MLS Gridiron - Updated Mar 21 - SKC, POR and NewCrest!DCU 15/20

MrAstrodome

Hello. A while back, I had a concept that I never finished. Now, I'm redoing it. As with my first version, one helmet applies here and some teams will have nicknames to fit with the sport. 

As for the expansion teams, I'm undecided for LAFC and AtlU, but I will be doing one for Minnesota, since they have a previous incarnation to draw from and there will be ones for the Mutiny, Fusion and Chivas as well and ones for Sporting, FCD and the Red Bulls' previous incarnations.

C/C please.

0IagtCL.png

Template Credits: ADW77

Eastern Conference

Chicago Fire: Home, Away, Alternate 
Columbus Crew (SC):  Home, Away, Alternate V.1 | Home, Away, Alternate V.2
D.C. United:  Home, Away, Alternate Old badge | Home, Away, Alternate New badge
Montreal Impact: Home, Away, Alternate
New England Revolution: Home, Away, Alternate
New York City Bluebirds (New York City FC): Home, Away, Alternate
New York Red Bulls: Home, Away, Alternate
Orlando City SC (Orlando City Lions): Home, Away, Alternate
Philadelphia Union: Home, Away, Alternate
Toronto FC

Western Conference

Colorado Rapids: Home, Away, Alternate 
Dallas Toros (FC Dallas): Home, Away, Alternate 
Houston Dynamo: Home, Away, Alternate

Kansas City Wizards (Sporting Kansas City): Home, Away Alternate
LA Galaxy: Home, Away, Alternate
Portland Timbers: Home, Away, Alternate
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders FC
Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Expansion

Minnesota United

Legacy/Throwbacks

Tampy Bay Mutiny

Miami Fusion

Dallas Burn

Kansas City Wiz

New York/New Jersey Metrostars

Chicago Fire

With Chicago, I went with a stripe across the chest. Changes from the last versions include, silver pants to match their helmet and pants stripe. As for the alts, I went with the Chiago pride jerseys. Since the Panthers' monowhites are infamous with their silver helmet, I went with silver socks to match the helmet.

wdZfKKW.png

R9tftqb.png

O36oNUS.png

Colorado Rapids

The Rapids are based off of their 2013 uni with a yoke instead of sleeves. I took away the side logos from my first drafts and finally came up with a helmet logo that says Rapids. And it was staring in my face the whole. So I took from the old logo. I also went with traditional numbers which felt fit better with the uniform. As for their alternate, orignally I had planned to do the navy blue but it did not work with the maroon. And I wasn't going to use current yellow secondaries, so I went with sky blue. And new white socks.

rQrBXLm.png

h7ZGxz1.png

0J8eadm.png

Dallas Toros (FC Dallas)

FCD's current nickname of the Toros brought to mind helmet horns. This time, I just took them straight out of the logo instead of making my own. I decided that the stripe across the chest sould remain a Chicago thing so I put them on the sleeves instead. Alternate is blue as is their secondaries.

Y2uFPv5.png

yBFqOfj.png

oCD3yMU.png

D.C. United

This was done before the new crest was unveiled. The three stripes that DCU had pre-sponsorship lend well to football. I readjusted the red elements of the unis, added red socks and added a red alternate.

lNu7fNT.png

TB3Y1xs.png

HSE9d7k.png

Columbus Crew (SC)

A lot has changed since I first did the Crew's uniforms almost two years ago. Home jersey and the alternate borrow from the Colts and the away borrows from the Cardinals. Gone's the helmet head decal instead borrowed from their current logo. New numerals, NOB, and white stiped socks.

atRq4qy.png

5UjBtCU.png

D1bpdEL.png

Really  nice  looking concepts that  looks like it  should be  in a style  guide 

As being  a  minnesotan i love these concepts and  can't wait  until you release ours

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

On 1/24/2016 at 11:31 PM, Megildur said:

Nice job on all of these! I especially enjoyed your Chicago and Colorado sets. I love the color scheme for the Rapids and the chest stripe for Chicago. My one critique would be that Columbus looks really bland and un exciting. Still, brilliant work and please keep sharing!

Columbus i found to be straight-forward but I had some ideas pop in since then. 

Houston Dynamo

Ah, My beloved Houston Dynamo. My original concept had them looking too much like the Panthers so I went back to the drawing board. I redid the helmet which gave me trouble multiple times in trying to render a decent looking train. Part of it includes shooting stars that were in the All-Star game logo that we hosted, now closer to the original. Our alternate is black based on the rumors that our new secondary will be black.

vqMUTsK.png

2cMvuDS.png

KGg1QTc.png

Los Angeles Galaxy

The LA Galaxy have also been changed from the last version. I changed their sleeved stripes to one inspired from last years primary (I did not see this year's change coming) and used the gradual lines motif all through out the uniform. I also change the shell to navy. As for the alternate, I went with green since it was the Galaxy's original color before Beckham, though it does clash with the helmet a bit. 

OL1Uaxg.png

DSNhlV0.png

6260vUy.png

Montreal Impact

When I did the Impact, I based their uniforms moreso on their crest than their actual uniforms so the primary are a translation of that. Their alternate, I went for a Northwestern look with black on top of blue and their crest/third stripes on their sleeve and white socks. 

RkBKb8Q.png

NFI2wgC.png

F2fkWk7.png

New England Revolution

The Revs were one of the teams liked doing the least. Looking at their old uniforms provided nothing good to work with, their current ones are only ok, I wanted to avoid them looking like their brother NFL team and then, there's that crest. I redid the crest into a decent helmet logo and went with a modern design for the tops. As for the alternate, its recolored in their NE Flag secondary.

nCJGCIe.png

x2CnwzQ.png

PGkBBvy.png

New York City Bluebirds (New York City FC)

When it came to decide on a gridiron name for City, I lurked on various boards until one possibility, Bluebirds came up. After finding out it was the state bird I went with it. Inspiration from set also came from the Giants with a plain sky blue jersey just like their parent club, a more detailed away jersey and and alternate navy blue jersey like their upcoming alternates. 

2Q5oKkh.png

55zWEyq.png

y96L3CL.png

• 2 weeks later...

Philadelphia Union

For the Zolos, I went with a gold shell and matching gold pants. Since Philly also use the Northwestern stripe to some extent, I made it a vertical stripe simular to the Panthers. Their alternate jersey is in signal blue.

N5fOD6K.png

YlUXYLS.png

4oI9MkA.png

Orlando City Lions (Orlando City SC)

I went with simplicity for the only purple team in the league. Their light yellow provided a very good accent color to work with. The alternate jersey brings back their old red.

kh7ddS1.png

1OHOqiS.png

PYwIJOu.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived