IceJerseys.com Messed Up My Whalers Jersey

rmackman

I got a beautiful final years jersey of the Hartford Whalers from IceJerseys.com, and I spent the extra money getting it customized.  Look what they did!  They botched the font!  I hope they'll take it back, and either correct it, or just send me a blank one.  For that kind of money, they need to get the font right! :(

CZSEDRHWIAQ1F_z.jpg:large

38091a_lg.jpeg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

1 minute ago, GFB said:

"Yeah, other than it being not the same, there's no difference."

Other than the thickness, there's no difference...

fatval.jpg 986tgn_val_kilmer_0151.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Please let me know how this goes... I have a 90's Caps jersey and getting it customized has been in the back of my head for a while.  

How much did it cost?  And let us know what they do to hopefully rectify the situation.

spacer.png

I don't think this is an issue of messing up the jersey, I'm pretty sure it's an issue of them having the wrong numbers for their Whalers jersey. You should notify them that and there's a good chance they'll try and fix their supply and send you another jersey or fix the one you have. This isn't as big of a problem as your making it out to be.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

42 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I don't think this is an issue of messing up the jersey, I'm pretty sure it's an issue of them having the wrong numbers for their Whalers jersey. You should notify them that and there's a good chance they'll try and fix their supply and send you another jersey or fix the one you have. This isn't as big of a problem as your making it out to be.

$140 for the jersey plus $80 bucks for the wrong customization? This guy needs more than a good chance they'll try to fix it...

On 1/22/2016 at 7:24 PM, ECUFan25 said:

A very minor difference

It's more than a minor difference.

1. the thickness

2.  the proportions

3.  the inside of the 9 should be notched, not squared like the one they sent him

I'm not nearly as up on hockey jerseys as most people here, but even I knew right away it was wrong.  Part of the charm of that jersey is the thin / notched numbers.

I've certainly seen worse errors, and I'm not sure that an absolutely perfect 100% match should be expected (it is a >20-year-old relatively obscure font, but enough resources are available for them to get it a lot closer than that) but I would certainly have expected better in this case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, jp1409 said:

$140 for the jersey plus $80 bucks for the wrong customization? This guy needs more than a good chance they'll try to fix it...

Except this isn't an issue for the boards to fix, this is BgMack27's responsibility to have the issue fixed with IceJerseys.com. An error happened with the numbers, that shouldn't be a big deal. Contact them and try and get it fixed. The fact that he posted this here before even contacting them is petty. And don't act like he doesn't get to keep the jersey, the customization can always be redone.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Back when the pens made a Vegas gold skating pen alternate and 66 came back, I got an authentic customized and they used correct font, but they didn't use glacier twill and the gold outline was like a shiny gold rather than the khaki gold. Didn't pursue it further though

KISSwall09.jpg

Glacier twill is one of the Penguins "things" though - that's kind of a big deal IMO.  That and the way the ends of the 6s, 9s, and 7s are slanted a little bit.

PittsburghPenguins2005-0666B.jpg~origina

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/22/2016 at 11:15 AM, sc49erfan15 said:

Have you - I dunno - contacted them about it? What did they have to say?

I tried writing to them via Twitter because sometimes companies respond better to that.  Haven't heard back.  Going to e-mail them today.

spacer.png

Archived