Why does several NFL teams choose not to wear their logo on team jersey?

Almighty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't hockey the only sport that traditionally features the primary logo on the jersey? With the occasional baseball team with a logo on the breast?

I'd say a proper primary logo is far too elaborate to work on nearly part of a uniform. Simpler secondary marks / cap emblems like the Yankees NY work on the cap, helmet, and breast , and NFL sleeve logos work ok when geometrically appropriate - but full jersey crests are best left as unique to hockey. They just don't fit into the traditional wordmark / number design of major American sports.

I only believe that NFL coaches should wear suits for every game. I remember when Jack Del Rio would do it.

Is it just me or does it look like the coaches seems to act like they are tougher then the players, most of them wear much less clothing than the players and other staff on the sideline. That Pittsburgh coach only had a grey sweatshirt on in that game vs. the bengals and it was freezing and pouring down, he was soaked, and the next game in denver it was freezing again, and he had the same shirt on !

Other coaches do the same i think, trying to look hard !?

• 1 month later...

I've been asking myself this for a while. Honestly, as a soccer fan, I always liked the tradition that every team wears his insignia (logo) on the left side. The side were our hearts it's located, of course. It represents love and passion for the shirt you're wearing. 

I love my Packers, and I would be proud to wear my logo on my chest. (Yeah, as ugly as it is).

Archived