Jump to content

NFL Fields - 2021 Week 1


pitt6pack

Recommended Posts

2015 chargers

 

The rest of the Chargers fields from this season were pretty standard, but this was the one that stood out. The Chargers used this style endzone on and off going back at least to 2005 (just from what I remember in a 2005 game where the Steelers played the Chargers, and Roethlisberger got hurt). Loved these endzone though, and this was the last game they used the old wormark. I'd hope they'd bring it back since it dates back to the chargers original LA days, but that window is running out. If the new LA stadium is an artificial surface (I think I remember seeing that it will be, but not sure), then this may be the last time in a long time that we see this wordmark in a Chargers endzone.

 

SD_2015%5E3.png

 

 

Raiders 2015

 

OAK_2015%5E2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Detroit Lions 1983 50th Anniversary Season

 

This field was one of the most unique in the history of the Pontiac Silverdome. There where few pictures of the field for that year, and it took me 5 weeks to hand draw out the 50th Anniversary logo.

 

DET_1983%5E1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Detroit Lions 1983 50th Anniversary Season

 

This field was one of the most unique in the history of the Pontiac Silverdome. There where few pictures of the field for that year, and it took me 5 weeks to hand draw out the 50th Anniversary logo.

 

DET_1983%5E1.png

 

zYDU7KS.png

 

Figured I'd get a close up of the midfield logo. It was too much work for me to attempt on this field, so I'm glad you got it done.

 

There are a number of other Lions fields (thanks to @SFCOM1) that were added to the Gridiron Fields Database recently as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey pitt6, could you do an alternate Saints endzone for? Where it says “New Orleans” in the same font? I don’t need (I don’t really “need” any of it) the whole field, but just the endzone. I was looking on Google, they got some pretty good ones, but the N’s and I’s are way off. Could you do this for me? Please, take your time if you need to. I don’t need it immediately. Here’s a sample, but the L is too high and the I and T are way off. And you could probably make a better E, too. https://goo.gl/images/Y1aTBK

Edited by Kylo Ren
Forgot to add the sample. Lol.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Kylo Ren said:

Hey pitt6, could you do an alternate Saints endzone for? Where it says “New Orleans” in the same font? I don’t need (I don’t really “need” any of it) the whole field, but just the endzone. I was looking on Google, they got some pretty good ones, but the N’s and I’s are way off. Could you do this for me? Please, take your time if you need to. I don’t need it immediately. Here’s a sample, but the L is too high and the I and T are way off. And you could probably make a better E, too. https://goo.gl/images/Y1aTBK

 

I think this font gets it closest. For just the "NEW ORLEANS" part this works pretty well. Just the "L" needs adjustment. The "T" is just nowhere close.

new-orleans-saints-wide.png

Interestingly enough, there is this Saints wordmark with a dotted i.

B7vi-h-CUAAY8PS.png

 

Not sure when I'll have the time to get around to it. May be a little while with how busy things have been lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2018 at 5:58 AM, pitt6pack said:

 

I think this font gets it closest. For just the "NEW ORLEANS" part this works pretty well. Just the "L" needs adjustment. The "T" is just nowhere close.

new-orleans-saints-wide.png

Interestingly enough, there is this Saints wordmark with a dotted i.

B7vi-h-CUAAY8PS.png

 

Not sure when I'll have the time to get around to it. May be a little while with how busy things have been lately.

Interesting. I don't really like the dotted i. No hurry. I can wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, Kylo Ren said:

Interesting. I don't really like the dotted i. No hurry. I can wait.

 

EUHoiDp.png

 

q9LNvmm.png

 

I tried some colored endzones for this (mostly because I don't have the time right now to do the outline of NEW ORLEANS). I think the black looks pretty good, but the New Orleans endzone looks a little cramped to me due ti the width of the wordmark, but not too bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 2:46 PM, pitt6pack said:

 

EUHoiDp.png

 

q9LNvmm.png

 

I tried some colored endzones for this (mostly because I don't have the time right now to do the outline of NEW ORLEANS). I think the black looks pretty good, but the New Orleans endzone looks a little cramped to me due ti the width of the wordmark, but not too bad.

Those look great! Would you mind emailing the full sizes to me (please)? I never realized you posted this. The website doesn’t email me about replies. Once again, those look great. I mean GREAT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

@cjpowerbomb  Nice work on the fields. I love the era of KC fields where they had the dueling helmets. Always a lot of work put into the Chiefs grass fields form the 60's and 70's. No wonder George Toma, who was in charge of grounds keeping, was in charge of the Super Bowl fields. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

So I'm guessing the Chiefs regularly had their opponents' helmet painted on the field...unless the Raiders secretly played select home games in KC ?

 

From all the video I've seen from that era, it was always the away team's helmet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is one of the old time Lions fields I have been working on. Based on a Game in October of 1994 vs Green Bay, This Lions field features a darker sliver in the end zones and helmet logo. As well as the NFL 75th Anniversary logos on the 30 yard lines, and the "Year of the Fan" logo in the opposite corner of the endzone. 

 

 

Lions%201994.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And here are updated files for Texas Stadium

 

The Classic "White border" fields of the late 80's to early 90's

 

Texas%20Stadium%2090.png

 

and the first field with the Texas Stadium Logo on it. 

Texas%20Stadium_1.png

Edited by SFCOM1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2021 Week 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.