OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, McGlinchey23 said:

By what, 1 degree? Im talking out of my ass here, but I doubt it was a noticable difference. Summer in New York (or Philly, DC., etc) back then was still summer, and they had their dog days. 

 

 

Yeah, but the dog days are longer now, and doggier.

 

Hell, I’m old enough to notice a very real change in the winters since I was a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the shortened spring and fall I notice most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

It's the shortened spring and fall I notice most. 

What spring and fall?  In Ohio it feels like we jump between summer and winter. 

8 hours ago, McGlinchey23 said:

By what, 1 degree? Im talking out of my ass here, but I doubt it was a noticable difference. Summer in New York (or Philly, DC., etc) back then was still summer, and they had their dog days. 

 

Not really. That's global averages. Some areas are much warmer for longer but have just as cold if not colder winters. But on average it seems like a minor increase. 

 

For instance,  if it's 70 degrees every day all year every year but now this year for ten days the temperature is 90, that's over a half degree increase average over an entire year. But you're really going to notice those ten days more. The other 345 aren't memorable.

 

As @Gothamite said,  I'm only 37 but winters seemed so much colder and longer when I was a kid. Now it's a series of snowstorms interspersed with 70 to 80 degrees days in freaking February. I think I'd remember that as a kid having a tee shirt and shorts type day in February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...a this isn’t going to become a thread dedicated to climate change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying anyone’s wrong, but I do remember last winter (‘17 into spring ‘18) being brutal and endless. It was consistently in a deep freeze and I remember approaching May and still being in the freezing cold (This was Philadelphia)

Anyone remember that? Again not arguing for or against global warming but I thougt last winter was bizarrely long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, McGlinchey23 said:

Not saying anyone’s wrong, but I do remember last winter (‘17 into spring ‘18) being brutal and endless. It was consistently in a deep freeze and I remember approaching May and still being in the freezing cold (This was Philadelphia)

Anyone remember that? Again not arguing for or against global warming but I thougt last winter was bizarrely long

 

Which is itself very much a sign of climate change.  Far from proving anybody wrong, it is more evidence in support. 

 

But back on topic... um, more gold jerseys!  😁

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah let’s get back on topic here. I recently came across this obscure Rams picture and don’t know if this picture has been posted here before, but yellow can be a decent look for the Rams.

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah let’s get back on topic here. I recently came across this obscure Rams picture and don’t know if this picture has been posted here before, but yellow can be a decent look for the Rams.

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

Geez @Gothamite has probably posted that 25 times over the life of this website 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah let’s get back on topic here. I recently came across this obscure Rams picture and don’t know if this picture has been posted here before, but yellow can be a decent look for the Rams.

 

What have I ever done to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Geez @Gothamite has probably posted that 25 times over the life of this website 😂

 

I love that we’re now at the point where I don’t have to. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah let’s get back on topic here. I recently came across this obscure Rams picture and don’t know if this picture has been posted here before, but yellow can be a decent look for the Rams.

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

This very image is burned into the surface of my brain all thanks to Goth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the chargers I think the ideal colour balance would be something similar to the Denver Nuggets look from the start of the decade:

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Not too much navy, just enough to contrast the powder blue & yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, monkeypower said:

Yeah let’s get back on topic here. I recently came across this obscure Rams picture and don’t know if this picture has been posted here before, but yellow can be a decent look for the Rams.

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

I would love this as an alternate home uniform.  I hope when they rebrand that they move the horns in together like it used to be instead of separated like it is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chargers have been using this background with the horse logo sharing space with the bolt for all press conferences recently, make of it what you will:

 

hnftkintwc0wxtm8itxw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 2:15 PM, Gothamite said:

 

Which is itself very much a sign of climate change.  Far from proving anybody wrong, it is more evidence in support. 

 

But back on topic... um, more gold jerseys!  😁

 

spacer.png

 

On 5/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, monkeypower said:

Yeah let’s get back on topic here. I recently came across this obscure Rams picture and don’t know if this picture has been posted here before, but yellow can be a decent look for the Rams.

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

 

It's funny how people act like it would be blasphemy for them to wear yellow dominant when they've already done it in their history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, colortv said:

It's funny how people act like it would be blasphemy for them to wear yellow dominant when they've already done it in their history.

 

There's also historical precedence for the Steelers & Packers wearing yellow jerseys, but you don't see anyone clamouring for them to make a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, colortv said:

Chargers have been using this background with the horse logo sharing space with the bolt for all press conferences recently, make of it what you will:

 

hnftkintwc0wxtm8itxw

Slap that Lightning Horse at midfield and that's perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

There's also historical precedence for the Steelers & Packers wearing yellow jerseys, but you don't see anyone clamouring for them to make a change.

 

In fairness, the Steelers and Packers look pretty good with what they've got.  The Rams are the only one of the three in desperate need of a new look.

 

And if those teams weren't wearing gold pants, then gold alternate jerseys would be very much on the table for either.  The Packers have been selling one for about twenty years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:06 PM, monkeypower said:

 

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

I feel like any jersey would look nice when it’s painted like that. The one in action looks worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.