NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

4 hours ago, DaninMS said:

When you say hand draw do you mean you actually sketch it on paper and scan it in or just use a mouse or tablet ? 

I used my mouse and the circle control on my graphics program. and then sized up to the proper scale. 

• Like 1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, A lot of work over the past few years have gone on since I started. But I can not but also shout out @pitt6pack and @cjbpowerbomb for their work as well. Combined with others who have sent suggestions and pics to us here on the treads, has lead to the creation of the Gridiron Fields Database, a part of the Gridiron Uniform Database where all the fields have been placed for historical use and updated periodically. Go check it out. We have fields dating back to the 40's and the AAF(which has recently gone the way of the dodo). And we hope to add the USFL in as I continue to complete those fields. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Looks like new field turf going down at Ford Field. The end zones are Honolulu Blue, and the actual field is a lighter shade of green, closer to the color to the turf used in the Pontiac Silverdome. 

D6is8rxUEAAcqQi.png:large

Edited by SFCOM1
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, SFCOM1 said:

Looks like new field turf going down at Ford Field. The end zones are Honolulu Blue, and the actual field is a lighter shade of green, closer to the color to the turf used in the Pontiac Silverdome. 

D6is8rxUEAAcqQi.png:large

Interesting that it looks like the endzone color is sewn in now, like Dallas or Minnesota. I'm wondering if they are going to cut out and place sections for the wordmark and logo at midfield. It seems like the trend these days, rather than painting the turf fields that aren't multipurpose.

Doing a little research, there are 8 sewn in turf fields of 13

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Dallas

??? Detroit ???

Indianapolis

Minnesota

NY Giants

NY Jets

Dallas hosts a number of college games a year, but they have a separate field turf for those games. Minnesota shares with college baseball, but that's also a separate field during the NFL off season. I believe MetLife has a separate college field turf they can roll out as well as Indianapolis, for games like the B1G championship.

and 5 painted on turf fields of 13

Atlanta

Houston (Midfield logo is sewn in though, not sure about endzones)

New England

New Orleans

Seattle

For the painted fields, Atlanta gets used often for college games, and New England and Seattle share with MLS teams.

Personally I like the painted fields better, because it gives more options for variety. Houston and Seattle both have multiple field styles a year, and last year Detroit had two different field styles. I always like the touch of painting the endzones red in Houston when they wear red. Seattle in 2016 even painted their endzones green to match the color rush jerseys in 2016.

• Like 1

I think with Detroit they are cutting in everything except the wording in the end zones and "Bubbles" in the center of the field. Ford field is used way too much for other football events. Though a field "overlay" might be used at mid field for the logo.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:31 PM, SFCOM1 said:

I think with Detroit they are cutting in everything except the wording in the end zones and "Bubbles" in the center of the field. Ford field is used way too much for other football events. Though a field "overlay" might be used at mid field for the logo.

I agree with you. I think if this was a Lions, or NFL specific field, the inner hash marks would be sewn in also. 

iq5b7nF.png

Here is the finished installed turf for Ford Field. Looks like everything is cut in. Except the wording in the End Zone, NFL logos on the 25 yard lines, and the mid-field logo "Bubbles" 

D7NtraaXYAE2blN.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 12:56 PM, SFCOM1 said:

Here is my attempt for the NFL100 Logo that is on the 25 yard lines.

Kik6NNa.png

I've got a pretty accurate version done, I just haven't uploaded it anywhere in order to post. I have the Cardinals 2019 field updated. Just got to get to the rest.

Looks like not all the fields will be adding the NFL 100 logo (or at least not yet anyways). The Steelers typically do not add an NFL logo to their field until the Pitt Panthers are done, so I'd expect December 1st would be the first game the NFL 100 logo appears in the endzone for the Steelers.

MetLife did add the NFL 100 logo to the field at the 25 yard lines, although they don't put the NFL logo there in other years, since the midfield logo is the NFL logo.

• Like 1

I figured yours would be better than mine. I know teams so for I have seen are... Arizona, Detroit, and MetLife (New York),. Not sure of other areas...yet. Got a lot more to check with on NFL Network. I know a couple of teams have speciality logos, Like The bears, and some traditionally do not add the logo to the field till playoffs (LA Rams possiblly) or after scocer season (Seattle, New England, LA Chargers) Adding Minnesota (opposite orientation on the 20's), and Washington to the list. 

Edited by SFCOM1
Edited with additional information

Here's what I've got for NFL 100:

RmVwPbF.png

On the Cardinals field

JptURMh.png

2019 Arizona Cardinals

ARZ_2019%5E1.png

I think I want to see more angles from more fields before I go ahead and start updating all the fields for 2019, just so I get the dimensions correct.

It seems though, that the NFL shield logo size remained the same, and it's just the 100 part of the logo painted over top. For stadiums where the NFL shield is sewn in, I'd be interested to see if the placement on the field is not centered between the sidelines and numbers because of this.

• Like 3

2019 Buffalo Bills

BUF_2019%5E1.png

Some changes to the Bills field. Bigger midfield logo, bigger wormark in the endzone, and big NFL logo at the 25 yard lines. The Rams maybe 15/20 years ago were the last team I know of that had NFL logos at the 25s about this large. Odd decision.

Comparison to 2011-2018 field:

BUF_2016-2018%5E1.png

• Like 3

Some field changes for 2019 from week 1.

First thing is less of a change, and more of an observation. The Cardinals painting of the NFL 100 logo looks like it wasn't entirely completed at the bottom right of the first 0:

dHR6Of7.png

xIkv4Sw.png

The Browns have new endzones this year. Seems to me like they mimic the striping pattern on their pants:

1hkOOmj.png

The Jaguars also changed up their endzones. Using their 25 seasons logo, and using Jacksonville in the endzones (maybe as a callback to their 90s endzones?). NFL 100 logo takes the place of the usual NFL logo:

X03fBRa.png

And finally, the Jets look like they don't have a sewn in endzone as they used to. Just a painted endzone, which we saw in preseason. No green paint in the endzone for week 1, but I'm sure we will see it at some point this season:

ODP5JhQ.png

• Like 1

Not a fan of the Bills' field design this year. Looked better with the helmet at the 50 yard line and the red end zones years ago.

Yeah I definitely see what you're talking about with the Eagles end zone. Hope they correct that soon.

Also, this wasn't the first time the Jets didn't have a painted end zone. I'm pretty sure the Giants and Jets both used the green of the field surface at the old Meadowlands back in the early to mid 2000's.