NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

1 hour ago, SFCOM1 said:

Yea those Candlestick fields where classic. I doubt they will go as far as painting the numbers and adding the extra fun stuff!

I think the numbers were outlined in red on Saturday.....it's a start. 

iq5b7nF.png

The NFL throwback YouTube channel loves releasing full games, or full game highlights, of important games that mirror some of the current week's games. This week they have the Packers at 49ers Wild card game from 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcyaKOr4O88&t=980s

Figured I'd give the field a shot:

SF_1998%5Ewc.png

• Like 1

With some new stadiums and team names coming for 2020, we should have at least 4 new field designs (assuming games are played).

The Raiders field situation seems pretty interesting, because they planned for the field to be a retractable grass field, as we see in Arizona, but in the stadium, there is also an artificial field:

Coliseum-Summit-News-Allegiant-Stadium-3

Outside the stadium, there is the grass field:

d35863dd-591b-4d73-bd54-44ed424f18ab-sma

Which has also for some time been inside the stadium:

Allegiant-Stadium-field.jpg?w=717&h=488&

What's interesting, is that in the first image, you can see the midfield logo for UNLV, who will share the stadium. So we know the Raiders have an artificial field, as well as UNLV. This leads me to believe that the Raiders will have a turf field, either during the college football season, or at least when UNLV and the Raiders have home games scheduled on the same weekend, to avoid using the grass surface on consecutive days. It will be interesting to see what happens, and we may not get the full field plan at Allegiant stadium until the 2021 season.

The other thing of note is the number font. For the turf field, the number font matches the Raiders uniform number font, and has a black outline. It will be interesting to see what they do with the grass field, if they use the same number font. I'm guessing, for consistency, they will have the same field design for both turf and grass. In Oakland, the Raiders have had a recent history (2005-2019) of fully painting the endzones, and outlining the numbers and 20s/50 yard lines, which I hope they will continue to do in Las Vegas.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crosby87rules said:

Well at least according to their website, this is what we should expect the Redskins err Washington Football Team this season.spacer.png

https://www.redskins.com/team/washingtonfootball

It would be interesting if they went with the full text, rather than just "Washington". It would certainly be unique. For Washington, it would be the first time they had fully painted endzones at their home stadium since 2011: WAS_2011%5E2.png

But the last time they had team related painted endzones was in a Super Bowl. However, that was not at their home stadium for a home game. So it could be the first time ever they would have fully painted endzones at home.

Also of note, the city name and team name would be in the endzone, and that is a rarity in the NFL. The Falcons are the first team that comes to mind, that did it for years, until they moved into their new stadium. Can't think of any others that have done that at the moment.

It would be interesting if they went with the full text, rather than just "Washington". It would certainly be unique. For Washington, it would be the first time they had fully painted endzones at their home stadium since 2011: WAS_2011%5E2.png

But the last time they had team related painted endzones was in a Super Bowl. However, that was not at their home stadium for a home game. So it could be the first time ever they would have fully painted endzones at home.

Also of note, the city name and team name would be in the endzone, and that is a rarity in the NFL. The Falcons are the first team that comes to mind, that did it for years, until they moved into their new stadium. Can't think of any others that have done that at the moment.

Nah they had painted endzones in 1969-70, just in block letters saying the team name (Apparently we can't even say it anymore)

HgILtcB.png

gIrALC8.png

https://imgur.com/xExINiB

2002-2014 Detroit Lions

Had some time to knock some fields out. I'd been missing the Lions form 2002 to 2014, so I got those done.

DET_2002%5E1.png

2003-2005 (2006-2007 field is the same, but with the NFL logo at the 25 yard lines)

DET_2003-2005%5E1.png

DET_2008%5E1.png

2011-2012 (Note: the kickoff "x" was at the 30 yard line from 2009-2010, but is otherwise the same field)

DET_2011-2012%5E1.png

2013-2014

DET_2013-2014%5E1.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been working on some 49ers fields, and filling some gaps for the Eagles fields. These are some of the more unique ones. The Eagles throwback field from 2008 is next on my list.

2013 49ers (all games except the last game at Candlestick, which had red endzones)

SF_2013%5E1.png

2010 Packers @ Eagles

PHI_2010%5E3.png

Some of the new fields we have so far for 2020

Jets

NYJ_2020%5E1.png

Giants

NYG_2020%5E1.png

These two fields are about the same. For the Giants, the NY logo is now in both ends of the endzone, and for the Jets, they have a sewn in endzone now. Last year they did not have a green painted endzone, so this is also new.

Rams (withought painted endzones yet)

LAR_2020%5E1.png

I'm guessing they will go with the new LA logo, and Rams wordmark in each endzone, as they do in their field mockups of the stadium.

Chargers

LAC_2020%5E1.png

The bolt is quite large, spanning a full 20 yards. The last team that I can think of with a logo that has gone all the way from 40 to 40 is the 49ers. The Buccaneers do however make their midfield logo quite large, which gets close to each 40 yard line.

I'm not 100% sure on the Raiders yet. We've seen their turf field, which they've used for practices, but I expect them to use the grass field for games. We shall see.

4 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I'm not 100% sure on the Raiders yet. We've seen their turf field, which they've used for practices, but I expect them to use the grass field for games. We shall see.

Raiders are using grass.  The turf field was primarily for UNLV and maybe all non-Raiders games.

I've been catching up on 49ers fields. I've gotten back to the 1996 season. These are some of the more interesting fields from the late 90's.

Shared baseball up through 1999

SF_1996-1997%5E1.png

1996 - 50th anniversary - mid season

SF_1996%5E2.png

1996 Wild Card - 50th anniversary

SF_1996%5Ewc.png

1997 mid season

SF_1997-1998%5E3.png

1997 NFC Championship

SF_1997%5Econf.png

• Like 2

The Falcons have updated their field to match the new uniforms a bit:

A8gFlN6.png

The midfield logo is also about 5 yards wider.

I have the endzone done so far, but I can't figure out the new number font; it's not from their uniform numbers. The "ATLANTA FALCONS" in the endzone also doesn't match any of their wordmarks, which is also interesting.

Ihdll1e.png

Another new thing for this year, is that the kickoff weekend logos have moved to the sidelines, instead of being an onfield logo.

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I have the endzone done so far, but I can't figure out the new number font; it's not from their uniform numbers. The "ATLANTA FALCONS" in the endzone also doesn't match any of their wordmarks, which is also interesting.

I think this font is the one being used on their team website and digital materials as well.  As a result, the "ATLANTA FALCONS" in the endzone and the field numbers are probably both Kairos Sans Condensed Bold.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png