NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

20 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Not a fan of the Bills' field design this year. Looked better with the helmet at the 50 yard line and the red end zones years ago.

Yeah I definitely see what you're talking about with the Eagles end zone. Hope they correct that soon.

Also, this wasn't the first time the Jets didn't have a painted end zone. I'm pretty sure the Giants and Jets both used the green of the field surface at the old Meadowlands back in the early to mid 2000's.

I think the Jets and Giants both had non-painted endzones from early 2000's through the end of their time at old Giants stadium. The Giants did not have fully painted endzones in the '08 playoffs, I do know that: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-single-field&title=NYG_2008^div&image_path=/fields/images/playoffs/2008/r1024/NYG_2008^div.png

I think it would be nice to see the Bills at least go back to a red endzone. I know it's not as big a part in their color scheme anymore, but it would certainly contrast well with the oversized Bills logo at midfield.

• Like 1

Some of the updated fields for 2019 as of week 1:

Cleveland Browns

CLE_2019%5E1.png

Jacksonville Jaguars

JAX_2019%5E1.png

New York Jets

One thing I'm surprised about with the Jets, is that they down have the sewn in endzones, like they had since moving to MetLife, and like the Giants have. Maybe that will be coming soon or next year?

NYJ_2019%5E1.png

And the Philadelphia Eagles "Error" Field

PHI_2019%5E1.png

And I'm currently working on an update for the Raiders football over baseball field dating back to at least 2012

• Like 3

An update to the Raiders shared with baseball field:

Old version:

zOLD-OAK_2012-2019%5E1.png

New Version:

Updates - Changed the grass shading to accurately reflect what's seen on the field during the baseball season. Updated the infield dirt color. Included the foul line, and first and third base line coaches boxes.

OAK_2012-2019%5E1.png

• Like 2

Changes for Week 2:

Miami had the biggest changes, rolling out a new endzone pattern. I'm still working on this one, and will probably only get to it at the end of the week.

Tennessee

New coloring scheme in the wordmark, using columbia blue instead of silver. No other logos in the corners of each endzone (last year was the 20th season logo). Finally, no two point conversion line! Most likely a mistake, but we will see if they add it for future games or not.

TEN_2019%5E1.png

Pittsburgh

Addition of NFL 100 logos in either endzone. 

PIT_2019%5E1.png

Baltimore

Return of the shield logo at midfield. This version of the logo spans only 10 yards compared to the 14 yards the shield logo spanned back when Baltimore was playing on an artificial surface.

BAL_2019%5E1.png

Los Angeles

Similar field to last year when wearing the white uniforms. The NFL 100 logo replaced the normal NFL logo. The other big change is the size of the helmet logo at midfield. Last years helmet was about 13 yards wide, as compared to nearly 10 yards this year.

LAR_2019%5E1.png

New York

The Jets went with all black endzones to match their uniforms, and to allude to their prospects of a winning season being a dark abyss.

NYJ_2019%5E3.png

• Like 1

Looking forward to week 3 ...

The chiefs are going with an old school style field, the likes of which we haven't seen since 1971

EEm_fT-W4AIKQ4a.jpg

An example of a field from 1971:

KC_1971%5E2.png

From 1969 to 1971 the Chiefs used dueling helmets at midfield. More Chiefs field history here:

http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=KC&city=Kansas City&name=Chiefs

Given that the Chiefs field manager was also in charge of the Super Bowl field, the dueling helmets found their way to the Super Bowl fields in this era for Super Bowls II and IV.

4.png

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

The chiefs are going with an old school style field, the likes of which we haven't seen since 1971

EEm_fT-W4AIKQ4a.jpg

I think this is going to look pretty cool.  However, it doesn't look like there will be dueling helmets at midfield.  The stencil outline looks like a Chiefs helmet on the 50 yard line, with either an old school double bar facemask or one of these.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 9/9/2019 at 11:31 AM, pitt6pack said:

Here's another fun one. I thought something was off with the Eagles wordmark yesterday ... take a look at the 'G' from the left endzone:

FTqgfSp.png

Fly, Eacles, Fly.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

EEm_fT-W4AIKQ4a.jpg

After seeing this (which is very cool)...now I'm hoping the Chiefs paint the endzones red for one game this year with the yellow wordmark, 80s/90s style. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, WSU151 said:

After seeing this (which is very cool)...now I'm hoping the Chiefs paint the endzones red for one game this year with the yellow wordmark, 80s/90s style. 

Would be interesting. I enlarged the pic and it's an old style double bar facemask that is being painted on the 50 yard line.

• Like 2

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

10 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Would be interesting. I enlarged the pic and it's an old style double bar facemask that is being painted on the 50 yard line.

