Patriots need an upgrade, but they are the rare case where I feel like they are better off waiting until Brady retires and then doing it. Have him play the whole era in one look. Would be too weird to see him wearing something else for a year or two.

GmIAxDv.jpg

Ah, the days when Arizona was in the NFC East and Atlanta was in the NFC West. Those were the days.

technically that was 1975, and the Cardinals were still in St. Louis (and still out of place in the "East" regardless)

As for the Pat's mock-up, I like it but they took similar to the Bills. Give me a red jersey and I'm with it.

GmIAxDv.jpg

technically that was 1975, and the Cardinals were still in St. Louis (and still out of place in the "East" regardless)

As for the Pat's mock-up, I like it but they took similar to the Bills. Give me a red jersey and I'm with it.

Nope - not 1975. That particular combination of helmets never happened, as the Giants didn't wear that helmet til 1976 when the Buccaneers were in the AFC West and the Seahawks in the NFC West. They wore their "Disco" logo in 1975.

It's where I sit.

GmIAxDv.jpg

Nope - not 1975. That particular combination of helmets never happened, as the Giants didn't wear that helmet til 1976 when the Buccaneers were in the AFC West and the Seahawks in the NFC West. They wore their "Disco" logo in 1975.

What year is this board from? It doesn't show the Bucs or Seahawks who came in 1976, yet the Giants had that helmet the same season.

It's just a random image I found online. I was thinking the same thing about the Giants having their 1976 logo but no Bucs or Seahawks. I'm not sure which part is wrong. I'm sure some people get these boards and magnets are missing so they buy replacements without being sure if they've got the correct era.

Oh, and bluefalcon, these things go for big dollars on ebay if they're in decent shape. I've always wanted one, but they're always either in bad shape or too expensive. I've got about every other worthwhile NFL collectible from the 70s, but this and the Gatorade top display still elude me.

Archived