TrueNorth13

Ok, not bad, but all you did was recolor most of the logos in the NHL and then went and took your favorite logos on the internet and recolored them too. Unless you designed these logos too,(and I don't see your name on them) then it's not cool to take other people's stuff and not give them credit. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/283528/4933350/1259693425257/2879378-4933344-thumbnail.jpg?token=yUD7p4Rr4NAitgjHKx4gI99PnEY%3D

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/75697/923615/hurricanes_logo.png

And these are just the ones I caught.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Canucklehead800 said:

Ok, not bad, but all you did was recolor most of the logos in the NHL and then went and took your favorite logos on the internet and recolored them too. Unless you designed these logos too,(and I don't see your name on them) then it's not cool to take other people's stuff and not give them credit. http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/283528/4933350/1259693425257/2879378-4933344-thumbnail.jpg?token=yUD7p4Rr4NAitgjHKx4gI99PnEY%3D

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/75697/923615/hurricanes_logo.png

And these are just the ones I caught.

I don't agree. And reading some of your comments on other stuff, it seems you have hinted not other people taking things that are not theirs. Which I never did by the way. Also, when I ask for C&C, I actually want stuff that could help. 

I love what you did for the Canucks, that is exactly what their main set should look like.  Props as well for being the only person, on these boards, to add green to the orca without ruining it.

Washington looks pretty slick as well.  I just wish you went with the current shade of red.

2 minutes ago, Morgo said:

I love what you did for the Canucks, that is exactly what their main set should look like.  Props as well for being the only person, on these boards, to add green to the orca without ruining it.

Washington looks pretty slick as well.  I just wish you went with the current shade of red.

Thanks. Yeah, I was happy that I could get some green into the orca logo. It looked way better than I imagined. And I went with the darker red because I just wanted a change and it still looked pretty good IMO. Different enough from what they've used, but close enough to fit with their classic look.

13 hours ago, TrueNorth13 said:

Ok, a couple things about your comment. I would never steal something, or use something from someone and not give them credit. I'm not that kind of person. So, with that said, the Hurricanes logo, I searched stuff on Google, and found that logo on that site. I then changed it. So I'm sorry for not giving credit to someone for a logo I changed. I might have forgotten where I found it, since I made changes to it. I didn't feel any need to say anything since I changed things about it. And the Oilers example. I have never seen that set of logos you went to in my entire life. That person even said they got it from the Oilers alternate logo from 2001-2007. Which is exactly where I got it from as well.

So, no, I didn't steal that logo from this person. Also, I didn't just recolour logos. There's so many little details I changed in 27 of the 30 logos. Maybe most people won't see them because they're not looking for them, but it's there. For the primaries, the Hurricanes, Panthers, Kings, Wild, Devils, Islanders, Penguins, Sharks, Lightning, Leafs, and Capitals all have minor changes. And the alternates, the Bruins, Hurricanes, Panthers, Canadiens, Predators, Devils, Islanders, Flyers, Penguins, Sharks, Lightning, Leafs, Canucks, Capitals, and Jets also have minor or big changes. 

And one more thing. While, yes, I did recolour a lot of these logos, I also really changed 1 or all of their uniforms. Everyone has their own definition of a redesign, but IMO, I redesigned the NHL. It looks different than it did before. Sorry for the harsh words, but I don't like being accused of stealing people's ideas when I never did, or didn't realize I might have taken an idea because we were both on the same page, without me seeing their work. If you don't believe me, be my guest. Also, if you just came to this thread to tell me that I didn't do anything special and try hard to find stuff I allegedly stole, then you should ask yourself why you wasted time to look at stuff you didn't like. I'm fine if you don't like my stuff, just don't feel the need to leave a comment then. :) 

I didn't come here to bash your stuff, I noticed one or two logos that were designed by someone other than yourself and the league and wanted to point it out. I'm not saying that your a thief, just careless. I love seeing NHL redesigns and concepts and have seen a LOT of them so I usually remember if I've seen a new logo before. It really wasn't hard to find that ''alternate'' Hurricanes logo so it's not like I'm hunting down every logo you use and cross-checking it to see if it checks out. Also, as was pointed out on the first page of this thread, your other Hurricanes logo is uncannily similar to the Tampa Bay Storm logo, so I'm not the only one who has noticed that you're ''borrowing'' from people other than the NHL. I certainly wouldn't say that you're doing anything special, but I do like the idea. You are altering designs that you didn't come up with, and that's fine so long as we know where they come from...and the original designer is OK with it too.

Archived