IceJerseys.com Messed Up My Whalers Jersey

rmackman

Totally disagree with that approach. Call them - speak to a human and try to work it out before going to social media and airing the problem to the masses. I'd only go there as a last resort. Seems like by posting here and ontheir Twitter you're just trying to avoid actually talking to them about your complaint. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Except this isn't an issue for the boards to fix, this is BgMack27's responsibility to have the issue fixed with IceJerseys.com. An error happened with the numbers, that shouldn't be a big deal. Contact them and try and get it fixed. The fact that he posted this here before even contacting them is petty. And don't act like he doesn't get to keep the jersey, the customization can always be redone.

You're incorrect on a few assumptions.  First, I posted it to Twitter, at them, as a form of notification.  This day and age, companies tend to respond to that faster.  I've heard nothing back, and will try e-mail today.  Second, "an issue for the boards to fix?"  I hope you really didn't think I believed anyone on these boards could help me.  That was never the purpose.  Finally, I'm not keeping this jersey.  PERIOD.  I wouldn't want a jersey with incorrect font, so it's going back to IceJerseys, going on eBay, or being given to Goodwill with the tags still on it.

The purpose is that the CCSLC is a community based on our love for all things logos, uniforms, fonts, graphics, and anything aesthetic. as related to sports.  This is a community that has entire threads devoted to calling out fakes being sold on eBay, calling out "wardrobe malfunctions" if a number falls off of a player during a game, in-game name misspellings, and making sure that team colors are no lighter or darker than they should be.  Therefore, when I received a jersey from a reputable supplier that was less than perfect, despite a $200+ price tag, I immediately figured this group of people are the EXACT group of people with whom to share the font gaffe with.  I'm actually quite surprised that some people would take this post to be negative in any way whatsoever.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

1 hour ago, BgMack27 said:

You're incorrect on a few assumptions.  First, I posted it to Twitter, at them, as a form of notification.  This day and age, companies tend to respond to that faster.  I've heard nothing back, and will try e-mail today.  Second, "an issue for the boards to fix?"  I hope you really didn't think I believed anyone on these boards could help me.  That was never the purpose.  Finally, I'm not keeping this jersey.  PERIOD.  I wouldn't want a jersey with incorrect font, so it's going back to IceJerseys, going on eBay, or being given to Goodwill with the tags still on it.

The purpose is that the CCSLC is a community based on our love for all things logos, uniforms, fonts, graphics, and anything aesthetic. as related to sports.  This is a community that has entire threads devoted to calling out fakes being sold on eBay, calling out "wardrobe malfunctions" if a number falls off of a player during a game, in-game name misspellings, and making sure that team colors are no lighter or darker than they should be.  Therefore, when I received a jersey from a reputable supplier that was less than perfect, despite a $200+ price tag, I immediately figured this group of people are the EXACT group of people with whom to share the font gaffe with.  I'm actually quite surprised that some people would take this post to be negative in any way whatsoever.

Forget Goodwill. If you're just going to give it away....I'll gladly take it from you.

3 hours ago, BgMack27 said:

I tried writing to them via Twitter because sometimes companies respond better to that.  Haven't heard back.  Going to e-mail them today.

2 hours ago, BgMack27 said:

I think most of us (myself included) are in agreement that the jersey is wrong and should be fixed.

What I think a lot of people in this thread (myself included) are in disagreement about is how you approached the situation. Yes, some companies are more responsive via Twitter than email, but posting the mistake on here (before the company even had a chance to rectify the situation) is, in my opinion, the wrong move. Give them a chance to fix it, and if they don't, put them on blast here for all to see. The company is in the business of providing jersey customization services - something quite a lot of us are particularly passionate about. CCSLC pays attention to those things.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Totally disagree with that approach. Call them - speak to a human and try to work it out before going to social media and airing the problem to the masses. I'd only go there as a last resort.

^ BBTV is spot on.

When you go to a restaurant, and your medium-rare steak arrives at the table medium, do you post to Facebook/Twitter and complain about it, or do you get the server/manager and have them fix it?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

23 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

^ BBTV is spot on.

That's generally the case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BgMack27 said:

1 - Only using Twitter to contact a company is probably the worst approach you can take. I can't believe you would think they would decide to reply to a tweet from days ago then only now decide to e-mail them.

2 - What was the point of this thread? You said that you weren't expecting anyone here to help you with the problem, so are you just trying to complain about the company over a small issue? 

3 - I never said you should keep the jersey, all I said was that it is an easy fix if IceJerseys has the correct font.

4 - Were you expecting us to all be on your side while you made very little effort to try and fix the issue yourself?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Customized NHL jerseys is a pain because many teams uses a specific and local customizer, for instance the Bruins use a place call custom crafted , they are the only ones that can get the Bruins font correct on your jersey. 

Lemme show you what i mean, here we have a very expensive jersey on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BERGERON-BOSTON-BRUINS-AUTHENTIC-AWAY-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SIZE-60-/301182205392?hash=item461fdbbdd0:g:~boAAOxy0zhTPYle

and this guy is good, but even he can't get the correct Bruins font, check out for instance the O in the name, it should be wider, along with the other letters as well of course

jpeg

So buying NHL jerseys is a minefield

• 1 month later...

The issue has finally been resolved...sort of.  After leaving a message, I finally spoke to someone at IceJerseys.com back in January.  The rep said if I sent the jersey back with pictures of the correct font, he believed they could fix the error.  I sent it back, and four weeks later I received a full refund.  I figured this was just an initial refund, and they'd re-charge me once the new jersey was completed.  Waited...and waited....finally I called today, and left another message.  They called me back (much more timely this time), and I spoke to a new rep.  He told me that the old rep had been let go because he wasn't calling back their clients, and he apologized.  So, that is why I hadn't heard from anyone.  I was also told I was refunded the full price of the jersey because they no longer had my Whalers jersey in size Medium in stock.  They might get more by next Christmas.  The rep apologized on behalf of the company for jerking me around, and he said that the staff was aware that the Whalers font was incorrect on my original purchase.  He assumed someone mistakenly overlooked it.  Due to the fact that he felt there was a series of "dropped the ball moments" leading to my experience, IceJerseys.com gave me a $40 credit for the next time I want to buy something from them.  So...right now I have nothing.  However, hopefully if they get more of those jerseys in stock, I'll get a correct one for $40 less.  

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived