No matter what the Rams do uniform-wise upon their return to Los Angeles where they belong and should've never moved in the first place, I surely hope that they change the ram horn on the helmet back to the way it used to be where at the very front of the helmet it was very angular compared to what they have done to it over time. It was V-shaped in the front.

I really liked the navy and white that they wore from '65-'71, but in the Southern California sunshine there's nothing like the royal blue with the bright yellow so I would go with that with the yellow jersey as the alternate, but no yellow pants like they did on that Thursday night game, those yellow jerseys would look really good with white pants. Also once and for all get rid of that toilet seat collar like most of the other teams did after the first season of Nike switch.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/quarterback-roman-gabriel-of-the-los-angeles-rams-turns-to-hand-the-picture-id107380327

The royal blue and yellow is classic LA Rams, but I really like the red and yellow combo they wore in 1949. That looks great IMO.

Sorry if this has been covered, but it is confirmed that the Rams are moving to those yellow color rush jerseys, full time next season correct? I seem to remember hearing that on here at one point.

Other than that, I assume any potential uniform changes would still have to happen down the road, right? Isn't there still a multi-year application process and what not for getting new uniforms? Or does relocation allow for that to all go out the window

CYlNDhvUkAA8h_9.jpg

Love this.

RAMS BACK

Chargers Maybe Also Back

Way to stick the landing, Dean!

So it'll be their 50th season in LA. Should we expect 50 year patches on the jerseys as well?

Doubt it, it would be kind of weird to have a patch for such an occasion after a 21-year absence. My guess is they may have a patch for their 60th season, though. I don't think there will be a "10th anniversary" patch, since I would imagine their official history will just consider this the next season in LA.

The five-year uniform rule does not take effect for a team that relocates.

The Rams can choose any new logo and uniform they so desire from what I've been told

Sorry if this has been covered, but it is confirmed that the Rams are moving to those yellow color rush jerseys, full time next season correct? I seem to remember hearing that on here at one point.

Other than that, I assume any potential uniform changes would still have to happen down the road, right? Isn't there still a multi-year application process and what not for getting new uniforms? Or does relocation allow for that to all go out the window

Nothing is official. The only given is the wordmark will change from "St. Louis" to "Los Angeles," which is easy to do since that text isn't attached to the logo, anyway. Beyond that, they may very well be wearing the exact same uniforms as last season. However, as noted, blue and yellow is very much associated with the (old) Los Angeles Rams, and as that exists already as a throwback uniform, it seems likely the NFL is going to allow some kind of exception, perhaps let them wear their throwbacks/alternate for every home game.

Beyond that, who knows? Many are speculating there will be a major rebrand for the opening of the stadium. I think the Rams have a decent look as it is, just a recolor is really in order.

If it were up to me, they would just go back to the old uniforms with 4 changes;

1) Remove the horn wrapping around the sleeve (sleeves are too small these days),

2) Remove the coloured collars to give a cleaner look, modern look

3) Make the helmet a metallic Royal blue to match the jerseys (similar to the Giants finish)

4) Add some white pants to wear on occasion.

40XkZBN.png

What I think would be neat is if their current home jersey was recolored to blue and yellow, and then make the older blue and white jerseys (completely with the TV numbers) as the new throwback alternate. A fairly easy way to appeal to the people who liked the blue and white look and those who liked the blue and yellow look. It also allows for both the current template (with the ram head logo, which is great and should definitely stick around) and the older template.

I actually don't think the Rams need a radical rebranding, but I fear it might happen with the opening of the new stadium. Hopefully any major rebranding will attempt a "modern retro" or w/e you want to call it, while still keeping several current elements.

If it were up to me, they would just go back to the old uniforms with 4 changes;

1) Remove the horn wrapping around the sleeve (sleeves are too small these days),

3) Make the helmet a metallic Royal blue to match the jerseys (similar to the Giants finish)

40XkZBN.png

Yeah, this is pretty much what I think the Rams need to be wearing. I'd just replace the TV numbers with the ram head logo, which is already in place.

If it's the Rams then I'd like to see them go with something like this.

St-Louis-Rams_zpsab901406.png

I wouldn't want a direct throwback because I think the Rams old uniforms had some flaws. I'd like them to use the old colors with a new approach.

