Best high school ripoffs (images fixed)

MCM0313

If I recall correctly, there have been previous threads covering the topics of "Worst high school ripoffs" and "High schools that rip off multiple teams," or similar titles. However, some high school logos and uniforms manage to tastefully incorporate the logo (current or past) of a professional team or collegiate program into a new context. I'll start off with what I consider to be a pretty good one:

Encinal Jets (Alameda, CA):

AMATemilyfootball-0c1dfdb2.jpeg.a838ceb0Alameda-game.jpg.76d4bde12e33e348baebca4castro_valley_encinal_boys_football_thum56a29c1b19be6_images(4).jpeg.b20d26d32ef

The only way to mess up such a simple logo as this is to try to get super complex in its implementation. These guys (and this gal; the first photo is from an article about the girl who kicked for them in 2012) have kept it simple...for the most part. They did, however, roll out this clunker at some point in time:

56a29c2d999a3_images(5).jpeg.bfab2e2df4c

Not much point in having jersey numbers if you can't read them.

Also, the St. Cecilia Bluehawks in Nebraska have an exact rip of the Philadelphia Eagles' current helmet logo, except blue and white against a black helmet (example of good BFBS):

56a29e003fed0_download(1).jpeg.494fe942f545d93a48a124.jpg.8048cbe79e570fce44ef8c

560f40f1727db.thumb.jpg.63a3d84cdf685e9a

They also have a silver version where the wings are a color swap of those the Eagles wore in the late '60s and early '70s, but it doesn't work as well IMO:

250966725_74d9527d7f_b.thumb.jpg.71902b8

This thread is officially fully repaired. Btw, if anyone is wondering where I get these, I started at mghelmets.com and went to the pages they have for different states. Not all of them are up to date, especially with the high rate of turnover when it comes to high school uniforms these days. I guess I'm officially a helmet nerd now. :D

That silver Eagles helmet is cool (rest of the uniform looks like trash though).  I'd love for the Eagles to go with a silver helmet with either the modern in midnight green, white, and black, or the classic wings in green and black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That silver Eagles helmet is cool (rest of the uniform looks like trash though).  I'd love for the Eagles to go with a silver helmet with either the modern in midnight green, white, and black, or the classic wings in green and black.

Really? I think the silver helmet looks awkward and out of place. I was never a fan of the un-detailed wings myself, but even color-wise it doesn't work for me. There's not enough contrast between the silver and the blue, and of course there's very little silver in the uniform itself. I think the black looks much better and most of the time I'd be saying the other way around. 

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Also, the St. Cecilia Bluehawks in Nebraska have an exact rip of the Philadelphia Eagles' current helmet logo, except blue and white against a black helmet (example of good BFBS):

545d93a48a124.jpg.8048cbe79e570fce44ef8c

560f40f1727db.thumb.jpg.63a3d84cdf685e9a

Not just because its my old high school, but I think the East Lake Eagles in Florida pulls off the Eagle wings with better color distribution on the helmet:

(First pic is Clemson leading receiver Artavis Scott)

blog%2Fimages%2Flead%2FNP_346751_CLIF_FO

AR-140909939.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

43 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Really? I think the silver helmet looks awkward and out of place. I was never a fan of the un-detailed wings myself, but even color-wise it doesn't work for me. There's not enough contrast between the silver and the blue, and of course there's very little silver in the uniform itself. I think the black looks much better and most of the time I'd be saying the other way around. 

Yes, I've long thought that the Eagles could pull off silver helmets and pants.  The silver helmet looks out of place because you're thinking of it in the context of that horrible uniform, not something that actually has a cohesive design.  I'm not a big fan of the current "cartoon" wings, but they could easily be modified to go on a silver helmet.  I do think that the solid-classic wing would work better though, and wouldn't even need an outline.  Midnight green wing, black facemask.  Or green wing with a black or white outline and then a green or black facemask.  

If I owned the team they'd have silver helmets - and an all Asian cheerleading troupe - but that's a different story for a different forum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

This one's not even really a rip (vaguely Redskins-ish), but it's so cool I had to share it:

Tonawanda Warriors (Tonawanda, NY):

ton-fb-jdv6.thumb.jpg.e91d6951968c9b4553

Buffalo area, they are facing Orchard Park Quakers..... sorry my Buffalo kicked in hahaha

Archived