NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

1 hour ago, brathwaiteboy25 said:

1994 Arrowhead Stadium 45NjWIJ.jpg

I don't want to have to say this, but I feel like I have to.

You are getting major details wrong on every field you post. This field is nowhere near accurate.

- Chiefs logo at midfield is way too big

- Chiefs logo at midfield is not the correct dimensions (looks too tall)

- The number font is wrong

- College hashes on the field, but I don't think any college hashes would have been present (I may be wrong about that)

- NFL 75th anniversary logos are not the correct size

- KC in the Chiefs logo on the right side of the endzone is literally backwards

- None of the endzone logos are are properly centered

- Chiefs wordmark is low resolution

- The endzones are orange

I like to see fields, but accuracy is important. That's the whole point of this thread. I sometimes spend hours on a single field to make sure I get every last detail right. The details matter, and you aren't even getting the major and obvious details correct. I know I'm being mean or whatever saying this, but if you aren't going to put the time and effort into doing the fields right don't do them at all, because you're just spamming the discussion boards with low quality posts.

• Like 6

aez2tzy.png

The Final Game at Tiger Stadium for the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day November 28th, 1974. Denver Broncos 31, Detroit Lions 27

Edited by SFCOM1
Image did not post

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

@SFCOM1 these fields are great! I'll put them up on the GFD soon, but we are in the middle of moving to a different web server at the moment.

Interesting to see how the placement and size of numbers has changed over time, and has become more standard. Same with the usage of hashmarks at the center of the field, and then later on the sidelines. Some fields, like Super Bowl I, even had the hash marks on the sidelines them selves within the think white strip, while others had the hashmarks on the outside of a thinner sideline.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, pitt6pack said:

@SFCOM1 these fields are great! I'll put them up on the GFD soon, but we are in the middle of moving to a different web server at the moment.

Interesting to see how the placement and size of numbers has changed over time, and has become more standard. Same with the usage of hashmarks at the center of the field, and then later on the sidelines. Some fields, like Super Bowl I, even had the hash marks on the sidelines them selves within the think white strip, while others had the hashmarks on the outside of a thinner sideline.

No problem, Let me know when the new server is up. I have a few more updates I am finishing on, like fields from the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. And I have started on the old USFL fields. Michigan, Oakland, Philly, and Houston are done. Working on Arizona (Wranglers and Outlaws), Chicago, Tampa Bay, Washington, and Boston/New England.

13 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Fresh off the NFL rule book. The 2018 Field Diagram

tvQZgsT.png

Interesting seeing the team logo box in the middle of the field. It almost seems like that makes a team logo a field requirement, but the Jets/Giants use the NFL logo, and the Browns went without a logo, and the Raiders go without a logo during baseball season. Interesting that the digram leaves out the width of the hashes and numbers. I remember seeing that in the rule book you sent me in the past.

But the most interesting thing that I see here, is the width of the field. 150 feet. That looks like a typo, because football fields are 160 feet (53 1/3 yards). I don't believe that would have changed without hearing about it, because taking 10 feet, or 3 1/3 yards, off the field seems like a rule we would have heard about.

1 minute ago, SFCOM1 said:

No problem, Let me know when the new server is up. I have a few more updates I am finishing on, like fields from the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. And I have started on the old USFL fields. Michigan, Oakland, Philly, and Houston are done. Working on Arizona (Wranglers and Outlaws), Chicago, Tampa Bay, Washington, and Boston/New England.

Great! I'm really intrigued to see the USFL fields. I haven't even looked into them much at all, so I'm looking forward to those.

1 minute ago, pitt6pack said:

Interesting seeing the team logo box in the middle of the field. It almost seems like that makes a team logo a field requirement, but the Jets/Giants use the NFL logo, and the Browns went without a logo, and the Raiders go without a logo during baseball season. Interesting that the digram leaves out the width of the hashes and numbers. I remember seeing that in the rule book you sent me in the past.

But the most interesting thing that I see here, is the width of the field. 150 feet. That looks like a typo, because football fields are 160 feet (53 1/3 yards). I don't believe that would have changed without hearing about it, because taking 10 feet, or 3 1/3 yards, off the field seems like a rule we would have heard about.

It is. I am working on one that fits our field profile. The NFL rule book was badly messed up.

1 minute ago, pitt6pack said:

Great! I'm really intrigued to see the USFL fields. I haven't even looked into them much at all, so I'm looking forward to those.

I really liked most of them.Michigan (Pontiac Silverdome), Tampa Bay, and Memphis went all out on the field designs. Houston was mostly the field and did not put down the turf for the baseball cutouts. Philly, Oakland, Washington and Chicago where the regular fields (Though Philly replaced the Eagles logos with USFL and Stars logo)