Tennessee Titans Concept Logo (Updated 01/29)

C-Squared

01/29: Added a wing and flame vector preview (in progress!):

2qar1ig.jpg

aaxh6x.jpg

__

I have been a designer for years, but I've done very little logo work, so I decided to do a few NFL concepts to develop a logo portfolio. Obviously, this is still in the early stages and will eventually be vectored, but I would love feedback on the overall concept before I dive that far in... I was inspired by TVIXX's amazing Vikings concept (and I'm sure it shows), but really wanted to focus on the Greek theme of Nashville and the Titans franchise... the hair/beard needs direction, so I appreciate any suggestions

4 minutes ago, Spanna65 said:

This has big potential. What program are using though? Some of the strokes are jagged and rounded. If you could try and fix that up, then I'd say you'd be on your way to a very nice concept.

This is just a simple hand sketch I colorized with brushes in Photoshop. Once I have the details ironed out, I'll vector it into a final product.

7 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

This is just a simple hand sketch I colorized with brushes in Photoshop. Once I have the details ironed out, I'll vector it into a final product.

Ok then.

like some others said, I'd try sharpening the hairs on the beard when you get to vectorizing it.

My one question too is about the helmet. To the right, if that is supposed to be the part going over the nose I think it should be covering the nose rather than out like that because from this perspective it looks behind the nose where that part of the helmet wouldn't show.

4 hours ago, MrWonka said:

My one question too is about the helmet. To the right, if that is supposed to be the part going over the nose I think it should be covering the nose rather than out like that because from this perspective it looks behind the nose where that part of the helmet wouldn't show.

I think the spartan-style helmet doesn't wrap around the nose, but only covers it from the front... most of the references I can find still show at least part of the nose from the side.

9 hours ago, CanucksBrad said:

No more foot beard!

Though I kind like the flames on the helmet more than the wing.

I agree 100% with all of this. The wing is rendered well enough but kind of says "Olympians"  like Hermes? I think, more so than Titans. Titans are supposed to be the big bad dudes and I think the flames would be more appropriate.

This is one of my favorite concept logos I've seen on here.

If EA was still making CFB games, I would totally download that and slap it on the helmet of a team on my Xbox.

--edit-- 

...purely for personal satisfaction and with no intent to siphon profit or credit from C-Squared. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I personally think no ear hole. I understand what you were going for but it seems out of place or it may be just be because you three dimensionalized it, not sure. Secondly I miss the hair hanging out of the back. Not sure why you dropped it.

This logo is fantastic. Great concept!

Archived