NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

1997 was the year they put new turf down which included a new Meadowlands logo on the 50 yard line.ย 

Time stamp approx 4:14 for the updated logo.

• Like 1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:ย  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On 10/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, SFCOM1 said:

The turf was still down in 1996 as well saw a you tube video showing game 1 at the Meadolands vs the Bills.ย 

ย 

I was looking at a Jets game in 1996 though, and it looked like the number font had slightly changed. I'd have to take a closer look.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, SFCOM1 said:

1997 was the year they put new turf down which included a new Meadowlands logo on the 50 yard line.ย 

Time stamp approx 4:14 for the updated logo.

I think they changed the field in 1996 but kept the old red logo.ย 

They changed it again in 1998.ย 

Giants-Bills Week 1 1996:ย 

ย 

Edited by bigbluelarry

On 10/20/2019 at 3:43 AM, bigbluelarry said:

I think they changed the field in 1996 but kept the old red logo.ย 

They changed it again in 1998.ย 

Giants-Bills Week 1 1996:ย 

ย 

Looks like the old field, but the numbers are painted differently, and new endzone turf,ย 

I'll get back to fixing the Giants and Jets fields not too far off from now.

ย 

Here's an interesting one. Dolphins at Steelers week 12 2007, which was that monsoon 3-0 game on Monday night.

ย 

First half: Most of the paint had washed off. The Steelers had placed fresh sod ON TOP of the existing field sod the day of the game (so an entire field on top of another entire field; not the best idea), and due to the rain, most of the paint washed out.ย 

PIT_2007%5E3a.png

ย 

Second half: Some lines were pained back onto the field at halftime. The hash marks on the sideline were pained orange.

PIT_2007%5E3b.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I'll get back to fixing the Giants and Jets fields not too far off from now.

ย 

Here's an interesting one. Dolphins at Steelers week 12 2007, which was that monsoon 3-0 game on Monday night.

ย 

First half: Most of the paint had washed off. The Steelers had placed fresh sod ON TOP of the existing field sod the day of the game (so an entire field on top of another entire field; not the best idea), and due to the rain, most of the paint washed out.ย 

PIT_2007%5E3a.png

ย 

Second half: Some lines were pained back onto the field at halftime. The hash marks on the sideline were pained orange.

PIT_2007%5E3b.png

ย 

ย 

Now that is attention to detail! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Great work as always!

iq5b7nF.png

I was able to get the image to work as a gif:

PIT_2007%5E3.gif

ย 

Which opens the possibility of showing the accumulation of now on fields over the course of a game, or the yard markers being cleared of snow. I know @SFCOM1ย did the Fog Bowl field, so this could be a good way of showing the fog roll in. I'm going to try that out and update this post if I can get it to look good.

ย 

ย 

*** EDIT ***

Fog Bowl gif (credit to @SFCOM1ย for the field images)

CHI_1988%5Ediv.gif

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I was able to get the image to work as a gif:

PIT_2007%5E3.gif

ย 

Which opens the possibility of showing the accumulation of now on fields over the course of a game, or the yard markers being cleared of snow. I know @SFCOM1ย did the Fog Bowl field, so this could be a good way of showing the fog roll in. I'm going to try that out and update this post if I can get it to look good.

ย 

ย 

*** EDIT ***

Fog Bowl gif (credit to @SFCOM1ย for the field images)

CHI_1988%5Ediv.gif

Brilliant!ย 

ย 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 6:40 AM, pitt6pack said:

2019 Chiefs, week 3

ย 

KC_2019%5E1.png

ย 

A beautiful field.

ย 

And here's a neat article about the field:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/legendary-groundskeeper-george-toma-returns-to-arrowhead-to-paint-the-end-zones-

ย 

It would be neat to see if the Chiefs updated their field throughout the year based on different eras. This past weekend would cover the 60's. This field was in use from '72-'79, and wouldย represent the 70's:

KC_1978-1979%5E1.png

ย 

This field was used from '80-'83, and is more of an early '80s era

KC_1980-1983%5E1.png

ย 

Then the '84-'93 field:

KC_1993%5Ewc.png

ย 

And then the design from the mid '90's to late 200's really had little variance:

KC_2008%5E1.png

ย 

And finally the modern field:

KC_2016-2018%5E1.png

ย 

In reality, it's probably not realistic to do this many fields, but with the Chiefs schedule, they could probably rotate. The chiefs are home for weeks 5 and 6, and could keep the field from week 3, with their next home game being a Sunday night game. Then they come back home weeks 8 and 9, with week 8 being a Sunday night game as well, and here they could switch to the 70's style field. There remaining home games are weeks 13, 15, and 17, which they could go to the late 80's, early 90's field. Could be a good year for fields in Kansasย 

The 1994 field is when the converted to grass the same field design at the previous but also with the 75th season logo on the 30 yard lines each side'sย 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Field for tonight's game:

pi-nfl-mexico-city-azteca-stadium-111619

ย 

A very unique field design for the Chargers in their history. Both the retro styled logo, and the classic bolt logo. What seems to be a simplistic sans-serif font used in the endzones. Not sure if this font resembles anything the Chargers have used in the past.

ย 

The International fields seem to all use the same template when it comes to numbers. Gaps in all the 0s and 4s (Baltimore uses the same number pattern).ย 

ย 

Interesting that the soccer markings midfield are not centered at midfield like the NFL logo.

ย 

Beautiful looking field overall. I just moved, so probably won't get this in a digital format for a week or so, but the good thing is with current fields, there's always plenty of pictures and video to see the fields.

ย 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 2:19 PM, pitt6pack said:

Field for tonight's game:

pi-nfl-mexico-city-azteca-stadium-111619

ย 

A very unique field design for the Chargers in their history. Both the retro styled logo, and the classic bolt logo. What seems to be a simplistic sans-serif font used in the endzones. Not sure if this font resembles anything the Chargers have used in the past.

ย 

The International fields seem to all use the same template when it comes to numbers. Gaps in all the 0s and 4s (Baltimore uses the same number pattern).ย 

ย 

Interesting that the soccer markings midfield are not centered at midfield like the NFL logo.

ย 

Beautiful looking field overall. I just moved, so probably won't get this in a digital format for a week or so, but the good thing is with current fields, there's always plenty of pictures and video to see the fields.

ย 

Wow that is an incredible picture. If it was not 2 degrees off center, it would make an awesome schematic for us to expand andย overlay on ours;ย to confirm it's accuracy... exactly!ย 

Edited by SFCOM1
Grammar and spelling
  • Like 1