DENNIS SCHRÖDER LOGO CONCEPT

JESSEDIEBOLT

This looks classy and clean, but I think there isn't really enough character to the logo to make anyone think, "That must be Schröder's logo."  What if you would make the logo into a lowercase d (add a stem to your circle)?  Personal logos usually use initials, and for a player that is still somewhat obscure to average NBA fans, they would assume the person's first or last name would begin with an O.  For example, LeBron James has the LJ/crown logo, kd uses initials, and Derek Rose has his D-in-a-rose logo; I can associate their logos with them intuitively.  There isn't anything intuitive with this logo.

award%20sig.png

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

You should tweet this to Schroder himself. It looks great, and definitely is cool. I'd love to see it in other colours and stuff as well.

Kyle Lowry a few years back asked fans for help on making a logo for his stuff.

Thanx man! I did tweet it to him but I didn't hear anything. I'll try it again (sure he gets tons of mentions)

35 minutes ago, davidmiller5 said:

This looks classy and clean, but I think there isn't really enough character to the logo to make anyone think, "That must be Schröder's logo."  What if you would make the logo into a lowercase d (add a stem to your circle)?  Personal logos usually use initials, and for a player that is still somewhat obscure to average NBA fans, they would assume the person's first or last name would begin with an O.  For example, LeBron James has the LJ/crown logo, kd uses initials, and Derek Rose has his D-in-a-rose logo; I can associate their logos with them intuitively.  There isn't anything intuitive with this logo.

Yeah I mean you're right about that. I guess it's just a different route to go. Definitely wouldn't use a random letter from...LeBron's name (for example)...but because of the umlaut and his hair, I felt the o was something interesting to look at. Definitely can see how the fact that it is an O could take away from it tho, as you were saying. Good feedback, thanx.

I kind of agree with David on that umlaut point.

I can kind of see something like this working well for Mesut Özil (maybe you can work something out related to his unusual looking bug eyes ;) ), but you lose that unique hair inspiration/characteristic. It is obviously solid as is.... It would work perfectly with a player who had some more rep.

Archived