OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kevin W. said:

If they go to powder blue, that would be even more of an insult to San Diego since they ignored the fans' desire to go to it full-time in San Diego yet they'll do it when they skip town.

 

:censored: you, Spanos.

Totally agree. I think if anything they should go back to the original LA Chargers royal/yellow but much of that I would assume depends on what the Rams are doing with their re-brand. I wonder how closely, if at all, the two are communicating since they will not only be in the same city but in the same stadium. Both royal/yellow and all looks like home for both teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the way LA football should look like come 2020. I don't expect much -- if any -- change from the Chargers, but I expect to see the Rams go with something similar from their last look before moving to St. Louis with some modern twist.

 

chargers_cowboys_football_24950385.jpg?wj_everett_061011_top.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kimball said:

That's the way LA football should look like come 2020. I don't expect much -- if any -- change from the Chargers, but I expect to see the Rams go with something similar from their last look before moving to St. Louis with some modern twist.

 

chargers_cowboys_football_24950385.jpg?wj_everett_061011_top.jpg

 

Rams should go with a yellow-dominant yellow/royal look for the following reasons:

 

1. It would be a "fresh" new start, while still paying homage to the history of the Rams.

 

2. It would contrast better with the Chargers when(not if, when) they change to a powder-blue dominant look(when the new stadium opens I'm assuming)

 

3. No other team in the NFL uses yellow as THE primary color(Steelers and Packers use it more as the secondary color)

 

4. 

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

 

6012867307_0d7b1ce63b_b.jpg

 

Screen+Shot+2016-01-13+at+12.11.23+PM.pn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came across these on google images.  I'm definitely here for this, minus the toilet seat collar.  LA already has a history of teams wearing gold home unis, including the Rams themselves in the 1950s.  

 

24658464125_d271b378d0_o.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, colortv said:

Rams should go with a yellow-dominant yellow/royal look for the following reasons:

 

...

 

2. It would contrast better with the Chargers when(not if, when) they change to a powder-blue dominant look(when the new stadium opens I'm assuming)

 

I want the Rams in gold as much as anyone else.  But this is a bad reason. 

 

The Chargers are utterly irrelevant in LA. Their home games are actually additional home games for the other teams.  The Rams have no reason to let the Chargers influence them in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rams’ color rush uniform is the best look in franchise history, so I’m all for yellow being the primary color. That said, the yellow jersey has to be worn with blue or yellow pants if there is no white on the jersey and/or helmet. Make an all-white road set with blue numbers and yellow outlines that can be worn with blue or yellow pants and a blue alternate and you’re good to go. Pretty much Michigan’s overall look, but with the Rams’ horns instead of the Wolverines’ wings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Rams’ color rush uniform is the best look in franchise history, so I’m all for yellow being the primary color. That said, the yellow jersey has to be worn with blue or yellow pants if there is no white on the jersey and/or helmet. Make an all-white road set with blue numbers and yellow outlines that can be worn with blue or yellow pants and a blue alternate and you’re good to go. Pretty much Michigan’s overall look, but with the Rams’ horns instead of the Wolverines’ wings. 

 

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  Pairing them with blue pants creates an unbalanced look (as does any uniform where a non-white jersey is a lighter color than the pants, in my opinion).  Pairing them with yellow pants is too much yellow. And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. The blue pants are probably the best option out of those three, but this looks more like an alternate look than something that can be a team's core identity:

washington-st-cal-2017-13.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, colortv said:

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

 

6012867307_0d7b1ce63b_b.jpg

 

Screen+Shot+2016-01-13+at+12.11.23+PM.pn

 

 

4 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

 

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  

 

^^^^ Question answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Question answered.

 

We’re trying to avoid that because, despite their history of wearing that, it doesn’t look right. There are numerous college teams (Minnesota’s old set immediately comes to mind) where white pants looked out of place with a jersey and helmet that has just two colors:

 

7 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

That said, the yellow jersey has to be worn with blue or yellow pants if there is no white on the jersey and/or helmet.

