N/A

Jj...

I don't think black should be constrained to the gloves, pants and collar. If black is to be used it should at least outline the logo the way it currently does and lend some presence to the striping and numbers. Otherwise I would eliminate it entirely. Besides that one gripe, this is a solid improvement.

I thought it looked amazing at first, but then everyone chimed in about the black, and I realized that they're right.

Get rid of the black in the collar if you can't incorporate black anywhere else.

But I do think they're wrong on changing the pants and gloves, simply change the red helmet to black and that'll work for the home. Make the numbers black on the road jersey, and you have essentially the same amount of black in the jerseys as Colorado does, and they have black pants.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Calgary Flames V2

dmafVbD.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm convinced that this is a solution or not, but from a traditional standpoint I see why you guys made the suggestions! I do appreciate the feedback, so thank you. For the record I still like this variant of my concept. I will have my next team up shortly.

just wanted to let you guys know that these concepts are going to be a little bit progressive...

using alternate colours on only gloves and pants is going to be something I'm testing out. bare w me :upside:

just wanted to let you guys know that these concepts are going to be a little bit progressive...

using alternate colours on only gloves and pants is going to be something I'm testing out. bare w me :upside:

It's usually a consistency thing. If your pants don't match the jersey, then they should probably match the helmet, that's a pretty common practice. Canadiens, Rangers, Stars, Sharks, Capitals all do this, but when Arizona added more black to the jersey, they went with red helmets and it also works.

If there's some sort of precedent in NHL history, I think it's worth trying. If it's completely unprecedented, ask yourself why nobody has tried it. Maybe it'll be the next Capitals White Pants or Cooperalls, maybe it'll be something amazing. That's my two cents.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I prefer the second update for the flames. I don't think that the black should be saved for the pants and gloves. The second update was perfect with the amount of black.

It's usually a consistency thing. If your pants don't match the jersey, then they should probably match the helmet, that's a pretty common practice. Canadiens, Rangers, Stars, Sharks, Capitals all do this, but when Arizona added more black to the jersey, they went with red helmets and it also works.

If there's some sort of precedent in NHL history, I think it's worth trying. If it's completely unprecedented, ask yourself why nobody has tried it. Maybe it'll be the next Capitals White Pants or Cooperalls, maybe it'll be something amazing. That's my two cents.

Pretty much every team matches the helmet color, except for the Blue Jackets, Coyotes, and Rangers... (And the Caps alt, and Nashville's golden Saturday thing)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived