NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

On 9/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, packerfan21396 said:

I think this font is the one being used on their team website and digital materials as well.  As a result, the "ATLANTA FALCONS" in the endzone and the field numbers are probably both Kairos Sans Condensed Bold.

Yep, that's the font! Thanks! I was able to blow up the text from the preview (I'm not paying $50 for a font) and get everything on the field.

Week 1 2020 - Part 1

There were a number of field changes this year. Most teams actually had some significant changes. I'll get through all fields from this past week.

On an NFL level, no more kickoff weekend logo on the field, but instead KICKOFF painted on the sidelines. It'll be interesting to see if we see the same for Thanksgiving, and maybe even the playoffs (not replacing the playoff logos, but possibly just PLAYOFFs on the sidelines).

Atlanta Falcons

New number font, which does not match the uniforms, but does match the font for "ATLANTA" and "FALCONS" in the endzone (thanks to @packerfan21396 for finding the font). The midfield logo is larger, now spanning 18 yards, up from about 15 yards last year. And finally, big changes in the endzone, and one of the more unique designs in the league.

ATL_2020%5E1.png

Baltimore Ravens

No real changes from last year, but the "MO" was painted gold in honor of a fan.

BAL_2020%5E1.png

Buffalo Bills

No notable changes from last year (which they had gotten new turf last year)

BUF_2020%5E1.png

Carolina Panthers

A pretty big change for the Panthers endzones this year. From 2012 through 2019, the Panthers had used the same black endzone with large blue wordmarks. This year, the wordmarks are much smaller, no painted endzones, and have a white outline. I could see later in the season the endzones being painted black again, but we'll have to wait and see.

CAR_2020%5E1.png

Week 1 2020 - Part 2

Cincinnati Bengals

No real changes from last year

CIN_2020%5E1.png

Denver Broncos

A change in the endzone for the Broncos this year. Really, their first major endzone change since the early 2000s (other than the 2009 season). The wordmark is smaller, and has a thinner white outline. The left part of the endzone now has the old logo from the mid 90s. I'm a fan of this change, and using old logos, which the Broncos have been using more since the addition of their color rush set, using the old logo.

DEN_2020%5E1.png

Detroit Lions

No real changes since last year

DET_2020%5E1.png

Jacksonville Jaguars

The biggest change would be the removal of logos from the endzones. Now the endzones just include the wordmark. (Last year, they had the 25th anniversary logo, and the NFL 100 logo in the endzone)

JAX_2020%5E1.png

• Like 3

Week 1 2020 - Part 3

Kansas City Chiefs

No real changes from last year

KC_2020%5E1.png

Los Angeles Rams

New stadium, new field. The embarrassing LA logo makes its field debut in each endzone. Fortunately, they have the Ram head logo at midfield to balance things out. In the original field renderings they had planned to also have the LA logo at midfield. I'm glad to see that the logos are painted on, as opposed to sewn in. In gives room for flexibility on the field design. I do miss the rams playing on a grass field though. LA teams just look much better on grass in the open air. 

LAR_2020%5E1.png

Minnesota Vikings

No real changes from last year (the NFL logos are in different positions however)

MIN_2020%5E1.png

New England Patriots

The big change, of course, is the number font, which is a similar font to the wordmark. The lighthouse color changes stay from last year. I think the number font is an improvement, especially for the Patriots, who really had an odd number font before. 

NE_2020%5E1.png

• Like 2

Week 1 2020 - Part 4

New Orleans Saints

No changes from last year

NO_2020%5E1.png

New York Giants

I have covered these changes already, but, the NFC logo has been booted from the endzone in favor of another "NY" logo. The removal of conference logos in the NFL continues.

NYG_2020%5E1.png

San Francisco 49ers

One of the last remaining teams to recognize that conferences exist, is the 49ers. Their field is the same as last year, which is great, because it's one of the best fields in the league right now. The only change, is that the NFL logo on the top right 25 yard line is upside down when viewed on TV (not sure if that will change, or stick throughout the season)

SF_2020%5E1.png

Washington Football Team

Lastly, the Washington Football Team. NFL logo at midfield is what we'd expected. The endzones are burgundy. In early renderings, they were possibly going to be gold, but I do think the burgundy is the better choice. The new wordmark isn't bad. I think just using "WASHINGTON" would be better in the endzones, but I understand that the Football Team is really trying to keep their past connected to the new name.

WFT_2020%5E1.png

That's it for week 1. Week 2 features all the away teams from this week as home teams next week, so we should know the 2020 field designs for all teams by next week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

Can you tell me what font the Patriots use now and where you found it?

I'm not actually sure what the real font is for the field numbers. I just took a block font as a base, and modified it to match the numbers on the field.

Awesome job@pitt6pack. Sorry I have been off the boards for a long time. I have been working really long hours @ the Home Depot call center, and now working at home as a Home Depot chat associate. It will free me up again to get some stuff done (Like finishing those pesky USFL Fields). 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I've got a Browns mystery logo from 2004 Week 1. I'd greatly appreciate if someone could identify this one for me. The logo appears in the right of each endzone. Looks to be a 40th anniversary logo, but I can't figure out what for, so my google image searches have been coming up empty.

zbkJFVv.png

SV9lZ2H.png

NmEOAB7.png

The above screen shots were taken from this video:

And one more image I found

GettyImages-51336127-775x465.jpg

36 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

I've got a Browns mystery logo from 2004 Week 1. I'd greatly appreciate if someone could identify this one for me. The logo appears in the right of each endzone. Looks to be a 40th anniversary logo, but I can't figure out what for, so my google image searches have been coming up empty.

