I decided I would redesign the entire NHL, using new or modified logos with new or the same uniforms. With many teams, I'm using old logos with new colours, or a partial logo. Some people are going to be angry because I'm touching the "untouchable" teams. But if the Maple Leafs can change their look, I can make my own little changes. There may be some teams I don't change the logos, but I'm hoping to change everything up. I will probably post them in groups of 3. Any C&C is appreciated.

First up: Anaheim Ducks

DOJ8J61.png

Arizona Coyotes:

u0HmpSj.png

Boston Bruins:

csWGBD0.png

I'm a big fan of how you used the gold in Boston but I'm not too crazy about the new B roundel. Overall very solid.

I should make it clear that I may or may not change the uniforms. If I like their current uniforms, I'll stick with them. Also, I might use the team's older uniforms, like for San Jose for example. There will be changes on every team, just more obvious ones on some.

I'm a big fan of how you used the gold in Boston but I'm not too crazy about the new B roundel. Overall very solid.

I had this awesome idea in my head of modernizing the Bruins logo, but it didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, so I just transferred it to a third logo. Plus, I really like having the bear by itself out of that weird shape logo they have.

Onto my next 3 redesigns, Buffalo, Calgary, and Carolina.

For Buffalo, I brought back the red buffalo, fixed some things with the logo like the eye, and changed the colours to their classic blue and yellow. For Calgary, I brought back the classic look while eliminating black all together. I also brought back the horse alternate. For Carolina, I redesigned a new logo and brought back the hurricane warning flag strip pattern as well as a new version of the alternate logo based off of a concept I found online.

Buffalo:

bXaK9ld.png

BAbmbYB.png

Calgary:

FYKSEgW.png

Carolina:

hrUzwZD.png

Looks great! Only, minor nitpick is that the little grey streak on the Canes logo makes it seem rounded/shiny. Hurricanes generally aren't spherical and/or shiny :) Otherwise, great work! As an Oilers fan, I really like Calgary. That says something. Keep it up!

Anaheim: As previously mentioned, drop the yoke and it's perfect.

Arizona: Not a fan of the double red look.  Replace the second red with black on the home and sand on the away and you've got a pretty solid concept.

Boston: The home/road is pretty good.  Not a fan of the alternate at all though.  Keep the current roundel, and the fact that you included an element most identified with their arch rivals isn't great.  

Buffalo: Perfect.

Calgary: Only nitpick is to swap the red/gold on the away jersey's logo and number.

Carolina: Not bad, but the alternate logo reminds me a little of this: latest?cb=20131218043827

but that could just be me.

Overall, a great start!

I understand artistic license, but if you make a red rectangular flag with a gray square, it isn't a hurricane warning flag anymore.  I think it has to have a black square in the middle of the flag.  And I also think it really should be square.  It could still be frayed and torn, but the tears would extend to or into the black square.

3 hours ago, WhitecapsForLife11 said:

Loving a lot of these. Cant wait for more. Whats the template?

I think it's called IceGear created by Chris Smith. I got it from the icethetics site. 

And the Sabres is by far my favourite so far. 

On to my next set of 3, Chicago, Colorado, and Columbus. 

With Chicago, I decided to eliminate the unnecessary colours on the feathers and go with a generic red and white for the feathers. Coincidentally, some of the original Blackhawks logos had the feathers the way I made them. I didn't know it until after I recoloured them. I kept the home and away the same, with a new alternate using the C tomahawks logo.

With Colorado, I went with their much better new alternate logo as the primary. I kept it pretty simple on the home and away, and using the same template for their stadium series jerseys for the alternate.

With Columbus, I recoloured the current alternate using the dark blue, red, beige/vintage white colour, and white. I really liked how the beige/vintage white colour looked with the red and blue so I kept it. People are probably going to tell me "you can't use 4 colours. It's too busy!" Well my response to that is, that's your opinion. In my opinion, it looks very good, and not busy at all. But I'm biased. I went with a whole new uniform design, but a classic one, with stars on the sleeves. I also including a red alternate with just the cannon and striping like some of the concepts I've seen.

Chicago:

YzO3dh9.png

Colorado:

bZgDPNZ.png

Columbus:

FNkw3CQ.png

Good series so far. Nice job.

Anaheim: Drop the yoke.

Arizona: The numbers on the home and and alt should be a lighter color to be more visible.

Boston: Like it but the alt. Keep the logo that their currently using, and drop the stripe, Montreal uses that.

Buffalo: Amazing!

Calgary: The logo woulld look better with the colors flipped. But other than that, its nice.

Carolina: The flag, it needs to be a black sq to be a hurricane flag, and i like the logo

Chicago: IMO, the white and red feathers look out of place on the jersey. 

Colorado: Nice! 

Columbus:Cream white and red look out of place together, try a darker shade of red, maroon maybe?? to make it look morre vintage.

Nice series!!

I would buy the Sabres jersey in a heartbeat!

I think that the Blackhawks logo needs to stay the way it is. If you have to change it, try using red feathers with white, and some white feathers with red. 

Chicago: Overall, very good job. The white and red feathers are a little jarring at first but a good idea. The alternate is stunning. The number font seems a little off though. 

Colorado: Perfect, except I'd add a little more burgundy to the road. 

Columbus: I like that you went a different route with the red. Really good concept there. 

I love what you did for the Sabres

So I'm currently working on the group of Dallas, Detroit, and Edmonton. I am finished Dallas and Detroit, and have Edmonton to do before I post the trio. But I thought I would post a teaser of what I did with Detroit. I just know people are going to get upset at what I did with Detroit since they haven't changed in 60 years or however long it is. But I'm tired of seeing the same 2 colour scheme, boring striped uniforms they have. (Besides the outdoor game uniforms) So I added a colour, and a more interesting striping pattern. So be upset if you want, but I don't plan on changing what I've added. Change can be good sometimes :) (and don't worry, there was no black added)

So here's the teaser:

X03RIV5.png