FroBroStudio

Hello!

This logo is a response to the fact that the South Florida Metro Area is once again, getting a Major League Soccer (MLS) team in the foreseeable future. As always, feel free to critique and I will answer questions when I have the time available. Also, here's a link to the project: Miami SC/96 - MLS Design

MSC1.thumb.png.f402208f63731e56bf0743647MSC3.thumb.png.52d4c0918694e94cc0803c364MSC4.thumb.png.6baaf71523d56429d70b5fb72MSC5.thumb.png.e579341027f316e52d5d2f63cMSC6.thumb.png.b1c353ddaec30d7fe24eef9aaMSC7.thumb.png.58a639d77cdd89ab56346203b

MSC2.png

MSC8.png

i really liked the colors and the crest overall but i have to agree with Whittier since that palm tree looked like sea turtle. Try to fix the palm tree a bit more but the other parts on crest are great. it does fit a Miami team

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

This is all really well done. I like the colors, the crest, the kits and the presentation. That said, I can't unsee the turtle now.

I do like were you were headed with #4 in your logo progression, too.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

On 1/21/2016 at 0:52 AM, Whittier S said:

Digging the color scheme, but I'm afraid your palm tree looks like a sea turtle (which does fit Miami, but still.)

You're absolutely right! Even I didn't notice the sea turtle until I finished this project. Woah...

23 hours ago, jdp said:

This is all really well done. I like the colors, the crest, the kits and the presentation. That said, I can't unsee the turtle now.

I do like were you were headed with #4 in your logo progression, too.

Well, since David Beckham is the main investor, he might have the logo be similar to Manchester United. But it just didn't feel like it belong in Miami. Perhaps in a future project, I'll use the logo along with the turtle imagery.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really nice concept, and definitely gives off a Miami vibe IMO. I will say I prefer your first update to the sea turtle/palm tree. The one-color rendering gives the logo some much needed simplicity with the three strokes around the shield, and it still reads as a ball and palm tree to me. 

I'd also consider spacing out the text a little as well so it fills out the chevron a better. Maybe take the width of the green stroke and space the text that distance from the edges of the chevron. 

Too cool. Nice work all around.

This is my only qualm, what if the waves on both sides got gradually smaller either top-to-bottom or larger bottom-to-top?

Right now, they seem kind of static/ plopped on, so anything to make them flow smoother. Maybe you render them as one fluid shape, versus 3 of the same being repeated.

On January 22, 2016 at 0:46 PM, cwilz305 said:

Ok, so I've seen the sea turtle and decided to fix the logo a little bit. Although the "Sea Turtles" or "The Snapper Legion" can be fan club names. And here's the revised logo....

MSC9.thumb.png.094c428e7ed988b0f0295b040

Love this version. What would the right one look like with an inverted soccer ball? A green circle(with no break from the palm fronds) dark panels, and the current green panels now the sand color.

I wasn't feeling the original, but I could see this turning out nicely. Good work!

On 2/9/2016 at 5:35 PM, raysox said:

Love this version. What would the right one look like with an inverted soccer ball? A green circle(with no break from the palm fronds) dark panels, and the current green panels now the sand color.

I wasn't feeling the original, but I could see this turning out nicely. Good work!

And now I'm wondering myself what it looks like inverted. To the drawing board!

Archived