NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

2021 Week 2

Only a couple new fields this.

Carolina Panthers

Let's start with the Panthers, who changed their endzones from just the week before, using the larger wordmarks used from 2011 to 2019, but retaining the same color and outline from last week.

CAR_2021%5E2.png

Cleveland Browns

Similar design to last year, but, old school helmet replaces the Browns helmet logo from last year, and the AFC logo from last year is replaced by the 1946 anniversary logo.

CLE_2021%5E1.png

Next week, should expect to see the 49ers throw things back a little bit with their 75th anniversary being this year as well.

• Like 3

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2021 Week 3

2021 Week 3

There was only 1 "new" field for week 3 (although the Rams did change their field to one they used often in 2020)

San Francisco 49ers

SF_2021%5E1.png

Compared to last year's field, the endzones have the old 49ers logo at the left, instead of the helmet logo. One endzone has the NFL logo, while the other retains the NFC logo. the 25 yard lines have a modified version of the 49ers 75th anniversary logo, replacing where the NFL logos were last year.

49ers 75th logo

4xJXCKI.png

49ers 75th field logo

s2sOPuu.png

Lastly, midfield has a an old style helmet, with the old 49ers logo. There's also some minor things that look to be "wrong" in the helmet's facemask, up in the upper section. There was extra gray below the top of the facemask that should be gold, and the middle segment within the helmet of the facemask is just gray, when there should be some helmet gold showing below it there as well.

We'll see if these things get fixed at any point during the season.

mbH2tpc.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed something when going back to the eagles game against the 49ers. The field is actually different this year, and it's a combination of the 2017-2020 field and the 2000s-2016 field. The wordmark isn't blown up like past years but the endzones are still green. 

Here's the best pictures I could find:

20210920-125806.jpg
20210920-125838.jpg

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

On 10/8/2021 at 2:02 PM, brathwaiteboy25 said:

You forgot to do week 4 and 5.

As someone else said, I usually don't post here unless there's some kind of change. I've just been traveling this past week, so I'm only getting around to this now.

If I don't post any fields for a week, all fields go up on the Gridiron Uniforms Database first:

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/

New York Jets @ Atlanta Falcons, London, England

INT_2021%5E1.png

New Orleans Saints @ Washington Football Team

The pink endzones are back again this year, but with the ribbons in the endzones instead of at the 25 yard lines, opposite the NFL logos.

WFT_2021%5E2.png

Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens brought back the black endzones, but with purple lettering with a white outline for this season (last year the lettering was also black with just white outlines)

BAL_2021%5E2.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NeauXone said:

I noticed something when going back to the eagles game against the 49ers. The field is actually different this year, and it's a combination of the 2017-2020 field and the 2000s-2016 field. The wordmark isn't blown up like past years but the endzones are still green. 

Here's the best pictures I could find:

20210920-125806.jpg
20210920-125838.jpg

This one slipped right past me, good catch. I'll update the Eagles fields from this year then. I also have a small update for the Dolphins field from last week as well I need to catch up on.

• 4 weeks later...

Houston Texans 2002-2007

I've just wrapped up the complete set of Texans fields from 2002, through this season so far, by getting through 2002-2007.

The full set of Texans fields are here:

https://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=HOU&city=Houston&name=Texans

Here's some of the better ones from 2002 through 2007

2002 first game

HOU_2002%5E1.png

2002 late season

HOU_2002%5E4.png

2007 (this similar field style was used multiple times from 2003 through 2007, with slightly different endzone designs, and in some cases, the red stripe on the 25 yard lines and not the 20s)

HOU_2007%5E1.png

I also went back and updated the "R" in Pittsburgh for 2016-2021.

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - Giants Final Game at Giants Stadium 2009

The biggest change to any field this weekend was in Washington.

The NFL logo at midfield was replaced by the Washington Football Team logo.

The endzones also used a digital camo design in WASHINGTON. Both endzones used the same pattern.

WFT_2021%5E3.png

• Like 2

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - Week 10 2021 - Washington

On 11/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, pitt6pack said:

The biggest change to any field this weekend was in Washington.

The NFL logo at midfield was replaced by the Washington Football Team logo.

The endzones also used a digital camo design in WASHINGTON. Both endzones used the same pattern.

WFT_2021%5E3.png

I spent the whole time trying to figure out which college game was played there the day before and thinking how bad the paint bled through. 

iq5b7nF.png

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - Tennessee Oilers

Here's a fun one; the complete history of the Tennessee Oilers.

There were two base fields for the Oilers, when the played in Memphis in 1997, then Nashville in 1998. There were some minor changes throughout the season to each field, and the entire set of fields can be seen on the Titans fields page on the Gridiron fields database here: https://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=TEN&city=Tennessee&name=Titans

Memphis 1997

For most games in 1997, the college markings were visible on the field, but in weeks 1 and 8, they were not present.

TNO_1997%5E2.png

Nashville 1998

For most games, the college numbers were visible, showing darker than the normal turf color (as shown bellow). In week 12, the numbers were lighter than the turf (looks like faded paint). In weeks 14 and 17, the college numbers were no longer visible.

TNO_1998%5E1.png

• 7 months later...

Been a while, but working on a different project, I was able to get the Cardinals Week 12 1998 field complete.

Absolutely love these endzones. Would look great with the modern team designs as well (I might have to put a little concept together ...)

ARZ-1998-9.png

• Like 3

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - Cardinals 1998 Week 12
  • 1 month later...

Based on last week's preseason game in Washington, here's what I think we can expect throughout the season for the Commanders.

Plain endzone (as seen last weekend)

WSH_2022%5E1.png

Fully painted endzone (which Washington had done the past two seasons)

WSH_2022%5E2.png

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Washington Commanders

I'm looking for some help with the Jets midfield logo from 1996-1997. 

Here's the best image I have so far:

6lETkAV.png

I have everything but the text in the logo done:

POKtrrz.png

And I have the actual words in the right font:

7OhkqKl.png

DFcpsVu.png

I just don't know how to get the words to circle around the logo, as seen on the field.

Would someone be willing to help on this one? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

On 8/19/2022 at 1:00 PM, pitt6pack said:

I'm looking for some help with the Jets midfield logo from 1996-1997. 

I just don't know how to get the words to circle around the logo, as seen on the field.

Would someone be willing to help on this one? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, RBronish said:

[logo]

Beat me to it, I would just make the New and Jersey closer together, like in the source that I perspective warped:

o0qGmwK.png

Also, its possible that the font you're actually looking for is Decotura.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Gonna go through my process in case you prefer what I came up with and if you wanted to try yourself for the next logo creation:

1. Perspective warp as above, and then overlayed over the existing logo:

jaXsDAc.png

2. Add guides to determine the size of the circle of text, and create the inner circle with paths:

9gqrO1x.png

3. Generate text along path (for me, I used a GIMP plug-in, but there are plenty other plug-ins in other programs that produce the same thing):

hVZZK31.png

4. Add text and raise the banners to be more centered between the text:

963cZae.png

• Like 4

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png