"crEAtion StadiumBuilder": NCAA Football series (End. What's next?)

29texan

This is something I've wanted to do for a while. I like the "create-a-team" or "Team Builder" feature in sports games and for years, (seriously, ever since the Nintendo 64 days) I've always wanted to go deeper into the customization of the teams. Even though they've come a long way, it's still pretty limited. So, in an effort to send out my ideas that I've had ever since I was a kid, I'm starting a "Create-a-_______" series for this forum.

Starting with: 

maxresdefault.jpg

Now before any of you get too excited, there is no official word on NCAA Football coming back this year. I HOPE it does, but it's still just a rumor at this point. 

This game features "TeamBuilder", and with all the logo/branding junkies here, I know several of you are glad that it exists but feels that it could be a bit better than what it is. I could go on about the uniforms, but I'll get to those later. What I really want to focus on for this thread is the stadium creation part of Team Builder, which is lacking. And by lacking, I mean all you're really doing is designing the field (also limited) and picking from a preset design. That would be fine, but if you're like me, that ain't good enough. 

During the week, I'll get into more detail, maybe even designing menu screens to let you fully see what my vision is for a "StadiumBuilder" feature. I'll also post real-world examples with each category. 

Stay tuned, folks. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a simple menu screen to give you a good visual. 

The Customization feature would include players, coaches, teams, and now stadiums and even bowls. But of course, I'm only focusing on stadiums for this thread. 

NCAA%20CustomizationMenu_zpsedlssjro.jpg

Clicking on "StadiumBuilder" would bring you to the following menu screen. 

Being VERY thorough with this, I believe I've covered all angles. 

- Field: The type of surface used, shape (which will effect the seating), endzone art, midfield art, "in between" art, boundaries, numbers and goalposts. Also, chose where you want your field to sit... on the surface or below. This also effects seating. 

- Seating: Number of tiers (1-4), sections, type of seating and material, walls, Press Boxes and Suites. 

- Facade: Self explanatory... for Madden-like presentation purposes. 

- Roof & Lighting: Chose between open air or a roof (sectional, fixed, or retractable), and set lighting in multiple different styles 

- Audio/Visual: Scoreboards and video boards of different kinds, placement of playclocks, and chose what kind of sound system you want your stadium to have.

- Accessories: From statues and texts to flags and championship banners. Also the placement of where the bands sit and where the visitors section will be. 

- Location (Finalize): Create a fictional setting OR use Google Earth to place your stadium. Build the immediate surroundings, name it, and sign off. 

StadiumBuilder%20menu_zpsyuw5bkyq.jpg

I'll begin with the Field. Coming soon...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

2 hours ago, TheBigBuc said:

Intresting idea, Can you incorporate this feature in Dynasty, if you want to let's just say, expand Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to seat 100,000, or if you want to build a new stadium for the University of Miami, 

I'll get to that soon enough... :)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

If it hastill a system  like  2k endless but knowing  ea probably  60 or so and then  it depends  on  how the  system  works  for uploading logo are. This  if in irl but it's  up to 29texan  for this  concept 

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

Ive long wanted this in NCAA as well. My biggest thing in dynasty mode that i always wished could be added was simple. I just simply wanted to be able to add the national championships to the side of the stadium as i won it, thats all. Years down the road after id won a few yet the stadium still says the old years always bugged me. It was always the little fun stuff like that, that meant more than the actual graphics to me. I'd give up the graphics for some more side fun stuff like that.

20 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

How many default custom logos would be included?

Plenty, but that would be more the focus on uniforms, not the stadium.

I will start up on the field later, I just have a lot to do this week. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

8 hours ago, bhdesigns4 said:

Ive long wanted this in NCAA as well. My biggest thing in dynasty mode that i always wished could be added was simple. I just simply wanted to be able to add the national championships to the side of the stadium as i won it, thats all. Years down the road after id won a few yet the stadium still says the old years always bugged me. It was always the little fun stuff like that, that meant more than the actual graphics to me. I'd give up the graphics for some more side fun stuff like that.

Also, I had wished you could expand a stadium if you took a small college or created a cupcake college and made them a powerhouse.

23 hours ago, hokiefan99 said:

I remember old NCAA baseball games has stadium builders

Yeah me too! me and my friend used to make fun of these, we made one stadium with fences so far away than normal or much nearby to infield. Same goes with the fence's heights so funny, When we made the stadium with fences less than 300' away, it was a slugfest with so many home runs. so much fun with that game, i missed that

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

We have to start somewhere... and I'm staring with the shape of the field. 
After clicking on "FIELD", the next menu would be "SHAPE". This would effect how the seating is set up in relation to the playing surface and how close seats are to the field. 

- First, chose between Custom shapes or shapes of already existing stadiums from all 120+ stadiums and a few bowls. 

- Second, chose between 4 categories (Generic / Bowl / Pro / Baseball) 

- And finally, chose which specific shape from the 4 categories you want to use. This is only used for "Custom".  

You can also determine how close the seating would be to the field. By pressing L1/R1 (or whatever XBox uses), you can pull the seating some yards away or push it closer. This, however, wouldn't work for any of the baseball shapes. 

CUSTOM / GENERIC

IBoQkmZ.jpg

qctDy1L.jpg

JhzP2yD.jpg

NxqbuNN.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

CUSTOM / BASEBALL

(the red rectangle is optional seating. If you select this, a box will pop up asking if you want to use this or leave it open to the outfield)

2b2OOrm.jpg

h8v0hZ7.jpg

GUwQLyu.jpg

EXISTING

(I didn't put anything in the box, but you get the idea) 

ZY5EmlI.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Great start so far! I think that's one thing that separated NC-Dub to Madden was the extensive ability of customization, which any big gamer loves to bring in their own school/franchise and build it into a powerhouse. This, however, would further the gap between the two titles. Very impressive brainstorming!

Archived