NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

I modified the 1986 AFC Championship field for the previous week's Jets-Browns playoff game, actually it is the fairly basic Browns' field of that era..

January 3, 1987 - AFC Divisional Playoffs

Jets - 20 @ Browns - 23 OT

CLE_1987.png

Looks good. I used the full size field to make an update, which really only is an increase in resolution.

avhbBx1.png

1943 Washington Redskins

hG5Gr6d.png

I'm just assuming the Redskins didn't change there field throughout the year. This was from week 9 vs Detroit.

Is it Ok if you do the previous 2 pro bowls

I will probably do them eventually, but maybe after this years ProBowl.

Another suggestion,

2000 AFC Wild Card Game Tennessee Titans vs Buffalo Bills and everybody knows what happened with :16 left in the game

there is no full game footage but I think this might work.

This should be enough to work with. It's basically their current field with a slight adjustment to the wordmark in the endzone, and the endzone logos.

This is a great topic! I never understood why in the AFC Championship games, the home team would put the opposing teams name in the other end zone. Seattle at LA Raiders had this as well. I remember being mad because the BRONCOS did not put BROWNS in their end zone at Mile High.

Quick Note- The Drive game at Cleveland had green end zones. The end zones were not painted brown. The entire field was basically painted green to look like grass. Some angles the end zones appear darker, if you notice one the close up shots at the goal line... you can see they are green.

0:39 Seconds in. And disgustingly at 8:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWGx_P9KPZg

Ok here are a couple of fields I have made

The last Field in the Pontiac Silverdome (December 2001)

Siverdome%20field.png

and Texas Stadium (old field with the giant white sidelines) 1996-2002

Texas%20Stadium.png

Minor edit for the Lions field. Fitting the profile to fit in the GIDB

Edited by SFCOM1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Ok here are a couple of fields I have made

The last Field in the Pontiac Silverdome (December 2001)

Silverdome%20full.png

Texas%20Stadium.png

Awesome. I'll set up links in the first post.

This is a great topic! I never understood why in the AFC Championship games, the home team would put the opposing teams name in the other end zone. Seattle at LA Raiders had this as well. I remember being mad because the BRONCOS did not put BROWNS in their end zone at Mile High.

Quick Note- The Drive game at Cleveland had green end zones. The end zones were not painted brown. The entire field was basically painted green to look like grass. Some angles the end zones appear darker, if you notice one the close up shots at the goal line... you can see they are green.

0:39 Seconds in. And disgustingly at 8:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWGx_P9KPZg

The endzones seem to be darker in every shot I see, so it must be a darker green if they did add green paint. The week prior they didn't paint the endzones so I'll make the change with a darker green in the endzones.

EDIT: I made the updates

1944 Chicago BearsCHI-B_1944.thumb.png.a9275a28d90a67cc7a9

This is Wrigley field, and the grey areas are the stands which come out onto the field. 

To the Admins (if any find themselves reading this), being able to do direct uploads from my computer is probably the best update I've seen to the site so far. I'm excited to see the finished product. I'd just say though to remove the <br />'s after returns. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2016 at 6:11 PM, SFCOM1 said:

Texas%20Stadium.png

Is there an explanation for the darker turf patch between the 40 and 35 on the bottom left? I've seen that in video clips (as well as seemingly-perpetual water stains on the turf).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

2 hours ago, slapshot said:

Is there an explanation for the darker turf patch between the 40 and 35 on the bottom left? I've seen that in video clips (as well as seemingly-perpetual water stains on the turf).

The darker area is a replacement patch in the turf. The "Water Spot" stains where due to the un-even drying at Texas Stadium with the roof open Permanently.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another "Historic Field" for the Lions!

Pontiac Silverdome, Thanksgiving Day November 27th,1980

Chicago Bears  23 vs Detroit Lions 17 OT. 

zOutlined_Template.png

Edited by SFCOM1
Spelling and added correct date with score

11 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

As always, I love your work. Your dedication to accuracy is so impressive.

I'd love to see some more recent Patriots ones. I'd say maybe from one of the last games at Foxboro Stadium, or one from a playoff game.

Thanks, and here is the last game at Foxboro Stadium (the tuck rule game) ...

All I can really remember about this game was the tuck rule game and my dad being really mad over that play (I guess he would have preferred playing the Raiders over the Patriots in the AFC championship). I'll see if I can get a better looking field together though that isn't covered in snow.

2 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Amd another "Historic" field for the Detroit Lions. The field that Barry Sanders debuit occured on

Pontiac Silverdome September 10th, 1989

sanders_lions.png

These are great. would you happen to know how long those particular fields were in use?

Patriots 2006 early season grass

NE_2006_1.thumb.png.cffbf1b7157b72664c54

I'm having some hard times finding a good image of Foxboro stadium in '01, but if I had to guess it would be like this field except with just the wordmark in the endzones and no Gillette Stadium logos. I found an image for this field though and it looked so nice I had to make it.