NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

15 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

They did go light blue in the 2008 playoffs ... The Chargers always had nice playoffs fields.

It's beautiful..

Also the Giants with the Blue wordmark in the endzone. Don't think they have really ever done that. Used to be white, and now the whole endzone is blue. Not sure about that double ny logo with no NFC logo..

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, with the NFL (the "No Fun League" or "Not For Long" depending on your preference) standards currently in effect, most teams no longer have the "One shot" field (except for a "legacy" field such as San Diego, Denver, and Miami had recently) ability. Not to mention all yard lines and hash marks need to be visible for the officials. Its a real bummer. Heck I referee HS football in AZ, and some fields here only have the main yard lines and hash marks only. So as an "U" (or umpire) if i can get it right, why is the NFL so special? LOL

Edited by SFCOM1
Grammar and spelling

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

11 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Unfortunately, with the NFL (the "No Fun League" or "Not For Long" depending on your preference) standards currently in effect, most teams no longer have the "One shot" field (except for a "legacy" field such as San Diego, Denver, and Miami had recently) ability. Not to mention all yard lines and hash marks need to be visible for the officials. Its a real bummer. Heck I referee HS football in AZ, and some fields here only have the main yard lines and hash marks only. So as an "U" (or umpire) if i can get it right, why is the NFL so special? LOL

This was awesome by the Jags. 

IMG_8245.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Buffalo Bills 1991

BUF_1991%5E1.png

Buffalo Bills 1992-1993

BUF_1992-1993%5E1.png

Buffalo Bills 1994-1998 - Kickoff moved to 30 yardline, so only change is the position of the 'x' for the kickoff line

BUF_1994-1998%5E1.png

Buffalo Bills 1999 - Small helmet changes

BUF_1999%5E1.png

Buffalo Bills 2000-2002

BUF_2000-2002%5E1.png

Edited by pitt6pack
added fields from 1999-2002
  • Like 3

1987 Washington Redskins

WAS_1987%5E1.png

This field may have been used for more than just this season. Also the paint around the numbers and on the 20's may have just been an after baseball design. This was from week 12 1987.

• Like 2

1974 Denver Broncos

DEN_1974%5E1.png

This was from a video of the NFL's first regular season sudden death overtime game September 22, 1974 between the Steelers and Broncos

Video

Spoiler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2007 Playoffs

Wild Card

Spoiler

January 5, 2008        Washington Redskins - 14        Seattle Seahawks - 35

SEA_2007%5Ewc.png

January 5, 2008        Jacksonville Jaguars - 31        Pittsburgh Steelers - 29

PIT_2007%5Ewc.png

January 6, 2008        New York Giants - 24        Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 14

TB_2007%5Ewc.png

January 6, 2008        San Diego Chargers - 17        Tennessee Titans - 6

SD_2007%5Ewc.png 

Divisional

Spoiler

January 12, 2008        Seattle Seahawks - 20        Green Bay Packers - 42

GB_2007%5Ediv.png

January 12, 2008        Jacksonville Jaguars - 20        New England Patriots - 31

NE_2007%5Ediv.png

January 13, 2008        San Diego Chargers - 28        Indianapolis Colts - 24

IND_2007%5Ediv.png

January 13, 2008        New York Giants - 21        Dallas Cowboys - 17

DAL_2007%5Ediv.png

Conference Championships

Spoiler

January 20, 2008        San Diego Chargers - 12        New England Patriots - 21

NE_2007%5Econf.png

January 20, 2008        New York Giants - 23        Green Bay Packers - 20        OT

GB_2007%5Econf.png

So I take it the Packers don't color in the green part of the midfield logo since the grass is already green? Makes sense I guess.

I believe the San Diego text had been gold in the years leading up to the 1987 field you just posted. Also, there had been a time, in home games after baseball season, when they would have bolts pointing towards the kickoff lines instead of a regular X right on the lines.

5 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

So I take it the Packers don't color in the green part of the midfield logo since the grass is already green? Makes sense I guess.

The Packers did trim the "G" in gold and forest green before the 2007 season, but stopped for the golden anniversary of Lambeau. I don't know why they stopped, it looked much better trimmed in its proper color than the natural grass.

• Like 1

NSFCvyu.png