Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

 

Tarps have to be in the cards for them given their attendance at Carson. That or they're going to have to learn to cater to the largest away crowds in NFL history. 

 

As for branding, there's been some suggestion they might abandon the Chargers brand completely once they move into the new venue since it's rightly associated with San Diego and not LA which has clearly hurt them at the box office with the lack of interest from Angelinos. And hasn't helped keep many fans from San Diego. There's little reason to maintain it at this point. 

The name isn't why no one in Los Angeles likes the Chargers. A name change won't help them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dont care said:

Nowhere has there been any talk about changing names. Only people that want it changed are a few San diegons that want there beloved chargers back. Spanos wants the name to stay, I don’t even think he wants to go away from navy to powder like people are saying either. 

 

If they maintain the name I could see them being that stupid to maintain the navy. That’s been tha hallmark of the Spanos. They make Mark Davis look like Stephen Hawking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

 

If they maintain the name I could see them being that stupid to maintain the navy. That’s been tha hallmark of the Spanos. They make Mark Davis look like Stephen Hawking...

Now come on, as much as I hate (:censored: you) Spanos, the only owner who gives that dip :censored: competition is Dan Snyder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Now come on, as much as I hate (:censored: you) Spanos, the only owner who gives that dip :censored: competition is Dan Snyder.

 

Nah, Spanos really is that dumb. I think he just gets a pass because he's quietly stupid. But he's no less inept than they are. In fact I'd say he's even worse because at least Davis had the business acumen to get his new stadium in Vegas, and Snyder...

 

Well ok Snyder is pretty hard to top. But Spanos shouldn't get a pass just because he's as quietly irrelevant as his franchise has become. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

As for branding, there's been some suggestion they might abandon the Chargers brand completely once they move into the new venue since it's rightly associated with San Diego and not LA which has clearly hurt them at the box office with the lack of interest from Angelinos. And hasn't helped keep many fans from San Diego. There's little reason to maintain it at this point. 

 

No, there hasn't been.

 

Reddit fever dreams don't count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2016 at 10:55 PM, Quillz said:

qiBZXvF.jpg

That'll be $100,000 please.

 

For $100,000 you could at least get the shade of yellow right! Ugh, designers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GFB said:

 

For $100,000 you could at least get the shade of yellow right! Ugh, designers!

It's the Nikefied Lakers all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like their Ram head logo and believe that originated in St. Louis so would be best to discard. Posted this back when they moved back but still think it would work. 

 

LARAMSLOGO2016.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but if the Rams keep the Ram head logo I sure hope they don't just recolor the current two-color version.

 

It appears that all of the two-color versions kept the horn's lower white shading, which disrupts the horn's taper.

 

w47KHlq.png

 

Filling that white shading in blue allows for a more natural taper.

 

OOiXvZl.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GFB said:

 

For $100,000 you could at least get the shade of yellow right! Ugh, designers!

Believe it or not that’s a logo I made back in the day with Microsoft Paint that got shared all over the place. I just picked a random shade of blue and gold and went with it. I know better now lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but if the Rams keep the Ram head logo I sure hope they don't just recolor the current two-color version.

 

It appears that all of the two-color versions kept the horn's lower white shading, which disrupts the horn's taper.

 

w47KHlq.png

 

Filling that white shading in blue allows for a more natural taper.

 

OOiXvZl.png

 

 

 

That's a good call.

 

And man, do I hate that blue keyline around the two-color version.  I know they wanted it to enclose the horn, but they should have created a better solution that wouldn't muddy up the rest of the logo in the process.

 

What's even worse is the white outline they put around the blue outline that they put around the white outline.

 

1341307.2_750x.png?v=1548781939

I mean, look at his face.  At the bridge of his nose, the logo appears to have five keylines.  That's just crazy.

 

Why do they think it needs that last white outline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

That's a good call.

 

And man, do I hate that blue keyline around the two-color version.  I know they wanted it to enclose the horn, but they should have created a better solution that wouldn't muddy up the rest of the logo in the process.

I'd argue that you can remove the keyline and it holds up AND is a much better logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'd argue that you can remove the keyline and it holds up AND is a much better logo. 

It’s needed for the horn but that’s it, without it you can’t see the shape of the horn that is outside the body, so the top right portion of the logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The keyline bonanza going on with that Rams logo is the same thing plaguing the current Titans helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dont care said:

It’s needed for the horn but that’s it, without it you can’t see the shape of the horn that is outside the body, so the top right portion of the logo

 

Not on a dark background.

 

And anyway, that’s easy enough to fix without adding outlines to the whole thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dont care said:

It’s needed for the horn but that’s it, without it you can’t see the shape of the horn that is outside the body, so the top right portion of the logo

I don't think so. To me, this is a very strong logo

 

RamsNoOutline.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I don't think so. To me, this is a very strong logo

 

RamsNoOutline.jpg

 

You’re right.  That actually works better than I thought. 

 

And, of course, a dark background solves the problem. As will using athletic gold. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Don't like their Ram head logo and believe that originated in St. Louis so would be best to discard. Posted this back when they moved back but still think it would work. 

 

LARAMSLOGO2016.jpg

 

Why bother having a logo at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.