A New Football Team: Florida Travelers (Hand-Drawn)

DCarp1231

I have decided to create a fictional football team. Truthfully, out of pure boredom. The team is known as the Florida Travelers and will be located in Tampa Bay. One thing you'll notice is there is no color scheme. I have yet to decide on one. I am open to suggestions. Another thing is these are hand drawn this meaning a few miscues (visible erased lines). I will say I had trouble with a few of the letters in the woodmarks (V,R) and numbers (6,9). The font is inspired by the Lions, Vikings, and a little bit of Seahawks. With that said, I don't think I'm missing anything.

Without further ado, I present the Florida Travelers:

Primary: 

20160113_211832.png_zpsyhi0e5gi.jpeg

Secondary:

20160113_212057.png_zpspbiqgqoi.jpeg

Tertiary (2):

20160113_212014.png_zpscenbgnyv.jpeg

20160113_211912.png_zpsudrouy4e.jpeg

Woodmarks and Numbers:

20160113_212307.png_zpsyce5yst2.jpeg

20160113_212343.png_zpskq0m3z1j.jpeg

I like the imagery surrounding the palm tree, especially on the second one. For colors, it seems like your hand is somewhat forced, though. I don't feel like there is a particularly wide range of options for the palm leaves and trunks, and a light blue seems like the obvious choice for the background. Blue, green, and brown/tan would be an unusual color combo, and I'd be interested to see what uniforms would look like.

On the other hand, you could go crazy and use really wild colors, but that feels more like Miami than Tampa.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I like the imagery surrounding the palm tree, especially on the second one. For colors, it seems like your hand is somewhat forced, though. I don't feel like there is a particularly wide range of options for the palm leaves and trunks, and a light blue seems like the obvious choice for the background. Blue, green, and brown/tan would be an unusual color combo, and I'd be interested to see what uniforms would look like.

On the other hand, you could go crazy and use really wild colors, but that feels more like Miami than Tampa.

I understand what you're saying about more Miami than Tampa Bay. I originally wanted to place the team in Miami, but Tampa Bay felt right to me. I was thinking maybe a burnt orange, a little lighter shade of Navy, and green/tan for the palm trees. I may not force the green and tan into uniforms if I decide to do them.

Archived