Here's a shot of the whole field, but it's hard to see the helmet from this far away.

chiefs+field.jpg

Chiefs Twitter has some better helmet and field views:

https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1174823265375834112&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wibw.com%2Fcontent%2Fsports%2FChiefs-open-Arrowhead-with-New-Field-560829961.html

And some stills from the video:

vvDMVIO.jpg

5j2pm0D.jpg

uplPxVu.jpg

GhbXyeG.jpg

Still a work in progress obviously, but it's shaping up to be a really beautiful field!

• Like 2

2019 Chiefs, week 3

KC_2019%5E1.png

A beautiful field.

And here's a neat article about the field:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/legendary-groundskeeper-george-toma-returns-to-arrowhead-to-paint-the-end-zones-

It would be neat to see if the Chiefs updated their field throughout the year based on different eras. This past weekend would cover the 60's. This field was in use from '72-'79, and would represent the 70's:

KC_1978-1979%5E1.png

This field was used from '80-'83, and is more of an early '80s era

KC_1980-1983%5E1.png

Then the '84-'93 field:

KC_1993%5Ewc.png

And then the design from the mid '90's to late 200's really had little variance:

KC_2008%5E1.png

And finally the modern field:

KC_2016-2018%5E1.png

In reality, it's probably not realistic to do this many fields, but with the Chiefs schedule, they could probably rotate. The chiefs are home for weeks 5 and 6, and could keep the field from week 3, with their next home game being a Sunday night game. Then they come back home weeks 8 and 9, with week 8 being a Sunday night game as well, and here they could switch to the 70's style field. There remaining home games are weeks 13, 15, and 17, which they could go to the late 80's, early 90's field. Could be a good year for fields in Kansas City.

Edited by pitt6pack
Updated wordmark
  • Like 4

Finally got around to finishing the 49ers field from week 3:

SF_2019%5E1.png

Slight changes to the helmet compared to last year. They decided to put the NFC logo in the right side of the endzone, instead of a helmet with the NFC logo, as they did last year. The other change was the wordmark. Last years field used a mostly gold wordmark. This years has red inside the inner white line. Also, the inner white line in the wordmark is full unbroken lines, unlike the teams official wordmark.

Here's last years field for comparison:

SF_2018%5E2.png

Overall, I'd call all the changes an improvement.

I still have to get to the Dolphins fields for weeks 2 and 4. At this point I've put about as much effort into their fields as they've put into winning games, but I can get to them now that I'm caught up with the other teams.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally caught up with the Dolphins fields for this year

Week 1:

MIA_2019%5E2.png

Week 4 was a standard field for them, so no point posting it here (Link just in case: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-single-field&title=MIA_2019^3&image_path=http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/MIA/r1024/MIA_2019^3.png)

And the London game for week 5:

INT_2019%5E1.png

• Like 2

Finally got around to the Giants fields for the 1980's to the mid 90's.

1981-1986 (early season):

NYG_1981-1986%5E1.png

1986 (week 9) - 1995:

NYG_1986%5E2.png

1994 weeks 9 and 11 (in other weeks, the NFL 75 logo was on the sidelines off the field) :

NYG_1994%5E2.png

1986 NFC Championship Game:

NYG_1986%5Econf.png

• Like 3

Staying in New York, here are the Jets fields from the time they moved to the Meadowlands in 1984, through 1995:

1984-1986 early season:

NYJ_1984-1986%5E1.png

1986 midseason:

NYJ_1986%5E2.png

1986 late season:

NYJ_1986%5E3.png

1987-1990

NYJ_1987-1990%5E1.png

From 1991 through 1995, the field hardly changed, so not worth showing. Only differences include from 1991 forward, the yard lines not longer went from sideline to sideline, but rather started and ended 8 inches from the sidelines. This was a league wide change in 1991. In 1994 the kickoffs moved from the 35 yard line, to the 30 yard line.

1994, part of the season:

NYJ_1994%5E2.png

Playoff games in 1985 and 1986 used the same field as in the regular season.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2019 at 5:24 AM, pitt6pack said:

Finally got around to the Giants fields for the 1980's to the mid 90's.

1981-1986 (early season):

NYG_1981-1986%5E1.png

1986 (week 9) - 1995:

NYG_1986%5E2.png

1994 weeks 9 and 11 (in other weeks, the NFL 75 logo was on the sidelines off the field) :

NYG_1994%5E2.png

1986 NFC Championship Game:

NYG_1986%5Econf.png

Nice to see the Giants and Jets fields added in. The Meadowlands logo was always the "bugger" for me to reproduce. LOL

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

4 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Nice to see the Giants and Jets fields added in. The Meadowlands logo was always the "bugger" for me to reproduce. LOL

Fortunately I was able to find an image online. That's been the one thing keeping me from these fields. I do however need to update the midfield logo. Some years there were less stars, I just don't know which, or when.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:15 PM, pitt6pack said:

Fortunately I was able to find an image online. That's been the one thing keeping me from these fields. I do however need to update the midfield logo. Some years there were less stars, I just don't know which, or when.

Four stars 1994-1995.

One star 1986-1993. 

• Like 1