Fictional Sport: Mezaball

NoE38_Concepts

I created this sport after finding out about Australian Rules Football, Which is now one of my favorite sports.

If you don't know what Aussie rules is, is is like a combination of rugby, soccer, and football.

This new sport is called Mezaball, I used some rules of Aussie rules and from shinty, which is the Scottish version of hockey.

Here is the field. This is 144 metres long and 114 metres wide.

FibWvwu.png

There are two ways to score in Mezaball. A goal = 3 points and a point = 1 point.

Tackling is permitted.

One unique thing about this sport is that the net (to score goals) is 20 ft tall and the uprights are 28 ft tall.

There are 15 players on the field at a time, and the match lasts 80 minutes (4 quarters).

To start play, there is a face-off like way called a boute, kind of like scrum in rugby, but 1-on-1.

Free kicks are awarded in an unusual way. When a player kicks the ball from his own half, if one of his teammates catches it, a free kick is awarded.

I will be making a league of 14 teams, so C&C will be appreciated!

Teams

Carolina Cardinals

Chicago Tigers

Dallas Blues

Denver Kings

Michigan Jets

Houston Cosmos

Los Angeles Wildcats

Milwaukee Lakers

New York Knights

Philadelphia Falcons

San Diego Dragons

San Francisco Sea Dogs

Seattle Lightning

Toronto Rangers

Here are videos about the sports.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Each team will only have 1 uniform, just like the AFL. If two teams meet with similar unis, the visiting team will wear all white.

The AFL has clashes and alternates too. Sometimes it's just a shorts color change but an example is hawthorn (my fave) 2015. But this is your concept, have fun with it!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I have no knowledge of Aussie rules but I do have a question after reading . 1 goal = 3 points and a point is 1 point... I'm just wondering if there was an unnecessary detail about the points there or if there is a different way to get a point.

Sounds like an amazing idea, except can you please refrain from having the Toronto team have anything with Canada. Like maybe call them the Rangers or Metro. The usage of naming the only Canadian city the Canadians is incredibly overused

That's what- She

Each team will only have 1 uniform, just like the AFL. If two teams meet with similar unis, the visiting team will wear all white.

As someone has already mentioned, the AFL does have away and clash kits.

Being an Aussie myself I'm glad yanks like you appreciate our great game. I assume you support Hawthorn . But I would advise you not as the greatest AFL team there is belongs in Western Australia and are the West Coast Eagles. We may have lost last years Grand Final to the Hawks but we have a great young list that will be challenging for the premiership in the future.

Anyway, looking forward to this series.

I have no knowledge of Aussie rules but I do have a question after reading . 1 goal = 3 points and a point is 1 point... I'm just wondering if there was an unnecessary detail about the points there or if there is a different way to get a point.

Sorry for the confusion. A goal is when you put the ball in the net. A point is when you kick the ball through the uprights.

spacer.png

Here is the first team, The Carolina Cardinals.

The name comes from the state bird of North Carolina, the Cardinal.

Colours: Red, Blue, White

I chose these because they are on the flag of NC.

Stadium: Bank of America Stadium

Carolina has won 2 Mezaball Premiership Titles.

Logo:

GAdY3H3.png

I know that it is not the exact representation of a cardinal, but I think it works out well.

Jersey:

gYdbeuE.gif

I went with a simple tricolor for this, because I like the idea of all the colours having large roles on the jersey.

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

Sounds like an amazing idea, except can you please refrain from having the Toronto team have anything with Canada. Like maybe call them the Rangers or Metro. The usage of naming the only Canadian city the Canadians is incredibly overused

I changed the name to the Toronto Rangers.

spacer.png

Logo:

GAdY3H3.png

Jersey:

gYdbeuE.gif

Great start. However, if you are using Paint I can send you a much higher quality one. Though it is reasonably large all you have to do is resize your image in irfanview or Ms word and your design will look even better.

Logo:

GAdY3H3.png

Jersey:

gYdbeuE.gif

Great start. However, if you are using Paint I can send you a much higher quality one. Though it is reasonably large all you have to do is resize your image in irfanview or Ms word and your design will look even better.

I am using paint and paint.net. I would also love to see the template.

spacer.png

The Second Team Is the Chicago Tigers

The Name comes from the beginning of the franchise's years, where one reporter said of the way they play is like "Being caught by tigers"

The colours are maroon, gold, and black.

Stadium: Soldier Field

The Tigers or "Big Boys" as known by their fans, have won 2 Mezaball Premiership Titles.

Logo:

OalZx2q.png

Jersey: New template, all credit goes to Spanna65.

YhxbB8l.gif

spacer.png

Archived