NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

Finally finished the complete field history for the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

The full history can be seen here: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=JAX&city=Jacksonville&name=Jaguars

Fields by week can be seen by browsing through the Jaguars seasons here: http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=JAX

Here are some of the more interesting fields (that I haven't already posted)

1995 Week 1

U0cEBrc.png

1995 Week 17 (first appearance of Santa Jaguar, which lasted from the 1995 to 2000 season)

x4UeE6e.png

1998 Wild Card Playoffs - Oh, late 90's fonts

ptxlF5Q.png

2004 10th Anniversary Season

mcm52ZA.png

2005 Weeks 9 and 10

GvYRDiC.png

• Like 2

Here's the complete history of the Santa Jaguar (1995-2000)

The hat was painted differently for each of these seasons, so it seems that the grounds crew just came up with the design on the fly each season.

x4UeE6e.png

04VCIeh.png

WjQGolB.png

b0Puzgs.png

Oz5T8kf.png

D6Xg7Ea.png

• Like 5

On 11/11/2020 at 4:11 PM, pitt6pack said:

2005 Weeks 9 and 10

GvYRDiC.png

One of my least favorite end zone designs: partially painted end zones. They were all the craze in the aughts (Steelers and Titans jumped in as well), and it feels like someone who can't make up their mind. It's not difficult: just paint the whole damn thing.

Part of me hates the wacky design of the Jaguars' 90s fields, but another part of me loves them. If anything, their fields were more inspired back then, certainly more than they are now.

• Like 6

NSFCvyu.png

I believe I finally perfected the Arizona Cardinals font, back in the old Sun Devil Stadium days, So Here is a piviotal game in that stadium Decemeber 28th, 2003. The day the Cardnals' knocked the Minnesota Vikings out of the Playoffs. 

iqQLTkn.png

Edited by SFCOM1
spelling and updated field
  • Like 2

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

1 hour ago, SFCOM1 said:

I believe I finally perfected the Arizona Cardinals font, back in the old Sun Devil Stadium days, So Here is a piviotal game in that stadium Decemeber 28th, 2003. The day the Cardnals' knocked the Minnesota Vikings out of the Playoffs. 

9RWaYS9.png

Very nice! I've been dreading having to figure out this font, so I'm glad you figured it out.

Interesting that they kept the 2-point conversion line at the 3 yard line (the college distance of course) for this game. One small detail that can easily be overlooked, so good catch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Very nice! I've been dreading having to figure out this font, so I'm glad you figured it out.

Interesting that they kept the 2-point conversion line at the 3 yard line (the college distance of course) for this game. One small detail that can easily be overlooked, so good catch.

It was supposed to be painted over, I have a little tweeking on this field before it is done, There are 5 diffrent versions of this field over the nearly 15 years before they canged to the current uniforms and alogs. I just updated the field. Removing the "X" for the kick off lines. And the painted extra point line and moved it to the 2 yd .

Edited by SFCOM1
Updated

January 2nd, 2005 The Last game before the new Logo and uniform took over. And the day after Utah vs Pittsburgh in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl!  Arizona Cardinals vs Tampa Bay.Bucs

JkKueEK.png

• Like 2

Here are several more of the fileds used by the Arizona Cardinals prior to moving to State Farm Stadium (Formerly University of Phoenix Stadium)

Ld66obL.png

Early Season

jewzNKG.png

Standard Season look

On 11/19/2020 at 5:11 AM, JWhiz96 said:

One of my least favorite end zone designs: partially painted end zones. They were all the craze in the aughts (Steelers and Titans jumped in as well), and it feels like someone who can't make up their mind. It's not difficult: just paint the whole damn thing.

I think they did that to cover up markings from game the previous day.

@SFCOM1 I don't remember that font all that much. Back then we had NFL Primetime and hoped you caught it in the highlights. Not like RedZone and YouTube we have today for research. Well done as always!

iq5b7nF.png

On 11/27/2020 at 8:57 AM, jc... said:

I think they did that to cover up markings from game the previous day.

@SFCOM1 I don't remember that font all that much. Back then we had NFL Primetime and hoped you caught it in the highlights. Not like RedZone and YouTube we have today for research. Well done as always!

You are correct good Sir, A lot of the fully painted fields in the Cardinals time in Sun Devil Stadium, where to cover up either a Fiesta Bowl, or special ASU game field. And on the font it took me two weeks to work out the font for the end zone. And I have one more field to work on, The Special Christmas field that was Buddy Ryans last game as Cardinals coach. 

On 11/23/2020 at 11:45 PM, SFCOM1 said:

January 2nd, 2005 The Last game before the new Logo and uniform took over. And the day after Utah vs Pittsburgh in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl!  Arizona Cardinals vs Tampa Bay.Bucs

JkKueEK.png

Here is the video of the field being changed from the Fiesta Bowl to this field

https://youtu.be/tOrlF6y3DPQ

• Like 3
yalSCLI.png
spacer.png
JnGTN1H.png

13 minutes ago, jc... said:

While on the subject of Cardinals, they had the NFL shield at mid-field, most likely because the 49ers are going to be bunkmates for a little while. 

Yep, not sure if they are putting the team name in the end zones. But they had "Arizona" in both yesterday. nd no red striping on the 20's either.