If it's the Raiders then I don't want to see any changes at all. If it's the Chargers then anything that isn't their current uniform is fine with me. I'd like the powder blue throwbacks. I'd like an updated version of the powder blue throwbacks. I'd like a reusing of the mid 80's look. I'd like their 90's uniforms but if you flip flopped the yellow and white on the lightning bolts.

use a blue that's halfway between navy and royal (mainly to differentiate themselves from everyone who uses one or the other - and to capture more boldness than royal and more brightness than navy) and use traditional LA Rams gold (yellow), and put them into this set - and i'd be happy with that.. current look - new (oldish) colors, essentially a modern update to their original look, minus the "modern" colors of navy and vegas.. it also ties white into the jersey slightly better than the originals did by having numbers or number outlines in white as well as names/wordmarks, instead of JUST last names in white.

whether the Chargers move or not this is how I'd like to see them dress

Chargers_zpsh1ctdehk.jpg

40XkZBN.png

These look really good. However, after seeing the color rush uniforms I think this mockup with the yellow getting more of the emphasis would be pretty nice. Representing the California sunshine and whatnot.

The five-year uniform rule does not take effect for a team that relocates.

The Rams can choose any new logo and uniform they so desire from what I've been told

By who?

Rams = Navy and Yellow Gold unis inspired by the yellow color rush set.

Chargers = retire the name and rebrand to start anew. Maybe something like:

- Avengers (the old Arena ball team name which I liked)

- Knights (a sorely underused pro team name that could lead to a sick identity)

- Dragons (same as Knights)

- Sentinels

If the Chargers come to Los Angeles where they played their 1st season in 1960 using the name Chargers there's no way they should change their name by retiring it and re-brand to start anew, they are a 55 year charter member of the AFL merged with the NFL in 1970. Changing their name from Chargers is utterly ridiculous and I guarantee you that if a poll was taken anywhere on social media the rebranding and name change idea would lose by a landslide.

They will remain the Chargers along with their history and colors, and logo but hopefully they stay in San Diego where they belong and have a 55 year history

As a Nike Team dealer for Lids Sports Group, disclaimer here that I have no idea or inside information on what they might do with the Rams' brand in LA.

I do have opinions based on my knowledge of the market and the industry. And I do not think for one second they will wear their current Navy/Gold sets for a day in LA.

I also do not think NFL will miss an opportunity to work with Nike to come up with something entirely new and fresh for LA. And my gut says it's been in the works for the past few years, but I truly have no idea.

However, I would not be surprised - or opposed - to see them keep elements of both segments of their past and adding something new, and by that I mean going with a Navy/Athletic Gold (Michigan) combination that takes Navy from St. Louis and Athletic Gold from LA. (If the Chargers are a lock to move, I could see them adopting the same Yellow the Chargers use, so that the stadium could be outfitted appropriately, but I believe in general they're going to keep that neutral and use LED boards everywhere for team graphics.)

Reasons I think this:

1. No one in the NFL currently uses Navy/Athletic Gold or Yellow exclusively (Chargers have Powder Blue as accent).

2. Pulls 1 color from both cities' past.

Why would the Rams want to honour anything about St. Louis? The new Rams uniforms will be designed to appeal to the Rams fans in LA, who certainly don't want anything to do with the St. Louis era. The LA fans want royal and athletic gold. Will the uniforms be a straight throwback? Probably not, but I expect the old colours to carry over untouched.

3. Makes it easy for the Chargers to change Power Blue (beautiful, unique, energetic color) to being their primary color, with Navy and Yellow as secondary colors.

Dean Spanos loves navy. The powder blue highlights were added to try and appease the fanbase, which prefers powder blue. Point being that the Chargers will never drop navy for powder blue (or royal blue) so long as Spanos owns the team.

4. It's new and fresh and will be distinctly "new" LA.

It's not new. The Rams' colour rush uniforms this past season were athletic gold and navy. They were also worn in St. Louis.

I'm not sure how navy is "distinctly 'new' LA" either. Whatever "new LA" means. LA is awash in pro sports teams. The Lakers are purple and athletic gold. The Clippers are red, white, blue, and black. The Dodgers are royal blue with a bit of red. The Angels are red with a bit of navy. The Kings are black and silver. The Ducks are black, gold, and orange. Nothing really establishing navy as a "unique to LA" colour.

Nike has done a fantastic job with combos at WVU over the past half decade or so. I could certainly see Grey or Black - or BOTH - being added to make this team really stand out. Used as neutral bases and for outlining, they truly highlight the primary hues.

