Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, colortv said:

 

Show me one other place that's been mentioned.

There are 260 pages in this thread dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

There are 260 pages in this thread dude.

 

No, anywhere on the internet.

 

If Demoff did mention something like that on a radio show there's a 99% chance it would be mentioned somewhere else, and it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, colortv said:

 

Show me one other place that's been mentioned.

Ok...here....

 

On 7/22/2019 at 4:56 PM, masterchaoss said:

So Kevin Demoff was on local radio didn't give a whole lot of new information but he confirmed that the Rams are dropping the Ram head for something new. It's kinda a shame if you ask me because it's really good logo that I thought would hold up for a long time. 

 

 

1 minute ago, colortv said:

If Demoff did mention something like that on a radio show there's a 99% chance it would be mentioned somewhere else, and it's not.

I suppose we could wait a year and see.

 

And then we'll know what the Rams' new uniforms will look like and all of this out of control speculation will end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Ok...here....

 

 

 

I suppose we could wait a year and see.

 

And then we'll know what the Rams' new uniforms will look like and all of this out of control speculation will end.

 

That's the quote in this thread that's been referenced, that's been the focal point of this whole exchange.

 

There's not one other place on the internet I can find it mentioned.

 

Not to say that logic doesn't dicate they should change the logo, but a random quote on any message board is not enough for me to make the assumption that is is factual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, colortv said:

but a random quote on any message board is not enough for me to make the assumption that is is factual.

Almost everyone here, both you and myself included, have been making baseless speculation under the assumption that it's factual since the Rams moved back. 

People insisting it'll be gold or blue jerseys, insisting on if it'll be white and blue or gold and blue. 

 

I get that speculation is part of what we do here but the prolonged :censored: tease the Rams have engaged in makes me realize how grating it is over an extended period. I frankly cannot wait for the new uniforms if only so EVERYONE will stop projecting their desires onto the Rams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Almost everyone here, both you and myself included, have been making baseless speculation under the assumption that it's factual since the Rams moved back. 

People insisting it'll be gold or blue jerseys, insisting on if it'll be white and blue or gold and blue. 

 

I get that speculation is part of what we do here but the prolonged :censored: tease the Rams have engaged in makes me realize how grating it is over an extended period. I frankly cannot wait for the new uniforms if only so EVERYONE will stop projecting their desires onto the Rams.

 

In General, baseless speculation, projections, and assumptions make for great Discussion until the teams give us News.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colortv said:

 

That's the quote in this thread that's been referenced, that's been the focal point of this whole exchange.

 

There's not one other place on the internet I can find it mentioned.

 

Not to say that logic doesn't dicate they should change the logo, but a random quote on any message board is not enough for me to make the assumption that is is factual.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=27239980

 

Okay here's your proof man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, colortv said:

If Demoff did mention something like that on a radio show there's a 99% chance it would be mentioned somewhere else, and it's not.

 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:57 AM, masterchaoss said:

 

Specifically it's around the 10:20 mark. One of the hosts asks Demoff about the stadium being shaped like the Rams logo. Demoff denies it and says the team is changing their logo for 2020 and that any resemblance between the new stadium and the current ram head logo is a coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

 

 

Specifically it's around the 10:20 mark. One of the hosts asks Demoff about the stadium being shaped like the Rams logo. Demoff denies it and says the team is changing their logo for 2020 and that any resemblance between the new stadium and the current ram head logo is a coincidence.

 

So we can't rule some type of ram head for the new logo, some were speculating they would go away from any ram head based on the earlier quote. Just making an observation, not saying the stadium roof will resemble any potential new head.

 

Chargers finally announced their uniform schedule and despite saying Powder Blue would be the primary home uniform are only wearing it 4 times.

 

The white dominates the schedule but thankfully they only wear the navy once:

 

https://www.chargers.com/schedule/uniform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, colortv said:

Chargers finally announced their uniform schedule and despite saying Powder Blue would be the primary home uniform are only wearing it 4 times.

 

Oh, they'll never be anything but what they are, will they.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, colortv said:

 

So we can't rule some type of ram head for the new logo, some were speculating they would go away from any ram head based on the earlier quote. Just making an observation, not saying the stadium roof will resemble any potential new head.

 

Chargers finally announced their uniform schedule and despite saying Powder Blue would be the primary home uniform are only wearing it 4 times.

 

The white dominates the schedule but thankfully they only wear the navy once:

 

https://www.chargers.com/schedule/uniform

It is the primary home jersey. 

 

4/8 (50%) powder

2/8 (25%) white

1/8 (12.5%) color rush

1/8 (12.5%) navy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought part of the idea of wearing powder blue at home would be that they wouldn't have to play the stupid white-at-home-in-the-heat game. Powder blue's not exactly black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colortv said:

So we can't rule some type of ram head for the new logo, some were speculating they would go away from any ram head based on the earlier quote. Just making an observation, not saying the stadium roof will resemble any potential new head.

I'm not saying the primary will be a LA monogram, but I suspect one will be part of the logo package. LA monograms seem to be in right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one trend that I will never understand. No LA logo will ever, ever, EVER overtake this. 

 

spacer.png

 

Even the Angels, who have gone to great lengths to hide the fact that they actually play in Anaheim, haven't attempted an LA logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Even the Angels, who have gone to great lengths to hide the fact that they actually play in Anaheim, haven't attempted an LA logo.

Well there is this :P

Gc9ZHa2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well there is this :P

Gc9ZHa2.jpg

*cough* is it an unpopular opinion that this is a better logo, because I’m tempted to believe it is *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

*cough* is it an unpopular opinion that this is a better logo, because I’m tempted to believe it is *cough*

That style is amazing, though they should only wear an(that) A on their caps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

*cough* is it an unpopular opinion that this is a better logo, because I’m tempted to believe it is *cough*

 

I mean, I like it. But it would still never be anything but the west coast's analogue to the Mets monogram. I think the Angels realize this and have decided to go in another direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.