 

13 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. 

 

Anyway, I think all-yellow is a good look. Just wear blue socks and the color rush set and it wouldn’t be “too much yellow.” And the blue-yellow-blue is fine, too, though I agree it does feel more like an alternate (and disagree with the balance issues).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

We’re trying to avoid that because, despite their history of wearing that, it doesn’t look right. There are numerous college teams (Minnesota’s old set immediately comes to mind) where white pants looked out of place with a jersey and helmet that has just two colors:

 

 

 

Anyway, I think all-yellow is a good look. Just wear blue socks and the color rush set and it wouldn’t be “too much yellow.” And the blue-yellow-blue is fine, too, though I agree it does feel more like an alternate (and disagree with the balance issues).

 

I think all yellow looks terrible, even with blue socks.  If you think it is a good look, that is where we part ways.

 

In my opinion, the Rams' own history shows us that white pants can work with a blue helmet and yellow/gold jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

We’re trying to avoid that because, despite their history of wearing that, it doesn’t look right. There are numerous college teams (Minnesota’s old set immediately comes to mind) where white pants looked out of place with a jersey and helmet that has just two colors:

 

And yet it looked great on the Rams.  Maybe it's their helmet, but in any case it does look great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

We’re trying to avoid that because, despite their history of wearing that, it doesn’t look right. There are numerous college teams (Minnesota’s old set immediately comes to mind) where white pants looked out of place with a jersey and helmet that has just two colors:

 

 

 

Anyway, I think all-yellow is a good look. Just wear blue socks and the color rush set and it wouldn’t be “too much yellow.” And the blue-yellow-blue is fine, too, though I agree it does feel more like an alternate (and disagree with the balance issues).

Why are we trying to avoid that? It looks great.. There are no issues with it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NicDB said:

Came across these on google images.  I'm definitely here for this, minus the toilet seat collar.  LA already has a history of teams wearing gold home unis, including the Rams themselves in the 1950s.  

 

24658464125_d271b378d0_o.png

 

I think this could be nice. I'd modernize it by:

 

1. Single blue stripe on the pants to match the single stroke blue horn on sleeve

2. All yellow socks

3. Yellow cleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NicDB said:

Came across these on google images.  I'm definitely here for this, minus the toilet seat collar.  LA already has a history of teams wearing gold home unis, including the Rams themselves in the 1950s.  

 

24658464125_d271b378d0_o.png

 

Yep. In my mind the collar is the only thing that would NEED to be changed. I'd probably go solid blue for the socks, but there's nothing bad about the striped ones shown here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I think this could be nice. I'd modernize it by:

 

1. Single blue stripe on the pants to match the single stroke blue horn on sleeve

2. All yellow socks

3. Yellow cleats

I like the Braisher pant stripes myself. I feel like if Nike saw your line of thinking regarding the stripes, they'd want to take it a step further and taper the pant  stripe like a horn...and I'd rather they not do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White pants with the gold jersey for the Rams is a MUST.  All gold looks like a rinky-dink college program (not to name names) and gold over blue looks like a TV movie version of a High school team.  I personally have no issue with the no-white jersey but if having some white on the gold jersey is a must, they did that too, at one time...

 

5c978a1cc22c67100506cadc7e559016.jpg

 

51u2EWezE6L._SY445_.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

This is the Chargers identity thread right???  Can we keep on topic?

 

Probably should merge the two threads... we always talk about them in relation to each other anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

 

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  Pairing them with blue pants creates an unbalanced look (as does any uniform where a non-white jersey is a lighter color than the pants, in my opinion).  Pairing them with yellow pants is too much yellow. And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. The blue pants are probably the best option out of those three, but this looks more like an alternate look than something that can be a team's core identity:

washington-st-cal-2017-13.jpg


I still prefer the Rams in white pants with gold tops, but this isn't actually a bad look to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.