OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Honestly I’m pretty happy with all the chargers branding.

7 hours ago, colortv said:

New background to my knowledge.

Please be a sign of whats to come 

I feel like a hypocrite but I can't stand the Rams' current navy/white helmet with their navy/white/gold jerseys mismatch but I like their navy/yellow helmets with their royal blue/yellow jerseys mismatch. Navy and yellow jerseys look awful, too much like West Virginia. And royal blue helmets wouldn't seem right. 

There's an article I just saw with Rams COO Kevin Demoff, hinting at what the Rams new uniforms are going to be like. Here is the link below if anyone wants to read it. Seems like they want to do a modernization of the throwbacks. Here is the interesting quote. "We've told Nike the one thing that is sacrosanct is the horns," Demoff said. "The goal is a modern take on our historical jerseys."

https://247sports.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/Article/Los-Angeles-Rams-uniform-changes-2020-Kevin-Demoff-128581221/

On 2/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, duxrcool048 said:

"The goal is a modern take on our historical jerseys."

Digital alarm clock numbers and reflective tire-tread patterns....confirmed.

I really don't understand what's the issue with simply bringing back the away version of the blue and yellow and calling it a day. 

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I really don't understand what's the issue with simply bringing back the away version of the blue and yellow and calling it a day. 

Because franchises can't deny the urge to take two bites of the same apple. The logic here is that people here will always buy what's new. And if you're a brand with quality throwbacks, they'll also buy what's old. 

Reverting to a classic unchanged would be a refreshing approach, but my guess is these clubs look at that as new revenue left on the table. 

That. and Nike is no doubt chomping at the bit to put their "spin" on them.  All the better to sell more proprietary templates to colleges.

Or, you know, they feel they can improve on the originals, which I still hope that they can do.

Not if they’re keeping the horns on the shoulders,  That’s the one thing that doesn’t really work on the modern jerseys, but it’s also the one thing the team insists on maintaining.

Nike will probably give them a pointless custom number font, fixing a non-existent “problem”.

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Not if they’re keeping the horns on the shoulders,  That’s the one thing that doesn’t really work on the modern jerseys, but it’s also the one thing the team insists on maintaining.

Nike will probably give them a pointless custom number font, fixing a non-existent “problem”.

I'd love it if Nike could use all of that ingenuity wasted on those custom number fonts into finding a solution to those Rams horn shoulders. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, Gothamite said:

See, I was thinking they meant the horns on the helmet were sacred, as that's the one thing the team has had for something like 70 years. I really like the sleeve horns, but I would be fine if they got rid of them as long as the rest of the set was great. The actual template of the StL set would be fine for me with the right colors (and a block font).

In addition to the awful new Nike font, the other great thing they'll ruin will be the pants. It'll be some crap like yellow, white and blue pants to match the jersey. with a weird truncated stripe which curls around like a horn. There's no way these turn out anywhere close to as good as the throwbacks.

13 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

See, I was thinking they meant the horns on the helmet were sacred, as that's the one thing the team has had for something like 70 years. I really like the sleeve horns, but I would be fine if they got rid of them as long as the rest of the set was great. The actual template of the StL set would be fine for me with the right colors (and a block font).

In addition to the awful new Nike font, the other great thing they'll ruin will be the pants. It'll be some crap like yellow, white and blue pants to matching the jersey. with a weird truncated stripe which curls around like a horn. There's no way these turn out anywhere close to as good as the throwbacks.

I agree with you on the helmet. I think that’s what they were talking about as sacred.

The shoulder horns are a very creative element but they just don't make sense from a ram's perspective...there is simply no need to repeat the helmet horns on the shoulders.  

I'd be cool with them simply making the St. Louis set royal blue/yellow.  Won't happen, of course.

40 minutes ago, guest23 said:

The shoulder horns are a very creative element but they just don't make sense from a ram's perspective...there is simply no need to repeat the helmet horns on the shoulders.  

That’s my objection. 

Horns on the head are a clever and literal depiction of a ram.  Horns on the shoulder... are not. 

52 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That’s my objection. 

Horns on the head are a clever and literal depiction of a ram.  Horns on the shoulder... are not. 

That's my point as well. To clarify I was referring to the element strictly from a garment construction perspective. They basically modified a usc style shoulder insert into a ram's horn which is pretty clever. Does it make design sense? Absolutely not.

11 minutes ago, guest23 said:

That's my point as well. To clarify I was referring to the element strictly from a garment construction perspective. They basically modified a usc style shoulder insert into a ram's horn which is pretty clever. Does it make design sense? Absolutely not.

I like the horn on the shoulder as it could be argued that it's like a herd of rams charging. And it makes it more unique than a simply stripe. That's why I was bummed to see the Seahawks abandon the hawk on the sleeve stripe motif. It was brilliant and theirs. 

D7JWrick-mirer-signed-glossy-11x14-photo

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

I'd be cool with them simply making the St. Louis set royal blue/yellow.  Won't happen, of course.

I'd let it eat cookies in bed.

C2E2AQn.png

2 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

I'd let it eat cookies in bed.

C2E2AQn.png

And add a yellow alternate jersey and pants.