Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, colortv said:

It's funny how people act like it would be blasphemy for them to wear yellow dominant when they've already done it in their history.

 

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

There's also historical precedence for the Steelers & Packers wearing yellow jerseys, but you don't see anyone clamouring for them to make a change.

 

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

In fairness, the Steelers and Packers look pretty good with what they've got.  The Rams are the only one of the three in desperate need of a new look.

 

And if those teams weren't wearing gold pants, then gold alternate jerseys would be very much on the table for either.  The Packers have been selling one for about twenty years.

 

Of the three, the Rams are the only team that might be able to consider the yellow/athletic gold era to be their glory years.

 

They wore yellow at least part of the time from 1946-50 (including the weird red season of 1949) and exclusively from 1951-57.  During that period, they played in four NFL championship games (1949, 1950, 1951 and 1955) and won the championship in 1951.  They also only finished under .500 once (1956).

 

 

 

 

Besides that, the yellow jerseys just look really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

 

 

 

Of the three, the Rams are the only team that might be able to consider the yellow/athletic gold era to be their glory years.

 

They wore yellow at least part of the time from 1946-50 (including the weird red season of 1949) and exclusively from 1951-57.  During that period, they played in four NFL championship games (1949, 1950, 1951 and 1955) and won the championship in 1951.  They also only finished under .500 once (1956).

 

 

 

 

Besides that, the yellow jerseys just look really nice.

 

The Packers and Steelers also have much more franchise success/glory/historical iconography tied to their uniforms, and aren't moving back after 20 years and trying to make a fresh start in the community/market 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

A good way to go for the Chargers. Rebrand for LA without straying too far.

I feel like it has to be apart of the 100 anny; their first season was in LA, they used that exact logo, they used a shade similar to powder. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this year the go back to the (superior) bolt logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I feel like it has to be apart of the 100 anny; their first season was in LA, they used that exact logo, they used a shade similar to powder. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this year the go back to the (superior) bolt logo

They have used that logo since 2017 when they moved to LA. It’s not anything new. It was even on midfield last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

They have used that logo since 2017 when they moved to LA. It’s not anything new. It was even on midfield last year.

Was it? I thought it was just on there practice field in costa mesaCosta Mesa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't the Chargers add light blue pants to wear with their white jerseys this year? They don't need the NFL's approval to add new pants, only jerseys and helmets are subject to the 5-year rule. Remember the gold pants the Ravens suddenly wore back in 2015?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluefalcon said:

Why don't the Chargers add light blue pants to wear with their white jerseys this year? They don't need the NFL's approval to add new pants, only jerseys and helmets are subject to the 5-year rule. Remember the gold pants the Ravens suddenly wore back in 2015?

 

. . . and the purple pants they suddenly wore last year.

 

The problem with light blue pants with the current white jersey is that the numbers and trim on the jersey are predominantly navy blue, so it would probably look unbalanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bluefalcon said:

Why don't the Chargers add light blue pants to wear with their white jerseys this year? They don't need the NFL's approval to add new pants, only jerseys and helmets are subject to the 5-year rule. Remember the gold pants the Ravens suddenly wore back in 2015?

 

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

 

. . . and the purple pants they suddenly wore last year.

 

The problem with light blue pants with the current white jersey is that the numbers and trim on the jersey are predominantly navy blue, so it would probably look unbalanced.

I don't think it would look terrible. But it would be unbalanced more so. Besides the Chargers look better doing white on white when playing away. When they move into the shared Rams stadium, I can see the Chargers going with light blue pants if they do a new uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White helmet, white jersey, blue pants, and then what? blue socks? white socks? Either way, it would look kind of silly. It worked for the Oilers, but I don't think it would work for the Chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Light blue pants with navy blue numbers has been done...

 

spacer.png

True but I feel like the chargers white jersey is navy with gold secondary, while the Titans here are navy with light blue secondary....so the light blue works better with the Titans than the Chargers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone who knows what they're doing* can prepare a mockup? Right?

 

* -- i.e, not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Light blue pants with navy blue numbers has been done...

 

spacer.png

Light blue is an unfortunate pants color as the sweat shows immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

True but I feel like the chargers white jersey is navy with gold secondary, while the Titans here are navy with light blue secondary....so the light blue works better with the Titans than the Chargers.

Big time. The Chargers somewhat shoehorned the powder blue into their 2007-2018 look. So I agree with this assessment in that, for the Chargers, the powder blue would be a tertiary color on their away jerseys. That's why the away look is going to look weird with their current away jerseys:

 

spacer.png

 

They need to update those away jerseys. I'm not sure they're allowed to (though I suppose they could since they haven't made any changes since 2007, right?) Powder blue the navy elements, and this is actually not an awful look. but as it stands now, blue pants or white, the away look is weird.

 

(This post means nothing if indeed they have changed the away jersey to have powder elements and I missed that somewhere. Please disregard if that's the case. Haha.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OR! Is it supposed to look like this with all-navy on the away uniform?

 

spacer.png

I don't mind either of these looks, but now we're in Giants territory with the blue-dominant home and red-dominant away look. Kind of incoherent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

OR! Is it supposed to look like this with all-navy on the away uniform?

 

spacer.png

I don't mind either of these looks, but now we're in Giants territory with the blue-dominant home and red-dominant away look. Kind of incoherent.

 

This s a great example of why this redesign was so poor. The prior set had perfect consistent treatment of the bolt. The white bolt was always set against a blue background. The navy bolt outline on the current set does not provide the same effect which makes the whole set a fail. They need to start over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because something has been done, doesnt' mean it was done well or should be done again.

 

It wouldn't work for the Chargers.  The only options for the white jersey would be white, navy, and maybe yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.