What does WVU have to do with the Los Angeles Rams? And how would grey or black help the Rams "stand out"? If anything those colours would muddle up the royal blue and athletic gold colour scheme. It pops on its own. It doesn't need anything else to "stand out." Certainly nothing from Nike's catalogue of bad NCAA football ideas.

Chargers_zpsh1ctdehk.jpg

Oh my G-d that's stunning.

As a Nike Team dealer for Lids Sports Group, disclaimer here that I have no idea or inside information on what they might do with the Rams' brand in LA.

I do have opinions based on my knowledge of the market and the industry. And I do not think for one second they will wear their current Navy/Gold sets for a day in LA.

I also do not think NFL will miss an opportunity to work with Nike to come up with something entirely new and fresh for LA. And my gut says it's been in the works for the past few years, but I truly have no idea.

However, I would not be surprised - or opposed - to see them keep elements of both segments of their past and adding something new, and by that I mean going with a Navy/Athletic Gold (Michigan) combination that takes Navy from St. Louis and Athletic Gold from LA. (If the Chargers are a lock to move, I could see them adopting the same Yellow the Chargers use, so that the stadium could be outfitted appropriately, but I believe in general they're going to keep that neutral and use LED boards everywhere for team graphics.)

Reasons I think this:

1. No one in the NFL currently uses Navy/Athletic Gold or Yellow exclusively (Chargers have Powder Blue as accent).

2. Pulls 1 color from both cities' past.

3. Makes it easy for the Chargers to change Power Blue (beautiful, unique, energetic color) to being their primary color, with Navy and Yellow as secondary colors.

4. It's new and fresh and will be distinctly "new" LA.

So then it comes to adding something new; Nike pushed the envelope in Seattle and likes 3-color schemes (Navy/Neon Green/Grey). There's 3 in Tampa, Jacksonville, and they tinkered with the Orange in Cleveland. They like to add their own touch and (subjective opinion) they are great at it. The only big redesigns that didn't get altered much were the Vikings. Even the teal & orange in Miami were altered.

Anthracite (Charcoal Grey) is huge in sports apparel & uniforms right now. It's outlasted the period of being a trend and has shown staying power. Moreso, no one in the NFL is using it. Black, of course, is another option, and one that lends great contrast to Blue/Navy and Gold/Yellow.

Look no further than the 2010 Backyard Brawl between Pitt & WVU to see how well Dark Grey and Black can truly bring out the best in a Blue/Gold color scheme.

Nike has done a fantastic job with combos at WVU over the past half decade or so. I could certainly see Grey or Black - or BOTH - being added to make this team really stand out. Used as neutral bases and for outlining, they truly highlight the primary hues.

To date, I think this is some of Nike's best work:

uspw_4975572.jpgTavon-Austin-scores-MG-0312.jpg

32897000E.jpg

Again, 100% opinion here, but I believe that the NFL will want to make a statement and work with Nike to give this new LA franchise its own identity. This would be a great way to take parts of both cities' past and add in some "new LA" for a great new look.

1. Black does not contrast well with navy. Neither does dark grey.

2. I'd hope they don't look too Michigan-y, or I'll be bothered.

As for the rest, I liked the Color Rush look except the blue was too dark and the numbers needed outlines (light grey might work for that). Like that they put a horn on the jersey. As sleeves are disappearing, moving it onto the shoulder area could work and has been done before. They might have to change the angle a bit, though. I hope they go for something fairly similar to the Color Rush look, because IMO they were one of only a few teams (Titans, Cowboys, and maybe Panthers being the others) who got it right.

Chargers_zpsh1ctdehk.jpg

..you know...if San Diego does move, it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to change to the color scheme of the Rams. Since they'll be occupying the same stadium, it would make them appear less of a 2nd tenant if the color scheme in the stadium matched theirs.

Ice_Cap, I ran out of my quota of likes today, but I was going to say pretty much that verbatim. I also was going to throw in that black absolutely does not go with navy, and that royal blue is also too dark to work with it. Also, both teams in the Pitt-WVU game looked horrendous. That game was about taking the team away from the team and making it a Nike fashion show. And Kroenke very well might buy Nike's pitch that "this is what the kids like these days," but I hope he doesn't trot out the Rams in trash like that.