NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

Awesome to see these Bucs fields, especially the playoffs... i wish they colored the end zone more, but i guess it makes it more special since they don't.    

They of course never made the Super Bowl during the Bucco Bruce years and for home playoff games in 1979 they didn't color the end zones.... however, trivia question here, who can tell us when was the only time there ever was a orange painted Buccaneer end zone? 

Also one correction, for 2003 season (I believe for the whole year)  the Bucs put "World Champions" in the end zone. 

Screenshot_20180823-083947_zpsdcwg33tk.p

Screenshot_20180823-083814_zpsrghmw3y3.p

Edited by GridironUniform

On 8/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, GridironUniform said:

Awesome to see these Bucs fields, especially the playoffs... i wish they colored the end zone more, but i guess it makes it more special since they don't.    

They of course never made the Super Bowl during the Bucco Bruce years and for home playoff games in 1979 they didn't color the end zones.... however, trivia question here, who can tell us when was the only time there ever was a orange painted Buccaneer end zone? 

Also one correction, for 2003 season (I believe for the whole year)  the Bucs put "World Champions" in the end zone. 

Screenshot_20180823-083947_zpsdcwg33tk.p

Screenshot_20180823-083814_zpsrghmw3y3.p

Good catch. Replicating all the letters for that will be a bit tedious, but at least I can pull from the Buccaneers wordmark.

I couldn't tell you when the Bucs had orange endzones, but if I had to guess, I'd say the 1979 NFC Championship game (first year the Bucs made it to the playoffs, and first conference title game)

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Good catch. Replicating all the letters for that will be a bit tedious, but at least I can pull from the Buccaneers wordmark.

I couldn't tell you when the Bucs had orange endzones, but if I had to guess, I'd say the 1979 NFC Championship game (first year the Bucs made it to the playoffs, and first conference title game)

I actually remembered it as a whole different end zone, but actually they only added "World Champions' to the the regular end zone,  so its easier than it could have been....

And nope they didn't paint the end zones for that NFC title game either. 

Here's a hint, it wasn't in Tampa.

• 3 weeks later...

Major Field Changes For 2018

Week 1

Baltimore

Last year they painted the endzones fully for each game (no green), and the grass striping was different

BAL_2018%5E1.png

Carolina

Panther logo at midfield, gaps in the "0"s

CAR_2018%5E1.png

Cleveland

Alternated the wordmark colors

CLE_2018%5E1.png

Los Angeles Chargers

New logo at midfield (combination of original LA Chargers logo, and early San Diego Chargers Logo - They added LA to the original San Diego Chargers logo)

LAC_2018%5E1.png

Miami

Color changes with new logo, NFL shields vertical positions flipped from last year

MIA_2018%5E1.png

New England

Gelette stadium logo colors changed (white with silver "lights")

NE_2018%5E1.png

I posted Green Bay and Cincinnati previously.

From pre-season, it looks like Detroit has a minor change. An off colored turf patch at midfield where the logo is

• Like 1

Outside of the previously docmented changes. Arizona: now using bolder number font. Striping is still on the 20 yard line. Minnesota: Numbers bordered in Purple, striping moved from 20 to 25 yard line. New Orleans: Field looks new, all standard lines (Yard lines, Enzone, field numbers, and the 2 yard border) extremely bright white. With Logos, hash marks and yard marks  fainter. Detroit: Possibly using field "Patch" for Lions logo ("Bubbles") in the center of the field.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

12 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Outside of the previously docmented changes. Arizona: now using bolder number font. Striping is still on the 20 yard line. Minnesota: Numbers bordered in Purple, striping moved from 20 to 25 yard line. New Orleans: Field looks new, all standard lines (Yard lines, Enzone, field numbers, and the 2 yard border) extremely bright white. With Logos, hash marks and yard marks  fainter. Detroit: Possibly using field "Patch" for Lions logo ("Bubbles") in the center of the field.

