Space Shuttle Concepts

WissX

The Space Shuttle Program Missions in Baseball Jerseys

You may ask why Baseball? Why the Space Shuttle Program?

I love both. I grew up wondering about the stars and rockets.

135 Missions. 5 pre-launch Aborts. 1 post-launch abort. 2 Tragedy's

5 Orbiters

What would a concept look like?

Space shuttle mission badge, American Flag, Something that described the mission.

Each mission was special. 300ish MILLION dollars.

2-7 people.

Okay here is how concepts are going to go,

I do a few a day or none depending how it is going.

DOD badge if there was DOD classified cargo.

Something special that represented the mission.

STS stands for Space Transport System.

Mission 10-25 were numbered after the fiscal year.

After challenger it went back to somewhat-normal.

I will hyperlink each mission.

Also STS-1 will be at the bottom

STS List

STS-1

STS-2

STS-3

STS-4

STS-5

STS-6

STS-7

STS-8

STS-9

STS-41-B

STS-41-C

STS-41-D

STS-41-G

STS-51-A

STS-51-C

STS-51-D

STS-51-B

STS-51-G

STS-51-F

STS-51-I

STS-51-J

STS-61-A

STS-61-B

STS-61-C

STS-51-L (Challenger Disaster)

STS-26

STS-27

STS-29

STS-30

STS-28

STS-34

STS-33

STS-32

STS-36

STS-31

STS-41

STS-38

STS-35

STS-37

STS-39

STS-40

STS-43

STS-48

STS-44

STS-42

STS-45

STS-49

STS-50

STS-46

STS-47

STS-52

STS-53

STS-54

STS-56

STS-55

STS-57

STS-51

STS-58

STS-61

STS-60

STS-62

STS-59

STS-65

STS-64

STS-68

STS-66

STS-63

STS-67

STS-71

STS-70

STS-69

STS-73

STS-74

STS-72

STS-75

STS-76

STS-77

STS-78

STS-79

STS-80

STS-81

STS-82

STS-83

STS-84

STS-94

STS-85

STS-86

STS-87

STS-89

STS-90

STS-91

STS-95

STS-88

STS-96

STS-93

STS-103

STS-99

STS-101

STS-106

STS-92

STS-97

STS-98

STS-102

STS-100

STS-104

STS-105

STS-108

STS-109

STS-110

STS-111

STS-112

STS-113

STS-107 (Loss of Columbia and SPACEHAB)

STS-114

STS-121

STS-115

STS-116

STS-117

STS-118

STS-120

STS-122

STS-123

STS-124

STS-126

STS-119

STS-125

STS-127

STS-128

STS-129

STS-130

STS-131

STS-132

STS-133

STS-134

STS-135

Now STS-1

Also I plan on getting better after all I am doing 134 more concepts!

Also there is no numbers at the moment I will find a font fitting for them.

6T9ooYg.png

ENJOY! I would like C&C on the idea and the concept!

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

Guest darkpiranha

Interesting! I wasn't really aware that each mission had its own patch. That's cool. Great opportunity you have here to educate us.

For example, each one could have the name of the mission commander or someone else special (if the same commander did more than one mission) on the back.

Also, if you want to get really fancy, each combo could have an image of that shuttle in the background, faded out significantly. Other relevant factoids could be subtly placed along the edges, such as the date and maybe the basic purpose of that mission.

Also, the missions span from 1981 (1977 if you count the test flights) all the way to 2011. Uniform aesthetics changed dramatically over that time span, and I think it would be worth it for you to make each design look kind of like it would look in that era. It would be fun to see the evolution over time.

Neat idea. Go for it!

STS 2 One of the early flights. More testing has begun.

I misread Dark's post so I did not fade out the space shuttles but I made them everywhere. That explains that.

g07Uu1L.png

ENJOY!!

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

All you are doing is putting photos of the Shuttle on uniforms. That's kinda lazy and wouldn't look good in real life. Why don't you use cool parts of the emblem and make the uniforms look like the came from the time period.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

All you are doing is putting photos of the Shuttle on uniforms. That's kinda lazy and wouldn't look good in real life. Why don't you use cool parts of the emblem and make the uniforms look like the came from the time period.

Yeah I know STS 3+ will be better

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

Here's an idea: Looking at the STS-3 logo, there is a sunshine logo I the background. That would be a interesting sleeve design.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Here's an idea: Looking at the STS-3 logo, there is a sunshine logo I the background. That would be a interesting sleeve design.

Agreed

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png

Guest darkpiranha

Yeah. Sorry, but this went the opposite of what everyone is suggesting. While putting photos or starfield backgrounds inside of baseball uniforms is a fun idea, it's not going to get a lot of positive comments on these boards. Like I said above, you have a really great opportunity to do something cool and creative (and informative), but you're taking the fastest, easiest way out and just slapping something together. I have a feeling that you're new to graphic design and using the various graphics programs, so doing something more in-depth might seem very daunting. But at the same time, I think your overall idea is worth the effort it would take for you to really learn how to use these programs, learn more about uniform design aesthetics over the years, and really give this concept the attention it deserves. This concept board is a great place to step out and try something new, and you'll get great feedback and advice so long as you're sincerely trying to improve. Ask questions! Be transparent in what you know how to do and don't know.

Good luck!

Interesting idea. I suggest you use the mission number as the jersey number, and the mission commander as the player name. The more it looks like a professional baseball jersey the better. I agree using the patch as an inspiration for the design and color scheme is a great idea.

Yeah. Sorry, but this went the opposite of what everyone is suggesting. While putting photos or starfield backgrounds inside of baseball uniforms is a fun idea, it's not going to get a lot of positive comments on these boards. Like I said above, you have a really great opportunity to do something cool and creative (and informative), but you're taking the fastest, easiest way out and just slapping something together. I have a feeling that you're new to graphic design and using the various graphics programs, so doing something more in-depth might seem very daunting. But at the same time, I think your overall idea is worth the effort it would take for you to really learn how to use these programs, learn more about uniform design aesthetics over the years, and really give this concept the attention it deserves. This concept board is a great place to step out and try something new, and you'll get great feedback and advice so long as you're sincerely trying to improve. Ask questions! Be transparent in what you know how to do and don't know.

Good luck!

There is always hope on the concept boards with great critiques when you comment. Everyone follow the words of DarkPiranha

Archived