NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

2 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Yep, not sure if they are putting the team name in the end zones. But they had "Arizona" in both yesterday. nd no red striping on the 20's either. 

Speaking of displaced 49ers, in 1989 they had to play at Stanford Stadium. I remember the field numbers being on the field twice. One at college placement and one at the NFL placement. 

iq5b7nF.png

I've been doing some experimenting with adding "snow" to fields for snow games. I don't think I've perfected the method just yet, but this is what I've got so far:

Lighter snow game:

Qy8hE6r.jpg

Heavier snow game:

JgQXGWs.jpg

Still trying to get the balance down right, before I start adding actual snow fields for real games (these images are for fields for teams in the GSL).

Once I get to a point where I like how the snow looks, I'll start going back through time and adding snow to fields for snow games. Right now, I can do this in paint, but I'm open to suggestions for other methods.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I've been doing some experimenting with adding "snow" to fields for snow games. I don't think I've perfected the method just yet, but this is what I've got so far:

Lighter snow game:

Qy8hE6r.jpg

Heavier snow game:

JgQXGWs.jpg

Still trying to get the balance down right, before I start adding actual snow fields for real games (these images are for fields for teams in the GSL).

Once I get to a point where I like how the snow looks, I'll start going back through time and adding snow to fields for snow games. Right now, I can do this in paint, but I'm open to suggestions for other methods.

Here's what I would do...

1. Throw your field PNG into power point

2. Draw a rectangle over your field

3. Fill the rectangle with texture, such as Newsprint for example

4. Change your transparency as needed

5. Select all, and save as picture

Voila!

spacer.png

• Like 8

2 hours ago, RBronish said:

Voila!

spacer.png

Incredible.

12 hours ago, RBronish said:

Voila!

spacer.png

I guess I'll have to contribute also. 😂😂😂

spacer.png

• Like 17

iq5b7nF.png

20 hours ago, RBronish said:

Voila!

spacer.png

8 hours ago, jc... said:

I guess I'll have to contribute also. 😂😂😂

spacer.png

Hahaha, I love both of these! Of course, no game was played in the Metrodome, but they did play in icy conditions at the Badgers field that year.

I think I've found a set of snow textures I like for now, and I can vary the amount of snow.

I just have to post links for now, but here's some games:

2020 Chiefs at Broncos: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/DEN/r1024/DEN_2020^2.png

2019 Broncos at Chiefs: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/KC/r1024/KC_2019^4.png

2017 Colts at Bills: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/BUF/r1024/BUF_2017^2.png

2016 Steelers at Bills: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/images/regular-season/BUF/r1024/BUF_2016^2.png

And here's the link for the entire Week 14 of 2013, which included 4 snow games:

Lions at Eagles

Chiefs at (Washington Football Team)

Dolphins at Steelers (crazy game that almost ended in a muli-latteral Antonio Brown touchdown)

Vikings at Ravens (crazy game that had 5 or 6 touchdowns in the final few minutes, and 4 in the last 2 minutes)

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2013&week=14&league=NFL

• Like 4

One of the games that needs to be done is the game on Thanksgiving Night Nov. 25, 1993 Miami Dolhpins vs Dallas Cowboys! at Texas Stadium

"Leon Lett,  NO!!!"

• Like 4

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 weeks later...

State Farm Stadium Arizona Cardinals vs Philadelphia Eagles. December 20, 2020

zOtnzC5.png

New grass being added in. With the Playstation Fiesta Bowl being played on January 2, 2021

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jc... said:

Today's field was quite interesting. Made it work for not expecting a game to be played the day after the Fiesta Bowl. 

Yeah, didn't look pretty, but it was interesting. Should be a fun field to put together.

• Like 3

2020 Week 17 - 49ers Frankenfield in Phoenix

v0fLkvN.png

It doesn't get more Frankenfield than this. With a short turn around between games, I'm not sure that there was much more that could have been done for this field.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Had some time to get back into some fields, and since I was way behind on the Dolphins, I got 5 more seasons done, from 2009 through 2013, which ended up being 25 distinct field designs (can't post them all of course, but you know where to find them).

Here are some of my favorites from those years:

2009 week 2

MIA_2009%5E1.png

2009 week 13

MIA_2009%5E6.png

2012 weeks 12, 13, 15, 16

MIA_2012%5E3.png

2013 weeks 13, 14, 17

MIA_2013%5E5.png

• Like 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2001-2008 Dolphins

Added more Dolphins fields, now dating back to 2001.

As always, the full set of fields is on the Gridiron Fields Database:

https://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=MIA&city=Miami&name=Dolphins

Early season baseball 1996-2007 (the 1995 field is almost exactly the same, but there is a change in the field numbers)

MIA_1996-2005%5E1.png

2001 Wild Card Playoffs

MIA_2001%5Ewc.png

2002-2003 late season

MIA_2002-2003%5E4.png

2004 Monday night late season

MIA_2004%5E3.png

2008 Wild Card Playoffs (had this one before, but I updated it)

MIA_2008%5Ewc.png

• Like 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - Giants @ Jets 1984 (07/28/2021)
  • pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - Chargers 2013 (08/18/2021)

I've been putting off the Chargers fields for far too long. Like the Dolphins, the Chargers have many fields each year. In 2013 they had 6 unique fields. I've added 4 bellow, but as always, all the fields I do end up on the Gridiron Fields Database: https://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=main

SD_2013%5E3.png

SD_2013%5E2.png

SD_2013%5E6.png

SD_2013%5E4.png

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2021 Week 1

2021 Week 1

I'm only posting the new fields for 2021 that we haven't seen before.

The rest of week 1 can be found here: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/

Carolina Panthers

The Panthers moved to an artificial field this season (I'm personally not a fan of artificial fields). They have a very similar design to last year, except the wordmarks in the endzone are black and outlined in blue, as opposed to blue outlined in white last season.

CAR_2021%5E1.png

New Orleans Saints (or the Jacksonville Saints?)

The Saints of course had to play their home game in Jacksonville yesterday, but the field design was close to their normal field design. The number font remained the Jaguars number font. The logo at midfield was slightly smaller than what the Saints use in the Superdome, the wordmark in the endzone had a thinner gold outline than what the Saints typically use in the Superdome.

NO_2021%5E2.png

Los Angeles Rams

The Rams are one team that does artificial turf right. They have used a number of unique field designs over the past couple of years, since moving to Los Angeles. The Rams certainly get the most unique field design of the weekend award.

LAR_2021%5E1.png

• Like 1

Here's a fun one that I forgot to put together a couple years ago.

2011 Week 4 Saints @ Jaguars

The directional arrows on the bottom right numbers were all facing the wrong direction, accounting for much of the Jaguars poor offensive performance that day.

JAX_2011%5E3.png

• Like 2