Uniform / Logo Predictions For NFL's 100th Season in 2019

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a modern inspiration (including current Texans, Panthers, Ravens) colors of the old school teams.

27 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

NO! The Ravens are considered an expansion team by the NFL, not a continuation of the Browns. 

Maybe the NFL reaches back through the previous seasons and assigns them a team to represent, like the Canton Bulldogs or Pottsville Maroons. In reality, they'd probably only wear their regular uniforms.  It's what happens in baseball and basketball sometimes. 

On 1/7/2016 at 4:44 PM, ForwardProgress said:

Yes, it isn't guaranteed that a team would be able to show its home uniform for that decade one week and its road uniform for that decade the other week, but some teams have worn two or more completely different style uniform sets within the same decade so this would give teams the opportunity to show off at least two of them. I mean, how often are the, say, 1960 uniforms of one team exactly the same as their 1969 uniforms? Do this with any decade and any team and chances are you'll find some big differences between the two uniform sets. Some teams would have to go color jersey one week and white jersey the next week because their uni's were the same for the entire decade but other teams that made a lot of changes would get to choose two different years from the same decade with two distinct uniform sets.

For example, the Denver Broncos could wear their 1960 yellow and brown throwbacks with the vertically striped socks in Week 9, and then wear their orange helmet with the crazy cartoon white horse throwbacks in Week 10. A home jersey from one year one week and an away jersey from the same year the next week is just the tip of the iceberg.

How about this idea? Go back to how you had it where each week represented a different decade but only go up to the 1990's. That would take you to week 8. Then they start all over again and the teams that were at home in the first 8 weeks would be on the road the second 8 weeks. Example being if a team was at home for week 1 (1920's) then they would be on the road for week 9 (1920's again) and so on and so on until week 16. That way each team can wear a home and away version of the uniforms from each decade. Then make week 17 be a combined 2000's/2010's since most teams haven't changed their uniforms much in that time period. The teams that have changed them can decide which decade they will wear for week 17.

Phillies102708_1.pngEagles_15.jpg

On 8/15/2016 at 4:33 PM, Ashes of Astroworld said:

I guess it just be Battle Red for the Texans. One surreal idea I had was the Texans vs. Titans with the latter in their... predecessor's jerseys.

Maybe the Texans can wear the original white helmet that was shown at the press conference with the Battle Red? Just a thought.

Phillies102708_1.pngEagles_15.jpg

19 hours ago, rob4671 said:

Maybe the Texans can wear the original white helmet that was shown at the press conference with the Battle Red? Just a thought.

Or maybe the Adams family needs to relinquish the Oilers name to Houston someday and treat the Titans like an expansion. That will never happen probably.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this kinda from the dead since I didn't want to restart the topic.

These are a few of the jerseys I'd like to see for the NFL's 100th anniversary. This is assuming throwback helmets will be allowed. I picked some "winning" jerseys along with iconic as well. I'd love to know what others would like to see in 2019.

59f21148c3054_AFC-1.thumb.png.8691f26e1cc45a95ff5b988ee8929528.png59f21151eddb9_AFC-2.thumb.png.2e9c4471858309c65031e3556ad9bcda.png59f21160defbd_AFC-3.thumb.png.1cf5465638fa05c36d2be9f49779bbf3.png59f2116b598f4_AFC-4.thumb.png.bb5eb8fa85f6ee64521353887ff4a265.png59f21173ebe2c_NFC-1.thumb.png.7a20bf78078dd961649e02706df0ffe0.png59f2118100553_NFC-2.thumb.png.bff0c3c2e5563f58fc9b00334082ed52.png59f21189f125a_NFC-3.thumb.png.9e33c2cbd56866502fb1436d5899189c.png59f211930e79d_NFC-4.thumb.png.fc48528c542ae4965d4da8868f133925.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

(Sorry about the Inage Size!)

Couldn't the Panthers wear the Prototype Uniforms from before the Team started? 

car+p.jpg2vHbjGP.jpg

And the Houston Texans can wear the White Proto Helmets on their Current Uniforms.bobmcnair990.jpg

da0Lbhs.png

• 1 year later...

Back in 1994 the 49ers and Giants wore their throwbacks so many times. Teams are surely going to protect their brands. So the NFL may do something about it.

I'd love for the Chargers to do the older powder blues and the powder whites again. But it might be too much to what they already have now.

22 hours ago, gothedistance said:

A couple of games I'm predicting.

Jaguars and Panthers - both came into the league together in 1995

Buccaneers and Seahawks - both came into the league together in 1976

Well, there’s no need to predict, both games are happening next year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 10:06 PM, AgentColon2 said:

I predict teams will wear a patch. No special throwbacks.

And that's a shame. It won't be like the NFL 75th Anniversary and the AFL 50th Anniversary which were really cool.

I hated it when the NHL had their 100th Anniversary because they didn't have a throwback week. It was just a patch on the arm. Boring.

XM4KeeA.png

On 1/27/2019 at 9:06 PM, AgentColon2 said:

I predict teams will wear a patch. No special throwbacks.

Jets may depending on which helmet shell they use. Browns, Bengals, Steelers and Ravens might end up playing throwback games vs each other. I'd expect the Redskins to have the feather stripe or spear logos, Giants could use their Color Rush with blue socks and Phila would probably have the silver wings on their regular helmets which would suck. 49ers could do the throwback to 1994 just by adding red socks to their Color Rush as well. Raiders would just swap out logos. Tennessee won't be able to throwback anymore to the Oilers which will make Texans fans happy. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Those Viking horns were huge and awesome.

The slight variance in number font is interesting. I like the font used for 11 (which I know has been used by other teams too) just because it stands out a little more.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The Vikings should definitely get 1969 throwbacks for the 50th anniversary of their first NFL championship. I dont even care if they use their regular helmets, this look would be great.

Sad to it was not only their "first", but you could just say "only", as the next time the Vikings won the conference, it was no longer the NFL, but just the NFC.  The '69 NFL championship was the last one before the final merger.

However, you are correct about that uniform... it is glorious. 

1969-Division-Playoff-Game-Minnesota-Vik

gary_larsen_1969_12_27.jpg

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sad to it was not only their "first", but you could just say "only", as the next time the Vikings won the conference, it was no longer the NFL, but just the NFC.  The '69 NFL championship was the last one before the final merger.

Yeah I'm aware, I just wrote it poorly.

Archived