NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed updating my Soldier Field profile on the USFL Fields thread. I will be working on the early 80's astroturf era for the Chicago Bears shortly.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

5 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

I just completed updating my Soldier Field profile on the USFL Fields thread. I will be working on the early 80's astroturf era for the Chicago Bears shortly.

I'll be looking forward to it. 

Hopefully I can make new pages in the GUD when it comes back online to include the USFL fields in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

I had to hand draw the "C's" and the "O" as well as the curvature at the top of the "I". The standard font lust do not give the option to make it correctly.

55 minutes ago, SFCOM1 said:

I had to hand draw the "C's" and the "O" as well as the curvature at the top of the "I". The standard font lust do not give the option to make it correctly.

I know how that is. The endzone font at Rice-Eccles Stadium looks like it would be a standard block font, but there's just nothing that matches exactly, so that was a by hand edit. Those end up being the most time consuming fields to make, because it's not just a cleanup or alteration of an existing font, but making based off referenced images, that may not give good angles. The design at midfield for the Titans 2000 Divisional game was probably the most challenging design to re-create for me at this point due to the distortion of angles on video, and poor video quality.

New additions for Soldier Field (updated)

NFC divisional playoffs "The Fog Bowl" Chicago vs Philadelphia December 31, 1988 (Still trying to make this a bit lighter... well because it was "The Fog Bowl!")

When the game started

GcEkwER.png

After the fog rolled in!

SKsekkv.png

Edited by SFCOM1
Updated to show the field "Fog Bound"
  • Like 2

Soldier Field

NFL and Chicago Bears 75th Anniversary 1994

l1XKj1z.png

Later in the season

5tX3myE.png

Edited by SFCOM1
Added field variant for later in the year
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 1:10 PM, SFCOM1 said:

When you say hand draw do you mean you actually sketch it on paper and scan it in or just use a mouse or tablet ? 

• Like 1