SV9lZ2H.png

NmEOAB7.png

The above screen shots were taken from this video:

And one more image I found

GettyImages-51336127-775x465.jpg

My guess is it's the 40th anniversary of the Browns last championship in 1964 which was against the Colts

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

2 hours ago, cjpowerbomb said:

My guess is it's the 40th anniversary of the Browns last championship in 1964 which was against the Colts

Yeah, you're right it is the 40th Anniversary of the 1964 NFL Championship.  Couldn't find a flat logo with that coloring, but here's a textured logo from a poster that shows you at least what the details are:

H1116-L144281396.jpg

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

My thoughts on the 2020 fields we've seen so far:

Falcons: The midfield logo is too large and obnoxious in my opinion. They really had to span it from both 40s? They make up for this with the unique end zone design though, gotta admit I'm a fan.

Ravens: Good field as usual, though I'm still upset they ditched the number and yard-line trimming.

Bills: Good as usual, though the NFL logos at the 25s are a bit large.

Panthers: Clean and succinct, better than many teams, but a clear downgrade from their longtime design. Hopefully they return to the painted end zones later on.

Bengals: Still the best end zone design in the league, but the field is still a downgrade from the 2005 design (I know it's not returning, still pining for it though).

Broncos: Massive upgrade with the classic logo in the end zones, good field.

Lions: I'll never get tired of seeing the Honolulu blue end zones in Detroit. Good field.

Jaguars: At some point, this team needs to solidify its field design. Much like their unis, the team seems to have an identity crisis and can't figure out what it wants. The current field is not terrible, but like the uniforms, is among the most boring in the league.

Chiefs: Downgrade by returning to one of the more boring designs in the league.

Rams: For how bad their logos and uniforms are, the field is actually decent. Can't complain.

Vikings: Still my favorite field in the league.

Patriots: Decent field, good number font change.

Saints: Much like their uniforms, this field has frustrated me since it debuted in the early-00s. For all the versatility they have on Field Turf and in a dome, they continually use the most boring field design in the league. I understand the dome hosts plenty of events annually, but they could at least have stitched "Saints" end zones in reserve like the Cowboys and Giants. It just reeks of laziness.

Giants: Speaking of the G-Men, their field was downgraded by the lack of a conference logo, as already mentioned by pitt6pack.

49ers: Still among the best designs in the leauge.

WFT: Honestly, an upgrade due to the fully-painted end zones. The gold wordmark in the burgundy end zone just works so well.

NSFCvyu.png

I've been working on the Browns fields back through 1995 (I had gotten 1994 done already). There are way too many variations in fields, so I will only post the more interesting ones here. For the full set of Browns fields, they're on the GUD, as always: http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=CLE&city=Cleveland&name=Browns

1995 - Last season as the "old Browns"

CLE_1995%5E1.png

1999 - First season as the "new Browns"

CLE_1999%5E1.png

CLE_2000%5E2.png

CLE_2001%5E1.png

2002 early season

CLE_2002%5E2.png

2002 late season

CLE_2002%5E3.png

CLE_2003%5E4.png

2004 week 1

CLE_2004%5E1.png

CLE_2004%5E2.png

CLE_2006%5E4.png

CLE_2007%5E2.png

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 8:58 AM, pitt6pack said:

The removal of conference logos in the NFL continues.

Well the addition of the AFC logo in Cleveland's end zone reverses this trend and looks good here  ..its a nice field and an even though I generally agree about preferring full color end zones, I think this is an upgrade over the past couple years.  The striping on the 50 is nice, although I think either the NFL shield or Cleveland's helmet would be better than nothing at midfield. 

2020 Week 2 - Part I

Arizona

No real changes

ARZ_2020%5E1.png

Chicago

No real changes

CHI_2020%5E1.png

Cleveland

Already posted this one, but putting here again with the rest of the week 2 fields

CLE_2020%5E1.png

Dallas

No real changes

DAL_2020%5E1.png

Green Bay

Midfield logo is slightly smaller than in years past.

GB_2020%5E1.png

Houston

No real changes

HOU_2020%5E1.png

Indianapolis

Despite the wordmark change, the field is about the same as before. The helmet at midfield has slightly changed, but overall, the field is the exact same look. I think it would have been better if they had used the new wordmark font for the endzones, and even used their new number font for the numbers (which is the trend these days).

IND_2020%5E1.png

Los Angeles Chargers

Really not a bad field. Painted endzones in nice. The lightning emoji gives more color to the endzones (although, I still think the use of an emoji is odd, but maybe I'm just getting old). The midfield logo is a bit large, but still looks nice. I'm glad that the midfield for this shared stadium is customized to the team, and not just an NFL logo, like in New York.

LAC_2020%5E1.png

• Like 2