"crEAtion StadiumBuilder": NCAA Football series (End. What's next?)

29texan

So here's how the "Foreground" works:

First, you select from the 4 rectangles and chose one of the options (or leave it open). 

gF8Te3C.jpg

For this example, I'm going to use RESIDENTIAL / LARGE URBAN. 

OPFk9sY.jpg

Taking from SimCity, the space between these rectangles would be 6 lane roads and space in between buildings would be 4 lane roads. 
The RESIDENTIAL / LARGE URBAN setting would be high rise condos, apartments, and hotels. Each rectangle would feature 2 to 6 unique looking buildings. This works with all of the many different options.

FHrojd8.jpg

And here's the view from the stadium:

giphy.gif

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an epic project. Major props. I wouldn't even real care if I could actually play in the stadiums. I'd be hooked on just building them all!

packchampionslfroh.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a little busy lately, so before I actually close this off, I'll go into more detail about how this would all work in Dynasty Mode.

(I'll present some visuals, later) 

When in Dynasty Mode, when you have your team(s) selected, you will start with your usual sub menus of Coaching and Recruiting. Just like with Madden, a Stadium option is added as well. And here are the 4 options for it:

RENOVATE: Make small changes to an existing stadium, both adding and subtracting). (Field, special items, roofing, lighting)

EXPAND: Add seating and/or boxes to an existing stadium. 
BUILD: Build completely brand new Stadium

MOVE: Move to existing stadium (downloadable stadiums from Madden would be available)

I'll give you more when I have more time. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

How this would work in Dynasty Mode (cont.) 

Because it's a college game, using $ as currency may not be a good idea, so we'll just call them "credits". 

Your program can earn credits by:
 - Winning (obviously)
 - Playing in major bowl games/playoff games and winning gives you even more

- Winning a National Title

- Asking boosters 

Asking boosters is as effective as the team's performance on the field and how much the school trusts your coach. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

For the Location, I thought of using GoogleEarth as a new, more interactive and realistic dynamic to choosing backgrounds instead of just picking a limited spot with the same visuals and just a few small differences here and there, depending on what city/town or geographical features there are. 

More to come... 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

LOCATION cont.

While choosing a location for a stadium in GoogleEarth, you are allowed to set the stadium and its foreground in certain locations. During the selection, you will see a green checkmark as to where you can set the stadium and the places where you can't set the stadium will be represented with a big red 'X' and red rectangle, as seen in the example below. 

Where you are allowed to set your stadium:
 - Small buildings/neighborhoods/apartment complexes
 - Skyscrapers 

- Small roads 

- Open fields 
 - Existing stadiums 
 - Small bodies of water (Creeks, Ponds) 

(As you set the stadium over existing structures, GoogleEarth would erase whatever you are placing the stadium over)

Where you are NOT allowed to set your stadium:
 - Major Highways 

- Large Bodies of Water (Oceans, Large Lakes, Rivers, Swamps)

- Major Landmarks/Important Neighborhoods (Empire State Building, Grand Canyon, The French Quarter, etc.)

giphy.gif

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

21 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

This is epic. Amazing  job 

As always, thanks. 

LOCATION cont.

Using Georgia State as an example, since they don't actually have a stadium of their own, here's what their stadium would look like using GoogleEarth in NCAA Football, set in the parking lot of Turner Field:

pP60YdY.jpg

38pYfXY.jpg

cVbMnVC.jpg

AFaNMjH.jpg

Obviously, the trees and any extra items will be cleared so they don't get in the way, but this is by far the best example of what my vision would be. 

After about 6 months, my next post will finish this little project for good. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I really like this so far! My two questions would be, why can't you build over water? The Warriors proposed a waterfront stadium once: sf-20131112-aerial-925.jpg

Would it be okay to build something like that? You could even add "waterfront" to the list of stadium foreground types. 

Last question is about not being able to build near famous landmarks. Why would this be not allowed? Shouldn't I be able to build my stadium at the bottom of the Grand Canyon if I want to? I know in real life, this would obviously never happen but I don't see why a virtual stadium would need these limitations.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:06 PM, User9113 said:

I really like this so far! My two questions would be, why can't you build over water? The Warriors proposed a waterfront stadium once: sf-20131112-aerial-925.jpg

Would it be okay to build something like that? You could even add "waterfront" to the list of stadium foreground types. 

Last question is about not being able to build near famous landmarks. Why would this be not allowed? Shouldn't I be able to build my stadium at the bottom of the Grand Canyon if I want to? I know in real life, this would obviously never happen but I don't see why a virtual stadium would need these limitations.

I guess "Waterfront" could work on oceans and lakes. Still don't think it should be built over rivers, though. Don't know how GoogleEarth would handle it... then again, this is all total suggestions, so maybe.

As for your last question, I'm guessing it's my inner preservationist talking. lol

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Now that this project is done, I ask, if you're interested, what should I do next?
(I may ask in a Poll)

Some things I have in mind: 
 - NCAA Football Teambuilder 

- NCAA March Madness Teambuilder (thought I'd bring that back)
 - NCAA March Madness Create-a-Court
 - NASCAR Thunder Build-a-Track / Stock Car Creator 
 - MVP Baseball Uniform Builder 

- NBA Live Team Relocation/Create-a-Court

More in mind, but those are at the top of my head...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Archived