Saints had the incredibly bright white last year.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Other 2018 field Updates

Detroit

Patch beneath midfield logo, silver tone wordmark in endzone (white last year)

DET_2018%5E1.png

New Orleans

Darker hashes in the middle of the field, addition of "x" for kickoff

NO_2018%5E1.png

On 9/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, pitt6pack said:

Other 2018 field Updates

Detroit

Patch beneath midfield logo, silver tone wordmark in endzone (white last year)

DET_2018%5E1.png

Yea, the word mark and "Bubbles" looked a lot fainter than previous years. Almost as if they used a thinner style of field paint. It looked almost transparent in places.

2018 Tennessee Titans

TEN_2018%5E1.png

The Rams and Bears also updated their fields this season, and it looks like the Browns will have completely new endzones tomorrow night. I'll probably only get the chance to work on these Saturday or Sunday

• Like 1

Cleveland Browns 2018 Week 3

CLE_2018%5E2.png

Interesting endzone design for tonight's game. I can't think of any other past fields that was solid color stripes like this. The 16 stripes per endzone are supposed to represent the Browns 16 hall of famers.

• Like 3

2018 Bears

Change in the wordmarks, matching that Bears actual wordmark font

CHI_2018%5E1.png

2018 Rams

New wordmark, helmet at midfield

I'd expect the Rams to go with a gold helmet and wordmark for the remaining home games, as they plan to wear gold in their uniforms for those games

LAR_2018%5E1.png

Rams Week 4

I updated the size of the "RAMS" wordmark and the NFC logo to better match the actual field.

I expect the Rams to go with this field for the rest of the season, except for maybe Week 11, as they will be in color rush uniforms.

I also think in later games they will paint in the center part of the facemask. Looks like they just forgot to paint the inner part, or just didn't have time before the game, but they have the outline.

LAR_2018%5E2.png

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Rams Week 4

I updated the size of the "RAMS" wordmark and the NFC logo to better match the actual field.

I expect the Rams to go with this field for the rest of the season, except for maybe Week 11, as they will be in color rush uniforms.

I also think in later games they will paint in the center part of the facemask. Looks like they just forgot to paint the inner part, or just didn't have time before the game, but they have the outline.

LAR_2018%5E2.png

I don’t know if you saw it or not, but they missed a little paint on the facemask of the helmet 

7 hours ago, Elmos World 17 said:

I don’t know if you saw it or not, but they missed a little paint on the facemask of the helmet 

I sure did. I mentioned that, and included the missed paint on the field I posted.

One thing I think I will need to update is the shade of blue. The blue on the throwback uniforms is a bit lighter, and the blue on the field last night also seemed a bit lighter then the Rams first two home games. The shade difference is pretty evident if you compare the Rams helmet to their jerseys. 

I'll try to make that update tonight.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, pitt6pack said:

Rams Week 4

LAR_2018%5E2.png

Why is this so satisfying to see...? 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lions debuted a new endzone design yesterday: Honolulu "LIONS" with silver and white trim. I thought I would hate it given the fact I hate ghost wordmarks (i.e. 49ers recent playoff fields), but in all honesty, I don't think it's that bad. Certainly adds more character to a rather plain look.

• Like 1

NSFCvyu.png

46 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Lions debuted a new endzone design yesterday: Honolulu "LIONS" with silver and white trim. I thought I would hate it given the fact I hate ghost wordmarks (i.e. 49ers recent playoff fields), but in all honesty, I don't think it's that bad. Certainly adds more character to a rather plain look.

Agreed, i saw it too and thought it was new.  It looks well with their font.

Week 5 Field Changes

Detroit

Changes to the wordmark: silver outer stripe, white inner stripe, blue fill

DET_2018%5E2.png

LA Chargers

Pink accents in the wordmark (instead of gold)

LAC_2018%5E3.png

49ers

Old wordmark and helmet logos in the endzones

SF_2018%5E2.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Week 5 Field Changes

Detroit

Changes to the wordmark: silver outer stripe, white inner stripe, blue fill

DET_2018%5E2.png

LA Chargers

Pink accents in the wordmark (instead of gold)

LAC_2018%5E3.png

49ers

Old wordmark and helmet logos in the endzones

SF_2018%5E2.png

I really like the Lions new endzone. Very unique compared to what they have been sporting the past few years. And SF needs to keep this endzone. Only thing better is the endzone in red.

Edited by SFCOM1
Spelling
  • Like 2